The Montecito

Reviews of The Montecito

Assisted Living Reviews for The Montecito

August 15, 2016

By Tom030685

My brother and I visited and were given a complimentary dinner that was OK. The lady who took us around was very nice and very pleasant. It was not as high end, but it was clean, and the common areas were clean, airy, and light.

May 12, 2016

By TerryANFCS

It was very nice. They have what they called “Casitas” where the independent care was in the front and also in the back of the main building. We did not like the layout because it seemed kind of dark. Other than that, it very nice and roomy. The person who took us around was very friendly and invited us back for luau night, which we attended. There was quite a large group watching the luau and having dinner, so we stayed for dinner. They all seemed very happy. They had an extensive exercise room. We talked our parents into going, so my dad was excited to play cards a few times a week because he likes to play cards. They had a jigsaw puzzle room and gave us the monthly calendar of everything that they did during the month. There was a lot of exercise every day. The food was really good. I wasn’t sure what to expect, but we had Hawaiian-style food, so it was very good.

May 10, 2016

By LouFRVPB

I visited here. I have a very good friend there. It's a very nice place, but it's right in the middle of a shopping area with used and new cars, so it's a congested area. The care goes from independent care to assisted to complete care. It's a very nice facility but not where I would like to go. It has been a very nice situation for my friend, but it's right in the middle of traffic. As far as the care is concerned, it's excellent. The food is very good.

May 10, 2016

By A Fellow ReviewerWZRRR

We toured here. I liked this community the best, but my mom liked the another one better. The staff seemed very knowledgeable, very friendly, and helpful. I think one of the reasons why my mom wasn’t the happiest there was because my parents need a two-bedroom unit and the kitchenettes in this community were very limited and very small with just a small refrigerator and a microwave. The food was outstanding, though. It was very good.

September 16, 2015

We are very happy with everything here. The staff is great. The living quarters are nice. The facilities are great as well. We got nice wide doors, and that is very important because my husband and I are both in power chairs. We can be in the room at the same time. We couldn’t ask for anything better with our condition.

May 22, 2015

I like the staff here because they seemed very nice and highly motivated. The rooms were very nice, very big, and spacious. I didn't see them doing anything, but I know they have a whole list of activities. I remember going over the list with them. The way they did their dining area was really neat. It looked very nice, well appointed, very neat, and very clean. I didn't eat the food, but they have a lot of variety. The place was very big, and it seems like they have a lot of staff there. It was very clean too. I would recommend it. We didn't go there because of the distance thing. It was a little too far from the house, but I would recommend it.

March 30, 2015

It seemed too small. I know they have Bocce card, and they have a pool. I would say multiple care options, and it has been updated. I wouldn't say it was really old but, on the other hand, it was not brand new. I wasn't too impressed. They were nice enough people, but there didn't seem to be enough variety in the activities to suit us. We wanted a larger separate unit, and they don't have them. For someone else who wanted a smaller space and live in that, then it might be just fine.

December 28, 2014

It was wonderful; it was first class. They have all kinds of things, activities, and a restaurant like place for food. It was very nice, and it appeared new. The staff members were very helpful. My uncle enjoyed the food, so I am sure it is good. They take very good care of the people there.

September 26, 2013

By Vickie3

My father moved here two weeks ago. We chose this place because he liked the idea of not the apartment-type facility. He has two bedrooms, a washer and a dryer. They also provide two meals a day. So far seems okay. He has some issues with the hot water heater but they already took care of it. They had already repainted and re-did everything before he moved in. He has been really pleased with the dining service and they serve hot meals. That was a big important issue for him also.

June 12, 2013

By LindaHoo

My older friend went here following a hip replacement for assistance until she was well enough to return to her home. When the time came for her to return home, she realized that she didn't want to. She admitted that she was lonely at home and had made several friends in just a few weeks at The Montecito. She is now in a two bedroom casita and loves it. She says she feels better than she has in years, she loves not having to shop and cook, and she frequently can't do things with me because there is an activity going on that she doesn't want to miss. I've had several meals with her there and have enjoyed the food very much. I want to live there!

May 11, 2013

By Rodney1

The staff members here are good people. They do their job and provide the services that my mother as far as making sure she gets her medication and getting her to a meal if she needs help. The entertainment people there are very good. The staff just takes it all the way around. My mother has been at this facility for the last 7 years. She has a 1-bedroom apartment. The food is excellent. The place is nice and clean. It's like living in a hotel. I hope they improve on creating more parking areas for the visitors.

October 06, 2011

By Linda Giles

Other

I was recently assigned to some of the residents in this facility, and though I had never yet visited it, I have heard my share of stories, both good and bad, about this facility. I was hoping to be able to go into the facility for the first time without all of the remarks I have been told about the facility clouding my judgment, but I think in the end those comments helped me in forming my own opinions about it. A staff member walked up to me right away, which was great, I was happy that I didn't have the opportunity to wander the halls for hours before someone noticed me. That has actually happened to me several times which is a huge safety issue, so it's always one of the first things that I look for. Well this particular staff member noticed me and immediately welcomed me to the building and asked how she could be of assistance. She was very friendly and while she was walking me around showing me the layout of the facility, I noticed her with the residents. She knew every resident's name that we passed by and she would stop every once in a while to tie a resident's shoe or to give a resident a friendly hug or high-five. She was wonderful with the residents and it was very refreshing to see a staff member so in tune with the residents needs. There seemed to be some close friendships among the residents and for the most part they all seemed to get along well together. There were a few times I saw the residents get snippy with each other, but nothing that caused me any alarm. Everyone seemed social and active. I was told by a couple of residents that they've formed a little welcome committee and now when a new resident moves in to the facility they invite the resident to lunch or dinner and they take the time to show them the ropes. I think that this is a great thing. So many people who moved in to assisted living, either for the first time or transferring facilities, there are often feelings of apprehension, nervousness, and even a little depression or loneliness so it's great that there are people at The Montecito, fellow residents, that act as a welcome wagon and show them around and help them to feel comfortable and welcome. The staff are also really good at helping new residents become comfortable and adjust. I noticed that the activity calendar was versatile and provided some fun and unique activities for the residents and their families to enjoy. I also rations, live entertainment, keynote speakers, exciting field trips, and so on. I could tell that if one wanted, they could have the opportunity to stay busy every hour of every day. I noticed that when one of the scheduled activities were about to begin, the staff were very diligent in reminding the residents that it was about to start and they were also very encouraging in trying to get the residents to participate. Dining at The Montecito is a wonderful experience. The staff try to make eating a fun and exciting time for the residents, especially those with smaller appetites. They often have live entertainment or something going on in the dining room during mealtimes which helps encourage more residents to come eat in the dining room in stead of alone in their rooms. There is this themed buffet on Thursdays and the residents tell me that they love it, there is always a different theme and the dining room is always decorated according to the theme. I have now eaten at the facility a couple of times and the food is always great. The Montecito has become a place that I enjoy visiting, the residents appear well cared for and happy. I have never received any complaints about serious issues regarding care, safety, or resident rights issues. As a whole, I would refer people to this facility. I would recommend that families check out The Montecito and ask lots of questions. Make sure that it is the best option for you and your loved ones.

Independent Living Reviews for The Montecito

August 30, 2018

By Barbara

It's ambiance was great and the place was very clean. The staff was quite helpful, they showed us several different casitas, and I've been in touch with them since our tour. My only complaint on the design of the building was that I wished there were more windows. The dining area was very clean and the service was great. The Reuben sandwich I had there was great, but my husband had fish and chips and he wasn't all that thrilled with it.

July 02, 2018

By Susanne

We toured here, and it was beautiful. The independent living apartments were very nice, they were big, and looked great. We were just really concerned that the independent living building is separate from the main building. The person who accommodated us answered all our questions. The dining area was a bit different from what we expected. It's just not the right fit for us.

June 30, 2018

By Dave

We really liked the apartments here. They had large rooms that were very clean. The person who took us around was very good. The apartments that were shown to us were close to the main building where the activities are and we liked that. We liked the lounge rooms and we liked the fact that we could walk outside. They serve two meals a day and the staff member we met was topnotch.

July 17, 2017

By Phyllis

It was very nice and was one of the better ones. The parking and getting out of parking is quite congested. The staff is very nice, accommodating, and pleasant. The facility wasn't overly large, the rooms were very nice, and I liked them.

October 25, 2015

By Andrew24

My parents moved in here two months ago. The staff was very positive, very friendly, and accommodating. Everything, including the food, is very good.

Memory Care Reviews for The Montecito

Questions about The Montecito

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Speakers are brought in for training, on-line care and compliance, dementia care training and BBET training.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Montecito. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

socializing, cards, games, painting class, exercise, aqua fit, walking

What programs or activities does The Montecito offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Educational presentations, speakers, programs specific to apartment residents and casita/villa residents. Programs are developed per resident requests.

What places are near The Montecito or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Arrowhead Mall, Peoria 83, Apache Park, professional ball fields.

What transportation services does The Montecito offer to assisted living residents?

Our shuttle runs seven days a week on a set schedule.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Montecito exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

In addition to daily specials, we provide at least a dozen options for every meal.

What safety features or security measures does The Montecito offer to assisted living residents?

Emergency pendant, pull cords, night security.

How does The Montecito keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Phone calls, emails, videos.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at The Montecito during daytime and nighttime hours?

We base our staffing on the needs of the residents.

If The Montecito accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are pet friendly allowing for two pets. We are on 14 acres with walking paths and 6 potty stations throughout. Fenced dog park coming soon.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

On going care and compliance classes; dementia training; BBET training.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at The Montecito. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

They enjoy socializing, exercise classes, cards, bocce ball, shuffleboard, educational presentations and field trips.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Arrowhead mall, Arizona Broadway Theater, Dining at Peoria 83, Sporting complexes. etc.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at The Montecito has organized?

Theater, Museums, Diamondback games, Casinos, Lunch, Happy hour, Dinner out.

What transportation services does The Montecito offer to independent living residents?

Our shuttle runs seven days a week on a set schedule.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Montecito exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Sixteen choices including salmon and filet; separate bistro area open for dinner to all IL residents.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Living room, exercise room, activity room, card room, library, chapel, movie theater, hair salon, private dining room, courtyards, two swimming pools with covered patios, rec center, covered gazebos throughout 14 acre campus. .

What safety features or security measures does The Montecito offer to independent living residents?

Pull cords, emergency pendents, night security, daily check-in.

We are pet friendly, located on 14 acres with walking paths and 6 potty stations throughout. Fenced dog park coming soon.

Does The Montecito work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Residents are free to work with any agency they choose for nursing and medical assistance. We are proud to invite Golden Heart Senior Care onto our campus. They provide monthly calendar of events to our IL residents, including availability to take weekly vitals, happy hours, social clubs, water exercise classes and more.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Our staffing is based on the needs of the residents.

What safety features or security measures does The Montecito provide to protect residents who wander?

We also offer a secured memory care community on site.

What programs or activities does The Montecito offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Arts and crafts, games, science projects, language arts, daily exercise, music, gardening projects.

Staff nurse; ongoing as needed.

What techniques does The Montecito use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We dine family style. We can assist in cuing and meal choices. Family members are welcome to join in meals at any time.

How does The Montecito keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Email, phone, in person discussions.

Describe the neighborhood around The Montecito. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Combination of residential and commercial.

Is The Montecito affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

none specifically.

Costs for The Montecito

Photos of The Montecito

Services and Amenities of The Montecito

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Housing Extra: Private Or Semi Private Setting

• Dining Extra: Restaurant Style Dining Five Star Quality Meals With Full Menu Options, Private Dining Room Continued Family Traditions, All Meals Served Family Style

• Pool

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: AL9308C

About The Montecito

At The Montecito, seniors can enjoy a rewarding lifestyle that promotes independence. We have created choices for our residences with many distinctive floor plans ranging from maximum independence to assisted living.

All of our apartments offer full kitchens, washers and dryers and patios or balconies with storage. Our newest addition is the expansion of our Assisted Living capacity to include 92 apartments in our main building.

The Montecito is a community unto itself. We strive to offer you all of the freedom and independence you wish while assuring you receive all of the attention and peace of mind you desire.

The Montecito has just the right setting to enjoy retirement — the way you like. Located in the heart of Peoria, our beautifully landscaped campus offers a private courtyard with resort style amenities, swimming pool with heated spa, covered parking, walking paths and shopping excursions to be enjoyed by residents and their families. Live life well with all that The Montecito Senior Living has to offer.

The Montecito Assisted Living Communities provide special places for seniors who want to live in a comfortable atmosphere that engages each resident as an individual with their own specific likes and needs. We are dedicated to helping you and your loved one enhance the quality of your relationship by guiding them through every step of this meaningful time in their life.

At The Montecito our team of caring professionals takes pride in delivering a comprehensive menu of services for seniors requiring assistance with activities of daily living. These may include medication management and monitoring, or be as simple as bathing and grooming.

Each resident is treated as an individual at The Montecito, and their unique needs are our top priority as we develop a better understanding of their areas of interest, socially and individually. Our extended family of caregivers brings this same approach to the development and delivery of resident-specific care plans that focus on each aspect of the resident’s lifestyle.

SERVICES & AMENITIES

The services and amenities delivered at each Montecito Assisted Living Community represent the cornerstone of our success in delivering assisted living care with a personal touch to the senior population in need of a little extra help. Our mission is to ensure your loved one is our priority in everything we do.Let us meet your needs and exceed your expectations. Call us today to learn more about our community or schedule a tour with one of our care professionals.

The Montecito provides services and amenities dedicated to providing the best possible lifestyle for each of our residents. Our comprehensive assisted living services are for those who choose or require assistance with their daily needs, but wish to remain as independent as possible. Spend time enjoying your interests, social calendar and community amenities, knowing we will provide you with an expert level of care and attention.

• Spacious apartments – plenty of space to furnish as you desire
  • Private bathrooms with accessible showers
  • Full size kitchens – your choice…..cooking or dining with us
  • Utilities – no more surprising bills
  • Weekly housekeeping – hassle free lifestyle
  • 24/7 staffing with personal pendant communication system and security cameras – peace of mind knowing someone is close by
  • Extended cable TV with premium channels – you watch, we pay
  • Landscaped gardens and over 2 miles of beautiful walking paths – fresh air when you want it
  • Heated pool and Spa – relax or exercise in comfort
  • Senior friendly fitness center with state of the art equipment – promote a healthy lifestyle
  • Intriguing educational programs – continued life long learning
  • Library, Game & Activity Rooms – the whole community is your residence
  • Pet Friendly – because your best friend may have fur
  • 24 Hour Concierge – we never sleep
  • Medical Facility on Site – we make house calls

Thank you for your interest at The Montecito. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of The Montecito