Manor Care

Reviews of Manor Care

Nursing Home Reviews for Manor Care

June 19, 2013

By Lourdes2

When my mom fell at the assisted living home that she was in, she had a pelvic fracture and ended up at the hospital. When she was discharged, her doctor referred her to ManorCare Health Services because she was going to need physical therapy. My mom was there for only 20 days. It was a lot different than an assisted living facility, it was more gloomy because it was a nursing home. The place, the staff and the room were all mediocre. The rooms were okay and the space was very basic, nothing fancy. Their nursing staff also were very friendly. However, the food wasn't good, actually, it was really bad.

March 26, 2013

By fatheroften

I had my mother in law at ManorCare twice. First for a stroke recovery and then again for hip surgery recovery. The staff there treated her like a real VIP. WE are very satisfied with the care and teh responsiveness of all of the staff and the management. They are true compassionate professionals that take their calling very seriously.

September 24, 2012

By Leelu

I feel like there are many negative images of nursing homes and assisted living facilities. However, I thought that Manor Care was very nice. They had a receptionist that greeted us as soon as we walked in, and ask how she could help us. When we received the tour I though it was a very nice touch that every staff member we passed by smiled and said hello. The residents in the facility looked active, and well taken care of, and there were no strong odors (something that I specifically looked for) in the facility. The building did appear to be a little old (I do not recall when they said it was built), however, it was clean, and seemed very well maintained. The facility offered a nice activities program, and the menu also seemed like something my grandparents would like. I really appreciated how the staff focused on talking to my grandparents more so then me. I think that shows a high level of respect and professionalism. We did look at one other facility, but no longer even remember the name of it. Overall I was impressed with Manor Care.

January 27, 2012

By Doggie Friend

I visit this facility on a regular basis as a hospice volunteer. My dog (which is a certified therapy dog) and I visit with assigned patients and also with anyone else who wants a visit with a dog.I have been impressed with the cleanliness and "good" smell of this facility. Unlike many, there is no odor of excessive sanitation materials nor ill and aging bodies. It is just a pleasant, clean smell.The caregivers all seem friendly and concerned about the residents. They always ask me to make sure the dog and I visit everyone who would enjoy us or needs some cheering up. As we walk through the halls, the dog and I are greeted by name and pointed out to the residents in the hallway to draw attention to us. The caregivers appear to want to make sure that even those residents who interact very little are alerted to some thing interesting in the environment.When we are there during mealtime the food looks excellent. The appearance and smell of the food makes me wish that I could share a meal with them. Of course, some of the residents want to share their food with the dog and I have to watch that they don't do so. There are well lighted and attractive dining rooms on both floors of the facility and the residents are encouraged to eat in them rather than in their rooms. The caregivers try to make sure that all of the residents interact as much as they are able.The grounds are well groomed and there is an enclosed area that the residents are able to use with little or no supervision if they choose. The facility as a whole is well kept up and the furnishings in the common areas are homelike, not industrial fake leather as in some others. Even the lobby entrance and waiting room are nicely decorated with ante-rooms off from the main area so that visitors can meet with residents without coping with either a hospital setting or strangers wandering past. I would recommend this facility to anyone who needed wither long or short term care.

About Manor Care

Manor Care is a senior living provider in Tucson, Arizona that offers residents Nursing Homes and Nursing Homes. Contact Manor Care for more details on services and rates.

Map of Manor Care