Splendido at Rancho Vistoso Tucson, AZ

Reviews of Splendido at Rancho Vistoso

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Splendido at Rancho Vistoso

October 31, 2017

By John

Splendido at Rancho Vistoso seemed like a very friendly community where everybody says hello to one another. The staff was excellent, very friendly, and helpful. They had formal and informal restaurants, a grill where you get breakfast and lunch, a small golf course, indoor and outdoor pools, a nice workout center with various types of equipment, a library, arts and crafts room, and concierge. They did housekeeping and laundry, and you can get a meal plan if you want to eat there all the time or just part of the time. They'll take you to shopping, movies, theaters, and concerts. I had a nice lunch there. They have excellent facilities with the look and feel of a luxury resort.

November 23, 2016

By Don233047

Splendido (Sonora at Splendido) had everything. It had an indoor and outdoor pool. Everything was updated, and everything was brand new or was kept brand new. It was excellent. Everything about it was upscale, but it was too expensive for me. Their dining area was beautiful. The staff was friendly and nice.

August 22, 2016

By Betty755585

There is a lovely place called Splendido (Splendido at Rancho Vistoso) that we couldn’t afford. We toured it and had been in an apartment or two to visit friends. It’s very, very nice. We were treated very nicely. The apartments were beautiful, very large, and appointed very beautifully. We attended a very lovely 90th birthday party there, and everything was delicious. The dining room was a very large room and very nicely decorated. We were always just welcomed very nicely.

September 29, 2015

My mom is in Splendido. There are always 2 CRNs and 2 nurses on duty. The food depends on who the chef is. One of the chefs is excellent, and the other one is terrible. They have activities in the morning and in the afternoon. They are in the midst of renovating it even though it is only 8 years old. They are adding a multisensory room.

May 28, 2015

Splendido was nice. They had spacious rooms. They were clean and organized. The facility was well maintained.

March 15, 2015

By Bob103555450

We live in a facility now called Splendido. It is a first rate CCRC. We are very happy here except that she has very difficult food allergies that she has to manage. We were having some difficulties between them providing meals and providing the wrong things with her food allergies. They have two segments, one we affectionately call the Big House. That is where all the activities take place, and there are several hundred apartments there. They are split between the apartments in the main building which we call the Big House. There are villas which surround the main building, and then there is the assisted living which is part of the whole complex. The assisted living includes everything from temporary care after surgery to where you can't remember to take your pills, or if you can't remember anything then you're in the memory unit. I'm in the independent living. This place is unique because I don't know if you can replicate it in the country. Our members are organized from the very beginning with what they call a college course program. It is taught by the residents. Our people teach these courses. They are taught by us and independently planned by us. My wife has terrible asthma, and we are better when we lived in a desert community. I think this is the premier location as far as facilities go. Our villa is 1800 square feet, and they go up to 3000. If there is any place more than that, I don't know where it is. We just did a complete study thinking that we could get something different, and we couldn't find anything that would improve this.

November 13, 2014

By Stan7

We were able to spent three nights at Splendido. Their service is round-the-clock. They have an indoor and an outdoor pool. They have lot of activities. They also have a nice gym. They have speakers come in and a lot of invitations. It's just a topnotch place, and it's really beautiful. The facility is very, very clean, and the people are very friendly.

September 07, 2014

By Commented

As the name indicates, this retirement apartment complex with complete eldery care is splendid in all aspects and respects. If you can afford the considerable tuition, this is the finest way to enjoy your golden years in Tucson. A bit isolated and far from downtown Tucson, but with many onsight events and pastimes. Rooms perhaps larger than needed for one or two, but plenty of space for relaxing and entertaining.

August 13, 2012

Mom was nervous about living without her family members beside her, but the staff made her feel very welcome. I had looked at CCRC homes before deciding that mom would be most comfortable at Splendido. The prices included the services she needed which helped my family budget. We didn't have to worry about pricing going up every other month as mom required more help. It's like an experience in a hotel.

May 25, 2012

By Physical Therapy

This is where I want to stay if I retire. This facility is new, upscale but a little expensive. It has beautiful furnishing. In addition, the parking lot is fairly large. They provide all levels of care here. The staff was really friendly, accommodating and helpful. You can go to a reception area which was like a hotel concierge. They offer numerous services like getting your nails done, transportation to places residents would wish to go and many others. Activities are similar to other facilities.

September 23, 2011

By Emmyrose

Other

This is a beautiful resort facility built in a complex of buildings. There are one two and three story buildings. They range from the independent apartments, 12 assisted living apartments, 12 memory care, and 36 nursing units. There is a total of three hundred various units.The entry porch and outside decor is georgeous and inside stunning. There are great views from here of the surrounding city lights, landscape and mountains. The grounds are well maintained with numerous courtyards, walking paths, sitting areas, patios, and enclosed areas for some residents. There are beautiful fountains, stone and rock structures, flowers, shrubs, and desert landscape. They have beautiful dining rooms and cafes throughout the complex and an outside dining cafe. There is a club room. theater, sitting areas, living room with fireplace, fitness room, and activities area. They offer housekeeping and linen service. There is a wide array of floor plans which are offered in their terrace and villa homes. There are one and two bedrooms, two bedrooms with den, and three bedrooms and den. All have balconies or patios. They are elderly and handicapped equipped and have emergency systems. The four dining rooms and cafes offer a wonderful menu of a variety of delicious food and snacks. They have all three levels of care including, memory, respite, rehab, and hospice. They have Registered nurses and LPNs 24/7. They have certified care givers, med techs, physical therapist, and activities staff. There are doctors and nurse practitioners who come in. Transport is available to appointments. The staff is well trained and seem to care about their work and residents. This is a very active community with activities ranfing from fitness programs, yoga, various entertainment, parties, to games. They have outings usually 7 days a week for shopping, malls, and community events. This is a great place.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (11) See fewer reviews

Services and Amenities of Splendido at Rancho Vistoso

About Splendido at Rancho Vistoso

Splendido at Rancho Vistoso is a senior living provider in Tucson, Arizona that offers residents Nursing Homes and Continuing Care Communities. Contact Splendido at Rancho Vistoso for more details on services and rates.

Map of Splendido at Rancho Vistoso