Assisted Living in Jasper
HarborChase of Jasper2100 Viking Dr., Jasper, AL
Lakewood Senior Living of Jasper811 20th Ave E, Jasper, AL
Sunrise Manor Ii1609 Sunrise Road, Jasper, AL
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Jasper area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 3 reviews of assisted living communities in the Jasper area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 3 assisted living communities in the Jasper area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Jasper
Located in Walker County, Alabama, Jasper was once known for being a world leader in coal production. Today, townspeople have dedicated themselves to revitalizing the town yielding a refreshed Main Street where seniors can choose from several different restaurants, coffee shops and boutiques. Seniors in Jasper account for almost 18 percent of the population. For those who can no longer live alone, there are three assisted living facilities located in Jasper, and one other nearby in Arley.
In Jasper and throughout the state of Alabama, communities providing assisted living services to seniors are officially known as Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs). They're defined as facilities which house and care for two or more residents. Seniors residing in ALFs are provided with 24-hour personal care and assistance with daily living. ALFs in Alabama are regulated by the Alabama Department of Public Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Jasper
Clastran provides safe, low-cost public transportation to seniors, allowing them to connect to their community and preserve their independence.
- The Jasper area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Walker Baptist Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Jasper's climate is reasonably comfortable. The area sees an average of 207 sunny days each year, and the average summertime high is 91 degrees.
- There are plenty of arts and culture activities in Jasper for seniors to take part in. Some assisted living facilities may offer seniors organized day trips to local events and the area's top attractions like Bankhead House & Heritage Center.
- The cost of living in Jasper is approximately 24 percent lower than the U.S. average. Seniors may be able to use savings from health care, transportation and entertainment costs to pay for the cost of assisted living.
- The crime rate in Jasper is very high. The city is safer than only 1 percent of other U.S. cities. Residents have a 1 in 88 chance of becoming the victim of a violent crime. The chance of becoming the victim of a property crime is 1 in 16.
Paying for Assisted Living in Jasper
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Alabama
Assisted Living costs in Jasper start around $3,000 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Jasper and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Jasper
Medicaid and other government-funded programs aren't available to seniors residing in Jasper or anywhere else in Alabama to help with the cost of assisted living. Only seniors who have reached a nursing level of care are eligible for Alabama's Institutional Medicaid program.
An optional supplement to Supplemental Security Income may be available to some seniors to help pay for some specific living arrangements. Unfortunately, this supplement isn't offered to seniors living in assisted living facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Jasper
Jasper and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Jasper
Jasper-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Alabama are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page for more information about these laws.