Brookdale North Tucson

Reviews of Brookdale North Tucson

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale North Tucson

August 16, 2015

By Mrshullt

Worst place I have ever been to.everyone there seems stressed due to being short staffed all the managers are in there offices. All we really liked was the food. it was excellent. But bottom line it seemed like the whole time we were there they were trying to hide things and they had no care staff. P.S the Ed did emit they were short staffed and we're going through a rough patch not very professional on his half if you tell me.

July 28, 2015

By Lynn110479750

The apartments were very nice at Brookdale North, I think they had been redecorated because I had been there 10 years ago and gone back there for a couples of months now. I did not have lunch, but I had some samples of food there, and the food seems quite good. Everything was nice and clean except that I kind of eliminated that one because I thought the people there were much sicker than my mother was. I talk to a couple of residents there, and they seemed very happy, but everybody that I saw there probably needs some kind of assistance. There was somebody playing the piano and doing some music. It was lunch time, and a lot of them were eating. I did sample a little bit of food there, and everything seemed very good. There was an ice cream parlor, a couple of rooms with television, and movies. I like that it was all in one level and that it was smaller. There was nothing wrong with it; it just wasn’t a good fit for my mom.

May 11, 2015

By marlen

Everthing was great.. food was excellent and care as well everyone was friendly and looked like they knew what they were doing.Building was clean and smelled good.i would highly recommend tthis place.

January 03, 2015

Emeritus is clean, friendly, and close to home. We did a walk-through, and all of the residents seemed very happy. The staff is very good, and the food is amazing. They have Christmas parties, sing alongs, and art classes. I would recommend this facility.

August 04, 2014

I got a really bad impression of Emeritus at Tucson because when I walked in, it smelled funny. It made me think of a nursing home. It's probably because I am not used to this, but the residents seemed like they were just sitting there. They weren't doing anything. The staff didn't really show us the rooms; I noticed she just showed us where they were. Maybe they haven't cleaned up, but it kind of smelled funny in there and that was one drawback.

April 22, 2014

By Susan82824450

Emeritus at Tucson is a very nice facility. They had everything. It wasn’t too big or too small. My dad service's was great. So far, the level of care is wonderful. The people were nice and well taken care of, and so far so good. I haven’t tasted the food, but my dad says it's great. Their dining area is very nice and very clean, like a restaurant. It has lots of views from the outside.

October 03, 2013

When we first walked into Emeritus at Tucson, everything looked wonderful. On the outside, it was pretty. It's located on a very busy street. I liked the fact that it was secure. We placed my mother there, and when we visited her, there seemed to be a few more people who were there wandering down the halls, who don't know what's going on, etc. They seemed to have more Alzheimer's patients. My mom was probably the brightest in the pack. In fact, she practically won every bingo game everyday. I also actually witnessed a guy who was walking alone and he was peeing in the corner. In fact, the facility itself smelled like urine. When I complained about the smell, they never did anything. They need to change their carpeting and not let residents go into the day room unless they have a diaper on. The place just had an unpleasant smell of pee. My mom's room very small and not everything there was working. Food was okay but they kept breaking it in half because, I think, most of their Alzheimer's patients didn't want to eat. But then, there were other people who really wanted to eat and when they try to go back for seconds, they got like their hands slapped so to speak and they would say to them, "No, no, you can't have more than this." Originally, the staff was good. However, once the first director left, everything went downhill after that. Every other director who came after her was just overwhelmed. They can't keep a staff member more than a week or two. Some of them were helpful but others were just waiting to get another job.

September 22, 2012

By Stephanie 1

I like Emeritus a lot. It was smaller, the people seem to be very well-taken care of and they seem to be happy and smiling. They were a little pricey and the rooms are very small.

October 03, 2011

By Emmyrose

Other

This is a beautiful, nice one story assisted living facility. They gave room nforn 50 residents. They have studio and one bedrooms with partial kitchens which are all handicapped equipped and have emergency system. They provide housekeeping and laundry. The facility is clean and nicely decorated. They gave a locked patio with bbq. There are enclosed grounds for walking. The landscaping is lush greenery with trees.It is well maintained. Inside there is a beauty salon, ice cream parlor, tv room, large dining room and sun room. They serve three meals a day and anytime snacks. They do a variety menu and the food is good. They have 24/7 nurses and doctors who come in. They can arrange for transport. Their caregivers are certified. They have doctors who come in and can do transport. They do all three levels of care and respite as well. They specialize in Alzheimer and dementia residents. They do a lot of in house activities such as music, exercise, parties, ice cream socials, and outings are done as residents who can go out. They go to karaoke. They have escorts who can go with the resident.The staff seems caring. This is a nice facility.

Photos of Brookdale North Tucson

Services and Amenities of Brookdale North Tucson

• State Licenses: AL7866C

About Brookdale North Tucson

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Renovation Completed April 1st, 2018, All day dining; Hoyer lifts, 2 person transfers, diabetes management and hospice care available.

Map of Brookdale North Tucson