A Sunny Pine Assisted Living

Reviews of A Sunny Pine Assisted Living

Assisted Living Reviews for A Sunny Pine Assisted Living

August 25, 2020

By Joanna

I just recently moved into A Sunny Pine Assisted Living and that was due to my own situation, but I have been off and on there for four years. I couldn't ask for a better bunch of people than Dave and Julie Ann. They are awesome. Well, they're very caring and giving. They go above and beyond. They'll do whatever they can to please you. They're very, very wonderful people. They went above and beyond for me. The only issue we had was with the former owner because he is a jackass. The first time I met them before they ever got the lease, I was hooked. They completely were very honest and open people. They basically let me have free range and do what I wanted, but when I needed the extra, they were there for me. I have a service dog and he was there, although he lived in the house prior to them coming. He thought that they were invading his property, but towards the end there, he was finally getting OK with them. They give all they got to you. They let you do what you want to do within that reason. Everybody that says something to me that 'Oh my mom needs to go somewhere.' Look, these people go above and beyond. I do most of my own food, and I like eating out. I'll even cook for them. They're like family to me. I like to cook, so they let me do my thing a lot of times.

Questions about A Sunny Pine Assisted Living

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at A Sunny Pine Assisted Living. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We are a newly available home. We have our patriarch, senior gentleman of the home, looking forward to making some new friends! Currently we spoil him, and we can spoil you too! We are licensed for 10 residents, so you first few not only qualify for Grand Opening Specials, you get your choice of room, and enjoy being part of building the community you want. Add the activities to the plan that you like to do. We will do everything we can to accommodate requests. Please ask.

What programs or activities does A Sunny Pine Assisted Living offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We have activity time in the morning and afternoon. Often an easy set of stretching exercises of different types to get the blood going to the brain in the morning. This is followed by a Question of the Day. (Almost) Anything goes, whatever it takes to get residents thinking. We have a large garden setting backyard with many types of flowers, butterflies, hummingbirds and room to grow, if someone is inclined to plant! A gazebo with wind-chimes set a peaceful mood. We also have 10 skylights throughout the common areas of the home to bring in the great natural light. As the weather cools and hopefully the restrictions change, we hope to implement family day on Sundays when all resident's families can get to know the other residents and their families. We look forward again to being visited by young people showing off their entertainment skills. Our furry friends are especially missed right now.

What transportation services does A Sunny Pine Assisted Living offer to assisted living residents?

One of the great things about being part of a team, is we can do things in much simpler ways. There are very few reasons why a resident would require transportation services. Doctors, nurses, physical and occupational therapists, dentists, hair dressers, all come right to us. Of course, if outside transportation is required or desired, Sunny Pine staff will assist residents as needed.

What safety features or security measures does A Sunny Pine Assisted Living offer to assisted living residents?

Each resident is provided a call button they can wear or take with them so if they need something, we are just a song away. There are additional bells in each of the bathrooms, and handrails in the hallways and bathrooms. The common areas inside and outside of the Sunny Pine home are monitored by motion activated, day and night vision cameras. These cameras record and hold for over 30 days. Our Sunny Pine home is fully equipped with fire sprinklers and alarms in every room along with emergency lighting throughout for easy egress if necessary. This is a monitored system which automatically sends fire department assistance.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at A Sunny Pine Assisted Living during daytime and nighttime hours?

Daytime from 7a to 7p our maximum ratio is One Caregiver to Five Residents. 1-5 Nighttime we will always have at least one AWAKE certified caregiver in the home, with assistance during peak hours. Often, another caregiver sleeping on site in case assistance is required.

If A Sunny Pine Assisted Living accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Our home was designed for a small pet or two. We have a small dog door which opens into a fully fenced yard. This yard can be divided into multiple separate spaces if necessary. We will consider small furry friends on a case by case basis..

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

We have amazing partners who are always available to train our staff of something new or something we just haven't done in a while.

What safety features or security measures does A Sunny Pine Assisted Living provide to protect residents who wander?

As well as the other safety features outlined in a prior answer, we have alarms on each of the exterior doors which can be set to alarm upon opening. The backyard is secured with locking gates on each exit gate, as well as any gates accessing the pool area. Additionally, all medication, cleaning products, and knives are kept in locking cabinets.

Costs for A Sunny Pine Assisted Living

Photos of A Sunny Pine Assisted Living

Services and Amenities of A Sunny Pine Assisted Living

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

• Licenses: 11382

About A Sunny Pine Assisted Living

azhohf.org

We realize moving can be unsettling at any age, especially when changing the type of living situation. We strive to make each resident’s transition into our home, as smooth and stress-free as possible. We offer residents a private room where they can integrate personal belongings, keepsakes, and furnish­ings, if desired, into a space that becomes uniquely their own. Each room has a different feel to it, and residents will have their choice of rooms until we reach capacity.

Let us show you how simple, yet full senior life can be. Our staff will take care of all the cooking, cleaning and laundry while you enjoy our many activities. Residents have the opportunity to participate in a variety of group activities including yoga, music, exercise, and pet therapy. We have a large yard, pool, BBQ with shaded seating areas for our residents and their guest’s outdoor enjoyment.

We have 8 private resident rooms, and 1 semi-private room with its own bathroom and attached gated patio. We are proud of the new renovations throughout our home, including skylights in all of the bathrooms and common areas to bring in the natural light essential to health and well being.

We provide flat screen TVs and basic cable in each resident’s room, as well as larger TVs and expanded viewing options in the common areas. We feature delicious and nutritious home-cooked meals and snacks throughout the day. Meals are served family-style. Family and friends may join us anytime, with advance notice, and are encouraged to join us on Sundays for expanded family time.

• Hallway & Bathroom Handrails
  • Heated Floor in Main Shower Bathroom
  • Over-sized Walk-in Shower
  • Awake Night Staff
  • Low Caregiver to Resident Ratio

Our mission is to provide the best care possible in a safe, caring, warm, and friendly environment. Upscale Assisted Living with all the comforts of home in a setting that we’d be proud to have our own loved ones living in. Come and experience our community and see for yourself. Your loved ones certainly deserve it.

Map of A Sunny Pine Assisted Living