Assisted Living in Eufaula
Gardens of Eufaula395 Lake Drive, Eufaula, AL
River Oaks (Eufaula)903 W. Union St., Eufaula, AL
At A Glance
There are 2 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Eufaula is $2,490 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Eufaula area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 2 assisted living communities in the Eufaula area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Eufaula
Located in Barbour County, Eufaula, Alabama, is situated on a bluff overlooking the serene 45,000-acre Lake Eufaula. In the this small city of 12,000 people, seniors age 65 and over make up almost 17 percent of the population. To serve seniors here, Eufaula has two assisted living facilities with two more located in the surrounding areas of Cuthbert and Abbeville.
In Eufaula and throughout the state of Alabama, communities which provide assisted living services to seniors are officially known as ALFs. To be considered an ALF, communities must house a minimum of two residents. These facilities provide seniors with 24-hour personal care and assistance with the activities of daily living. In Alabama, all ALFs are regulated by the Alabama Department of Public Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Eufaula
- Eufaula has a high crime rate. It's safer than only 9 percent of other US cities, and residents have a 1 in 27 chance of becoming a victim of property crimes.
- The cost of living in Eufaula is 12 percent lower than the national average. Seniors will find the savings on transportation and health care most beneficial, which can help make room in the budget to pay for the cost of assisted living.
- With an average summertime high of 92 degrees and 58 inches of rain per year, Eufaula's climate is warm and humid. For some seniors, this may be a source of discomfort.
- Public transportation in Eufaula is minimal. The Eufaula Barbour Transit Authority only services the area Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. and is not available on statutory holidays.
- The Eufaula area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Medical Center Barbour, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The state of Alabama doesn't tax social security benefits, which leaves more room in seniors' budgets to pay for the cost of assisted living.
Paying for Assisted Living in Eufaula
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Alabama
Assisted Living costs in Eufaula start around $2,490 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Eufaula and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Eufaula
There are no Medicaid or other government-funded programs available to seniors residing in Eufaula or anywhere else in Alabama that help with the cost of assisted living. Seniors who have reached a nursing level of care are eligible for Alabama's Institutional Medicaid program.
An optional supplement to Supplemental Security Income may be available to some seniors to help pay for some specific living arrangements. Seniors in assisted living facilities are not eligible for this supplement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Eufaula
Eufaula and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Eufaula
Eufaula-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Alabama are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page for more information about these laws.