Desert Rose

Reviews of Desert Rose

Independent Living Reviews for Desert Rose

May 10, 2016

By SherylJNTJW

My dad moved in to Desert Rose. It is a very beautiful, bright, cheery, and friendly place. The dining area is very open and very welcoming. He likes the meals, and the food is excellent and prepared by a professional chef. They have activities, like exerise class, movies, and bingo. He has a fairly good-sized apartment.

April 06, 2016

By Donna123136750

My mother and father-in-law are in Desert Rose. It's a nice, clean place with a weight room, walking places, volleyball, and different kinds of card games, but she is not really into the activities. I think they will take them to doctors' appointments, but my mother and father-in-law have a car, so they are not dependent on anybody to take them yet. We have joined them for lunch, and the food is good. The staff are very attentive, wonderful, very friendly, and very helpful. They serve three meals a day, and I do not think there are snacks available, unless they are having an event, like dances in the evening.

January 27, 2016

By Anonymous119625450

My mother lived in Desert Rose for three months. The experience was good, but my mother had a stroke. I moved her out and she’s back in her home. The people who run Desert Rose were great. I had no complaints and the rooms were very nice.

November 15, 2015

I visited Desert Rose for my parents. I liked it. It was very friendly, very open, and bright. They had nice people, too. The rooms were very spacious and easy to get around inside. They have a small kitchen area but also have their own dining area for the people.

October 27, 2015

By Becky37

My mom is in Desert Rose. The staff works late hours and tries really hard. They ware very caring, and they quickly take care of day-to-day maintenance. She’s very comfortable there. She’s happy, still cooking, and making friends. The only thing that scares me is that they have three levels (my mother is on the third floor) -- it's a fairly big facility, but there is only one elevator. One day, the electricity went out. Many of the people have walkers and scooters, so they had to stay on the first floor. Also, there is no freight elevator. The elevator is a big issue for me.

July 13, 2015

By kennn

Desert Rose was really good. The people were very nice, and they did what they said they would do for that kind of facility, but it was not the best place for my mother-in-law because she is having some psychological and emotional problems. She did not want to join people in the eating area. Nothing about the place was wrong. It was a really nice place. They had all kinds of activities, and they post them in the elevator and other places, so that people can know what is going on.

September 29, 2014

We had mom at Desert Rose. Their staff rotates so often that you can't really keep up with them. One group says one thing and the other says another. The interaction with the managers could be better. The rooms are really nice, and they have all kinds of activities like bingo. People come in to do some kind of things like crafts. It's a very busy community. The food needs to be improved as I have some pretty bad meals there.

September 24, 2013

By JT3

Of all the places that I had visited, Desert Rose was number 1. They had an available room for me. The staff had been wonderful. They had all kinds of things going on every day some of which I had participated in. From what I saw during my visit, they seemed to be satisfactory.

Costs for Desert Rose

Photos of Desert Rose

Services and Amenities of Desert Rose

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Storage Space, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Desert Rose

Desert Rose is located in Yuma, AZ, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Desert Rose for a visit...and stay!

Map of Desert Rose