Waverly Park Healthcare Center

Reviews of Waverly Park Healthcare Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Waverly Park Healthcare Center

August 14, 2017

By Gnelson

Make no mistake; this is not a rehabilitation center, it's a nursing home, with minimal care. My co-worker came here to die, not recover from his injuries. He was on oxygen and the nursing staff would occasionally remove his oxygen only to find him delirious the next day. They made excuses as to why his injuries were not healing, instead of treating him. Left voice messages every day with the nurse's desk to see if he was coherent enough to see visitors, The staff never returned my calls. The front desk receptionist could care less if a murderer walked through the front door. It didn't matter who was staffing the desk, they were always on their cell phones and not really paying attention to who entered or what their purpose was. And, if the above wasn't evidence enough, seeing countless people in the hallways, in a comatose state sitting in their wheelchairs tells me that this is a nursing home that is more interested in collecting the insurance money than caring for the patients. Despicable.

June 11, 2017

By None 100

Stayed for 3 weeks in May on rehab floor. Positives: Fortunate didn't smell urine or feces while there relatively clean, beautiful shower facilities. I couldn’t even get a Tylenol for a headache I had due to the delay in processing my admissions, which shows they did comply with HIPAA laws. They did order soymilk for me receiving it my 2ND week there. Thank God I was given a wheel chair. That was my ticket to freedom: would toilet myself, get around the facility including taking all meals in dining room and enjoy what the recreation room offered. OT & PT were professional though I could have used another week but appeal to Medicare/Medicaid was denied. The weekday Aids & RNs were wonderful. I did have fun getting my fingernails done and the ice cream gathering. The music in dining room was wonderful. I was invited to sit at 2 different tables that automatically reserved a place for me in the dining room. I did enjoy the busy schedule I had making the time pass very fast. Negatives: Unfortunately the Rehab unit got over run by 2 – 3 times the number of admissions than normal, taking the RN's over 8 hours to perform my admissions as they got bombarded. Had headache, hungry and scared. They don't cater to special diets. Offer 2 options for lunch and dinner with alternative standard choices of chief salad or fruit salad, very salty grilled cheese or peanut butter sandwich. Evening shift had 2 Nursing assistances that looked like zombies with terrible work habits. One had a bleeding sore on her head! The other told me "this is what we are serving for dinner there is nothing else!" I'd have to wait 45 minutes till light was answered then the old Aid would ask me to turn the call out call light! Discharge time suddenly came up, didn’t feel ready for home. The night and weekend shift Aids and RNs/LPNs were terrible, rude, didn't care. Figured that's why they worked shifts with least amount of patient contact. I dug deep inside my coping mechanisms to survive -keeping a wonderful sense of humor, which drew staff towards me. I even hopped (literally) into my wheel chair to get the nurse when my roommate was out of oxygen! I wouldn’t have survived as well if I were bed ridden, as I would have felt totally helpless and thus the 2 star rating. It does help having a family member visiting frequently especially on weekends when there is nothing going on. You get better attention when needed.

February 29, 2016

By Bonnie120292450

Mom was in Park Avenue Health and Rehabilitation. It was very highly rated as far as the level of care; that’s why we chose it initially. It was a shared situation with just a curtain between the beds and I thought the rooms were very crowded. I think it was clean enough and didn’t smell bad. I thought the food looked good but my mom hated it. The staff was really hardworking, very pleasant, and very talented. I don’t think she got enough rehab, enough physical therapy, and occupational therapy that I was completely pleased with. The people they did have were fine but there were not enough people to provide the services that I thought should be provided. She would ring her button and the response time was not very good.

February 23, 2016

By Susan E.

My relative was at Park Avenue. They were OK. However, it seemed like they had a longer response-time. He had been there for a month. It wasn’t bad. People there were good. The community was a little hospital-ish. The common areas, and the furniture weren’t as nice. It was more worn or old-looking than the other facility.

December 03, 2012

By omgadino

Park Avenue is a very clean facility. The landscaping in the front was neatly groomed and the parking lot looked kept. When I toured the campus it had some construction going on which showed me that the owners are willing to put money back into the facility in order to enhance the experience for the residents. The administrator, whom I was observing, emphasized how safety for the residents is a major concern that's why many of the doors remained locked and have pass codes to get to the stair wells. This attention to detail must be greatly appreciated by the families of the residents so that they know their loved ones are taken care of and are happy. Many of the staff looked very busy but all seemed to be tending to residents. The receptionist at the front desk was very inviting and helpful. After meeting the department heads, I got the feeling that the building is ran by dedicated professionals who constantly look for the best way to make the building a top tier assisted care facility.

June 21, 2012

By VeganJem

At first this facility seemed really nice.. but as time went on, I realized it wasnt so great. It is very hard to get a hold of the social workers.. and at times the stations do not answer their phones, they do not answer call buttons quickly. My Dad was really unhappy in this place. The rooms are very TINY.. closets look like broom closets, bathroom was often not clean.. and the worse of all.. my Dad who is incontinent.. was only allowed 2 showers a week. We argued and fought about this issue cuz he wanted to be bathed DAILY, so we finally got ONE MORE shower.. woow.. I take two bathes a day.. I would feel so NASTY if I only took 2 or 3 a week.. They also gave insulin shots after the meal rather than before which is not recommended by doctors as the blood sugar isnt accurate after a meal. My Dad had a room that had a wire cage on the window to keep pigeons away.. understandable to keep pigeons away but, maybe use something else? it looks like looking out a prison window.. Dad kept saying he was in a prison.. Most of the caregivers and nurses were very nice.. so that is the one positive thing I would say.

About Waverly Park Healthcare Center

Waverly Park Healthcare Center is a senior living provider in Tucson, Arizona that offers residents Nursing Homes and Nursing Homes. Contact Waverly Park Healthcare Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Waverly Park Healthcare Center