Avista Senior Living Prescott

Reviews of Avista Senior Living Prescott

Assisted Living Reviews for Avista Senior Living Prescott

February 23, 2016

By Scott35

It seemed very clean, upgraded, new, and had beautiful views from the rooms. I liked it and thought they’re just fine. The staff was very accommodating.

December 15, 2015

By Visitor11

They have virtually everything: laundry, dry cleaning stores, and shopping centers everywhere. It was very convenient. Their dining rooms were very nice. I’m going to end up there when the time comes. This is the only place I've seen that I want to go to.

August 15, 2015

My sister went here for a couple of weeks. It fitted her needs, and the price was right. It was very close to our home. Our home was actually down the block. I would go visit her and take her out so she could pick up some stuff and different things. It was in a good location for her. She had a small studio. The facility was safe for her. She had assistance when she needed it.

May 28, 2015

I like the scenery and the fact that it’s big, spacious, and very clean. There are a lot of windows where you could see the natural surroundings. From the outside location, it’s easy to find, but it’s really interesting that it was set up against a hill. The only thing I would say that there is very limited parking space. My sister was confined to a wheelchair. We had to park at a distance then get her to the door, but other than that, it was very picturesque. The room that we saw was very spacious. We met the personnel, the administrators, and some caregivers. We met a lady there, and she was very helpful; she was answering all the questions that we asked. The caregivers were very friendly and very helpful. They were offering the regular activities, board games, and bingo. They had guest speakers, music, yoga, and different chair exercises, and they take them out into the community like to the mall.

April 27, 2015

It was fine. It is independent living, so people will do their own cooking. They have a meal plan, and it’s very well taken care of. They have a good program, and they care about the people. They have a variety of very good rooms. They have activities and bus rides, and the food was very good. The staff was very good and caring.

August 29, 2014

We like it, but we are not ready to make a move. We are perfectly able right now to take care of ourselves, but we wanted to find out what's available for us. What I find most appealing about this facility is that they do the things that you are having trouble doing. The facility also seemed to be very adequate. They really had good food. We had a very nice tour. We felt we knew pretty much what was there and what the costs were.

May 30, 2014

By Lorrie3

It was airy, open, and definitely did not feel like an old person's hospital. My friend wanted to live there compared to the other places he visited, because the price was more reasonable for him, yet it still offered the care that he would need. He wanted a little bit of independent living. The staff worked very well, especially since it's assisted care. They were not over the top on the residents; they gave them their space, but they were there when the residents needed them. He was in a shared apartment with two bedrooms, one bathroom, living room, small kitchen, and a patio. The dining room was nice and spacious. I could say it was friendly for the older people because they served them, but they could also go through the breakfast line and salad bar area. It was very nice. There were various activities, like they took the residents to grocery stores, banks, casinos, or trail drives to see the community. There was also bingo, movie night, and other activities inside the care facility. Overall, I was impressed with the price, and I would recommend this place to other people.

May 30, 2014

It looked very comfortable. It had a lot of different choices for living arrangements. I appreciate that they took time to talk to me and showed me what's available. The staff was great. They answered my questions. They told me what they could and couldn't do, and I really appreciate it.

March 29, 2014

By Holly13

We picked it because there were several of the veterans at that location and they also had 10 or 12 people with the same vision impairment my father has. I was able to find a veteran to share a room with, and they also had a share program and we were able to pick two of the veterans together. The rooms were very nice and very accommodating. They have 2-bedrooms and 1-bedrooms. I chose the 2-bedroom because I thought with the blindness, it would be better for him actually to have someone else to assist him and they're very helpful as far as services, taking him to and from a meal. The staff is very, very pleasant. They treat everybody like family. Most everyone there really does care. They follow up on complaints and they seem to be very actively following through. He loves the food. He likes everything there. He's been on a low-sodium diet for a lot of years. I use salt, and I thought it was fine. Everything was very tasteful. They have a lot of activities, but he doesn't participate in them because of his blindness and deafness. They have a walking program where they will take them out walking. They have exercise classes. They have all the other events, but he can't really track most. They did a nice job with almost everything they had. I highly recommend them.

March 27, 2014

They showed us everything we wanted to know. The food was very nice and edible. It's welcoming, but my mother thought it felt more like an institution to her. It's her personal thing. I thought the rooms were very nice. We did try the food, but we were not too impressed with their vegetarian selections. My mother is vegetarian.

October 24, 2013

My parents are in here. It's a beautiful facility and I like it. It's really clean. It's basically a retirement home/assisted living. They have 24-hour nurse on-call. They have beautiful apartments. They provide my parents meals three times a day. My mom is not really thrilled about the food, although my dad doesn't seem to mind it. They also have transportation for them if they want to go down to one of the stores there. It's just a great place! My parents have only been there for a couple of months, but at this point, I'm happy with it. What I like best about this facility is the fact that my parents are safe there. They all have life alert buttons that if anything happens, somebody would be there within minutes. It's just the safety factor and knowing somebody is there for them 24 hours a day, I like that about the place.

September 26, 2013

By Ann29

It is beautiful. It's very nice and quiet. My mom hates the food, but she hates the food everywhere. She has a dining room and a little kitchen although she doesn't cook anymore. She complains they're always knocking on her door and making her do stuff.

Costs for Avista Senior Living Prescott

Photos of Avista Senior Living Prescott

Services and Amenities of Avista Senior Living Prescott

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $2500

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

• State Licenses: AL98484C

About Avista Senior Living Prescott

Tucked into the foothills of historic Prescott and built into the surrounding hillside, Avista Prescott is an inspiring community. You’ll feel the difference from the moment you walk in our doors. Our community offers a warm, welcoming setting with mile-high views of the surrounding mountains. As a locally-owned and operated community, we love to serve our seniors. We know Prescott and are dedicated to serving our residents and their families.

A little assistance goes a long way. Assisted living allows our residents to maintain their independence while also receiving the help they need with daily activities. Let us put your mind at ease by taking care of housekeeping, dining, medication management, and any other needs. Our experienced caregivers and nurses are available 24/7 to help residents. We want each of our residents and their families to feel at home here at Avista Prescott.

Sometimes you just need help with the daily tasks of life. From weekly housekeeping to our restaurant-style dining program, we are here to help make things a little easier. We get to know each resident and their family so we can provide just the right level of care.

Kindness is at the core of who we are. We strive to surround ourselves with people that are kind to others. We believe that in order for our resident experience to be excellent, our team member experience must be excellent first. We commit to fostering a culture that attracts, develops, and provides meaningful support to our team members so that our residents are well cared for, happy and engaged.

We want to help you live your best life at Avista Prescott. Our goal is to meet the social, emotional, and physical needs of every resident. Our experienced staff members are experts in providing just the right amount of care. We are here to support not just our residents, but every member of your family. This family-centered approach is just one of the things that set us apart.

Map of Avista Senior Living Prescott