Villa Ocotillo

Reviews of Villa Ocotillo

Assisted Living Reviews for Villa Ocotillo

August 18, 2011

By Emmyrose

This is a beautiful two story facility. It is nicely furnished and decorated on entry. They have beautiful grounds. They have 130 apartments. They have one bedroom deluxe, studios, and alcove plus which are a larger studio, All are handicapped equipped with semi kitchens. All apartments are equipped with emergency call buttons.They currently have 106 assisted living residents. The meals are cooked in their kitchen and served in the restaurant style dining room. The residents are served by waiters dressed in black and white uniforms. They provide three meals a day with a great variety of choices. Snacks are always available. The food is very good here. There are three licensed nurses on duty 7 days a week and on call. Certified care givers are on 24/7. They have several staff and they really seem to care for these residents. All the residents are clean and happy there. A very homey atmosphere has been created here for a larger facility. The staff takes care of allm laundry, linens, and housekeeping. There is a hospice nurse on staff and a physician. Physical therapist is available. Other doctoors come in. Transport is available to appointments free within 5 miles. There grounds are large with lots of greenery, flowers, trees, sitting areas and walking paths. Nice patio area as well for bbqs and parties They have 5 courtyards.The views of mountains and scenery is wonderful. They also have a pool. There is a beauty salon and barber shop. They are very enthused about activities. An exercise program is encouraged in the mornings. They bring in lots entertainment such as sing a longs and music. They have monthly birthday celebrations for the residents and theme parties. They go out on outings on the bus to shopping and picnics. They also go to restaurants, movies, and ballgames. During the Christmas celebration, they go out on the bus and have music and hot cocoa while viewing the decorations. This is a great facility and I would recommend it to anyone.

July 05, 2011

By leezee

When a parent is diagnosed with a disease that will eventually end their life, all you want is the best possible day every single day. My father was diagnosed with a pulmonary disease years and years after working with asbestos, long before anybody knew how harmful it was. My father, at the time, was living in Northern Arizona, just living his life as a writer and artist and shop owner. After his diagnosis, he tried to maintain his style of living but found it increasingly difficult. My sister and I both wanted him to come down south to the Phoenix area. We promised him that together we'd find, not a facility, but a home, where he could still be free to go about his days but if he did need help, help would be there. One of the places we looked at was Villa Ocotillo. Located in Scottsdale, it was a comparable drive between my home in Mesa and my sister's house in West Phoenix. Right as we walked in the door we noticed the dark red walls in the living area. Almost at the same time, my sister and I both said ""Ooooh, dad would love this."" What we found as we continued were spectacular rooms, a HUGE dining area, a theater (and even though my father isn't really into television or movies we both thought he'd appreciate the opportunity), on site doctor! On site. Not just nurses, whom I respect in the highest degree as both my mother and sister are registered nurses, but a doctor on site. That gave us a sense of security. Super friendly staff! Full of smiles and camaraderie, as if they knew you already. One aide even told my sister and I how handsome our father was and wasn't he too young to be looking at facilities. He was. Only 56 but terminally ill. I can't recall exactly why we didn't jump on this place. I think it was early in our learning process about what my father would eventually require as his disease progression was rapid. But, a beautiful place. Expertly decorated and expertly staffed!

June 16, 2011

By ElderAdvocate7

On a recent visit to Villa Ocotillo, I entered from the parking lot, which is actually at the back of the building. Walking through the community involved several long hallways with lots of opportunity to see the staff and residents as they went about their day. As I passed each staff member I was greeted with a friendly hello and an offer to help me find someone. On the surface, this may seem to be nothing more than courtesy, but it is also a valuable tool for the staff to ensure that I had a reason to be in the building. Although this community lacks a decorators touch, it does have a homey feel and a pleasant atmosphere. The common areas were clean and free from any offensive odors. Most important, each resident I encountered had a destination; everyone seemed to be busy and engaged. I would definitely give Villa Ocotillo the opportunity to tell me more about the services they provide to their residents and will be contacting them further for a tour.

Services and Amenities of Villa Ocotillo

• Dining Extra: Restaurant Style Dining

• Pool

Types of care

• Meal Preparation

About Villa Ocotillo

Villa Ocotillo offers quality care based on resident needs. Our assisted living services are among the finest available and include: independent, supervisory, or directed care, accessible staff twenty-four hours a day, seasonal menus with delicious meals and snacks, daily social and recreational activity programs, and weekly linen and housekeeping.

After choosing to be a part of our community, a resident makes the decision between a studio apartment, studio deluxe, one-bedroom, or one-bedroom deluxe - each for a specific low monthly fee. Included is a private bathroom, access to our swimming pool, dining, and access to our on-site beauty/barber shop. Though our facility is smoke-free, we do offer a designated smoking area outdoors.

Map of Villa Ocotillo