Desert Rose

Reviews of Desert Rose

Independent Living Reviews for Desert Rose

March 06, 2021

By Nancy

We went to visit Desert Rose in person. They were extremely friendly and answered all of our questions. It was a very clean establishment and the staff was very helpful. They showed us the dining area, the laundry facility, and the dog area, because you can have a dog. They also showed us three different rooms. It was a great tour. We didn't eat there but they had freshly baked cookies for us. It was an absolutely beautiful facility, it was very clean, and very welcoming, overall an outstanding place.

December 01, 2019

By Betty

I was very impressed with Desert Rose. The lady was very nice and explained everything to me. I liked the cleanliness, the rooms, and the outlook of the place. The residents were gathering and talking when I was there. I was very well satisfied with what I've seen. They had a beautiful swimming pool and outdoor activities.

March 18, 2019

By Michael

My mother moved into Desert Rose before she passed. My father moved in there and he has since passed away. The community was a 7 or 8 in a scale of 1 to 10. They treated my parents very fairly, but they had a turnover management. The place is clean, secure, and the food is okay. I ate there a couple of times and it was fine. The staff was very friendly, really went above and beyond, especially the folks that work in the Synergy, the care facility. Overall, the facility was good and it's decent. Some of their marketing practices, I've had some issue with, especially things that were said, but never came through. They really took care of my mother and my father. However, I think what's important to people is what is said by the people at management about contracts, when the money is given back to you, how it's given to you when they lock in the rate, it must be written down and agreed upon. Things were said to me by one individual, but when I went to the current manager, that no longer hold. So I would say, get things in writing, make sure what is said is understood, especially when it concerns elderly people, and there's a lot of money involved. However, I would recommend them to anybody.

January 11, 2018

By Frank

I'm living in Desert Rose now. I have lived not far from here for about ten years, so there was a great deal of comfort as far as the living area. The entire place is clean and well-maintained. The staff is very friendly. The prices are excellent. I think the activities are more in line with women, but they seem to be popular.

July 17, 2017

By Jack

We've been down to Desert Rose, and that was what we've decided on. It's an older unit, but very clean and well-maintained. I was satisfied with the rooms; they're roomy, and you have to supply your own furniture. They offered a little bit of everything, and I was satisfied. The food was fantastic, we ate 2 lunches at different times, and they were really good. The staff that we met was really nice and tried to take care of us. They had exercise rooms that were well equipped, and they had an outdoor pool. Everything we were looking for was there.

Hi Jack, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at Desert Rose. We're happy we could meet your expectations! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you. Thank you!

January 10, 2017

By Jan537585

The rooms at Desert Rose were smaller. The layout was smaller and just seemed very crowded. The place was full, and they have a lot of people, but it just seemed crowded when we went on our tour. It was pretty hard to get in and out of the doors and stuff. Having a walker and a scooter, it was really hard for my dad. That is why we changed our mind. The other staff would smile when you walk pass them, but we did not have any interaction. They weren’t rude or anything; everyone was really nice. They have a bus to take people, an itinerary, and a lot of activities.

January 09, 2017

By Steve716682

I live in Desert Rose. The place, grounds, and rooms are really nice. The people working there were really nice and knowledgeable. The location is fine. They offer three meals a day, and the food is very good. They have activities like bowling and checkers. They have some people come in to play music. I will recommend them to others.

November 07, 2016

By Jeff748386

Desert Rose was very good, and my mom liked it. The staff was good too, and there’s lots of rooms. The price was reasonable, location was very convenient, and the people were very nice. Security looked reasonable. Mom tasted the food, and it was good.

October 11, 2016

By Terry248114

Desert Rose is very exceptional. Overall, it’s very, very good. I just started this month with them. I was there for 3 days and then waited for a facility to become available.

May 10, 2016

By SherylJNTJW

My dad moved in to Desert Rose. It is a very beautiful, bright, cheery, and friendly place. The dining area is very open and very welcoming. He likes the meals, and the food is excellent and prepared by a professional chef. They have activities, like exerise class, movies, and bingo. He has a fairly good-sized apartment.

April 06, 2016

By Donna123136750

My mother and father-in-law are in Desert Rose. It's a nice, clean place with a weight room, walking places, volleyball, and different kinds of card games, but she is not really into the activities. I think they will take them to doctors' appointments, but my mother and father-in-law have a car, so they are not dependent on anybody to take them yet. We have joined them for lunch, and the food is good. The staff are very attentive, wonderful, very friendly, and very helpful. They serve three meals a day, and I do not think there are snacks available, unless they are having an event, like dances in the evening.

January 27, 2016

By Anonymous119625450

My mother lived in Desert Rose for three months. The experience was good, but my mother had a stroke. I moved her out and she’s back in her home. The people who run Desert Rose were great. I had no complaints and the rooms were very nice.

November 15, 2015

I visited Desert Rose for my parents. I liked it. It was very friendly, very open, and bright. They had nice people, too. The rooms were very spacious and easy to get around inside. They have a small kitchen area but also have their own dining area for the people.

October 27, 2015

By Becky37

My mom is in Desert Rose. The staff works late hours and tries really hard. They ware very caring, and they quickly take care of day-to-day maintenance. She’s very comfortable there. She’s happy, still cooking, and making friends. The only thing that scares me is that they have three levels (my mother is on the third floor) -- it's a fairly big facility, but there is only one elevator. One day, the electricity went out. Many of the people have walkers and scooters, so they had to stay on the first floor. Also, there is no freight elevator. The elevator is a big issue for me.

July 13, 2015

By kennn

Desert Rose was really good. The people were very nice, and they did what they said they would do for that kind of facility, but it was not the best place for my mother-in-law because she is having some psychological and emotional problems. She did not want to join people in the eating area. Nothing about the place was wrong. It was a really nice place. They had all kinds of activities, and they post them in the elevator and other places, so that people can know what is going on.

September 29, 2014

We had mom at Desert Rose. Their staff rotates so often that you can't really keep up with them. One group says one thing and the other says another. The interaction with the managers could be better. The rooms are really nice, and they have all kinds of activities like bingo. People come in to do some kind of things like crafts. It's a very busy community. The food needs to be improved as I have some pretty bad meals there.

September 24, 2013

By JT3

Of all the places that I had visited, Desert Rose was number 1. They had an available room for me. The staff had been wonderful. They had all kinds of things going on every day some of which I had participated in. From what I saw during my visit, they seemed to be satisfactory.

Questions about Desert Rose

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Desert Rose. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Desert Rose offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Desert Rose exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Desert Rose offer to independent living residents?

If Desert Rose accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Desert Rose work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Desert Rose

Photos of Desert Rose

Services and Amenities of Desert Rose

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Storage Space, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Desert Rose

Desert Rose is located in Yuma, AZ, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Desert Rose for a visit...and stay!

Map of Desert Rose