The Palazzo

Reviews of The Palazzo

Assisted Living Reviews for The Palazzo

May 30, 2014

By Maryann7

We placed him here. So far the experience has been very positive in all ways. The rooms are clean, and their dining area is very lovely. The staff are very patient and friendly. Most of all, I think they make the residents feel comfortable. I can see that the patients are mostly happy, They do have activities and places for them to go out of their rooms.

March 31, 2014

We liked the rooms; otherwise, we wouldn't have put my in-laws here. They're together in a joint room. They're in a memory care unit. We like the staff very much; we like the place. They have movies. We found that it was clean. The people seem very compassionate. They're very well-taken care of, so we're happy with it.

February 13, 2014

By Dwayne2

We chose it for my mom and she’s moving in this Saturday. The place looked very nice including the cafeteria. The food looked appetizing and smelled great although I wasn’t able to eat there. The staff was very knowledgeable, helpful in getting the right answer and getting back with you. We talked for a couple of times on the phone. The residents were getting along well and interacted with each other.

December 29, 2013

By Harriet2

They did have a very good offer at that time when I visited. They were reducing their rates and they had more floor plans to choose from. Some of their units were large and more equipped. It is a much bigger community. They are only serving two meals a day. They are serving breakfast in their café which seemed more continental style.

November 30, 2013

By Carol75361250

It is centrally located in the city. It's close to the city main supermarket and banks. It was very nice, neat and clean, friendly staff and lively environment. The rooms were reasonable size, clean and wheelchair-accessible. To my knowledge, the food is nutritious and appropriate although any hospital or facility food is. It's mandated by Medicare, you have to have activities. The activities were interactive and were appropriate for the level of dementia.

October 23, 2013

By Karen72140450

It is a nice place. They have a movie theater, a post office and an ice cream parlor. They have a little cafe and a regular sit down restaurant. They also have a swimming pool if people want to swim. They have outside activities and a little bus will take them to places. They go above and beyond in everything. A staff is right there ready to help you and they will set someone that already lives there to be your companion and show you around. I think they do a really good job.

October 03, 2013

By granny7

It is a really nice and large facility. I was pleased with it. The dining room was really nice and they allowed pets. The staff that toured us was really very friendly.

September 24, 2013

I like it. I like the layout, the price, the amenities and the people. I especially like the staff. They give you a lot of freedom. I like all the activities and I've even started to make activities on my own. Speaking of activities, they have everything here. They have games, movies, crafts, excursions, and outings. They even have a library for their residents. They also serve very good food here. I absolutely recommend this place to others.

September 23, 2013

By Rita13

We visited. I just didn't like the feel of the facility because when you walk in, it seems institutional to me. They were able to give us some information about their activities, but once we saw the facility we decided we really didn't care for it so we did not pursue any further. We only talked to one staff member and she was very nice.

August 12, 2013

By Dennis10

Our visit was excellent. They had everything there. The decour and different amenities attracted me the most. There were different activities going on. The place was immaculate.

June 25, 2013

By Bugs1

We had several friends whose parents were here and so we visited and we felt very, very good about the place. It's also very close to where we live. The staff were very, very kind, and informative. We saw many of the elderly interacting in a really positive upbeat way, so it was very easy for us to make a decision to choose the place. We saw several people in the swimming pool and there were some other people working on craft activities. There were several people in their gym. Everybody was actively involved.

June 12, 2013

By Sylvia7

It is an extremely clean facility. The staff there are very caring and attentive. They would contact me whenever anything happens to my uncle. Before he moved in there, he was hungry all the time. He can't swallow and his foods need to be pureed. So that's one extra step to feeding him but they do it anyway just to make sure he enjoys his foods. They have also taken him to movies off campus. He's more happy now. He is talking and he's really involved with what's going on around him. It has changed his whole personality more or less. I'm very pleased with this facility.

August 16, 2012

By RickP1

Everything is going just fine there and I'm very happy with it. It's all the facility my mother needs and she seems pretty happy living there. Their staff has been very well and they have been able to answer all our questions. They are caring people. I'm very happy with it and my sister is very pleased with it also. I haven't had any big problems yet. It's a very nice facility, very well maintained and there are lots of activities for everyone.

Independent Living Reviews for The Palazzo

June 19, 2014

By Susan85890350

It is an old facility, and in my opinion, it's dirty and it smells. I was able to go to an apartment that they had newly remodeled, and it was beautiful, but the facility downstairs and the dining room, I just felt they were dirty. I didn’t like them at all. The staff were all right.

April 29, 2014

By Shari6

It was a large place, and there were lots of people there. They had a lot going on for the people who live there. They had a deli and an ice cream shop. They had tables and chairs to play cards at, they had couches on the side and other chairs, and there were groups of people who can gather there and visit. It was really nice. The facility itself is very close to a mall. They have outings all the time. You can sign up to go to the mall or to go to the church. They would take people to the theatre, so there were different things for them. They had a big hallway to go to the rooms, and it was really wide. You can get from your room to anywhere that you need to go without going outside. You can go from building to building. I looked at the menu they had, and it was a really good menu. You get one meal a day, either lunch or dinner. They had a little deli there where they have different salads, sandwiches, and drinks. Of course, you have to pay for that yourself. It is not free.

February 27, 2014

It was very good. It was affordable. They were very good and very helpful. The rooms I saw was going to be renovated. They do have a pool and a great cafeteria. I like the little walkway they have there. It was like a little village. It's very nice. The reason why I did not go there is because it's a little bit too far south, and it was away from where I wanted to be.

Nursing Home Reviews for The Palazzo

Questions about The Palazzo

What programs or activities does The Palazzo offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer many activities including Zumba, Chair Yoga, Tai Chi, stretching a Strong Body, Water Aerobics plus activities to stimulate the mind like Trivia Contests, Live Music Entertainment, Happy Hours, Outings and more.

What places are near The Palazzo or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Located in Central Phoenix we are close to shopping, hospitals, banks, public transportation

What transportation services does The Palazzo offer to assisted living residents?

We provide transportation to doctors/dentists, grocery stores, malls, banks, pharmacies

What makes the chef or dining program at The Palazzo exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We offer an extensive variety of food. Every day the menu features daily specials with one always designated as the lowest sodium option. In addition to the specials, our menu always offers additional items including grilled chicken, salads, sandwiches made-to-order, hamburgers, fish, vegetables...

What safety features or security measures does The Palazzo offer to assisted living residents?

Every AL resident has a Life Alert pendant and there are emergency pull cords in the bathrooms. Caregivers are in AL 24 hours a day catering to our residents' requests.

How does The Palazzo keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We are a very open style campus. Family is always welcome to call us with any questions. We do also reach out whenever there are any milestones to share. In addition, we showcase our monthly activities calendars on our website along with photos form our resident activities so a family member may spot a loved one in these photos.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at The Palazzo has organized?

Museums, restaurants, movie theaters, casinos

If The Palazzo accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Every ground floor apartment has a walk out patio plus we have numerous courtyards for our residents and their pets to enjoy. We are on a 15 acre campus with plenty of outdoor space to walk and enjoy the beautiful Arizona weather.

Does The Palazzo work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We have an on-site home care agency to assist IL residents with their daily needs when requested.

Costs for The Palazzo

Cost of Nursing Home

Photos of The Palazzo

Services and Amenities of The Palazzo

• Nursing Home Starting At: $190/month

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

• State Licenses: AL10014C, AL10013C

About The Palazzo

The Palazzo is a Full-Continuing Care Community offering Independent Living, Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing, and Memory Care. Our programs are created to accommodate a resident’s specific needs. Independent Living offers social activities, nutritious meals, housekeeping services and care as needed. Assisted Living is for those requiring 24/7 care and a personalized care plan. Skilled Nursing is available for residents who are transitioning from a hospital stay and are in need of rehabilitation or more long-term care. Memory Care specializes in loving and compassionate assistance for your loved one who suffers from Alzheimer’s/Dementia.

Providing Care & Well-being

The Palazzo offers top-level care and living accommodations. Our residents receive attention and assistance with a variety of needs, such as taking medications, bathing, and dressing, travel to medical appointments or religious services, as well as 24-hour emergency coverage. Live well and enjoy life at The Palazzo. We are a newly renovated Senior Living Community located in Phoenix, Arizona, just west of the Phoenix Mountains Preserve.

We invite you to come see our lovely property and the beautifully renovated accommodations. Learn more about all of the amenities, services and activity programs that we offer.

Our Community is designed with Your needs in mind

• Main Street is the community focal point where many activities, celebrations and socializing occurs
  • Disability Access throughout the campus
  • Plenty of Resident and Guest Parking available. Covered parking available (additional fee)
  • Individually Controlled Heat and Air Conditioning in every apartment
  • Library with extensive book selection and Computers available for resident use
  • Swimming Pool with covered area for sun protection during water aerobics and other activities
  • Independent Living Apartments recently renovated and offer full kitchens, spacious living rooms and bedrooms
  • Walk-In Closets
  • Storage facilities available at no additional charge
  • Private Dining Room available for use to celebrate events and have more intimate gatherings
  • Vertical Blinds

Services for Your Comfort

• Access to Public Transportation
  • Beauty Salon
  • Easy Access to Highways
  • Easy Access to Shopping
  • Housekeeping and Linen Services
  • Medication Management (extra cost)
  • On-site Maintenance 24/7

• Cinema
  • Café
  • On-site Post Office
  • Lounge with Screening Room

Our staff is a caring and dedicated team intent on providing the best 24-hour care in the Phoenix area today.

Map of The Palazzo