Freedom Plaza Peoria

Reviews of Freedom Plaza Peoria

Nursing Home Reviews for Freedom Plaza Peoria

November 22, 2016

By Patricia461754

We choose Freedom Plaza for my mother. It feels comfortable. It is very bright and airy. I just really like it right away. The staff is good. She is in a shared room, but with one room on one side and the other room on the other side. I like that arrangement. It is sufficient for her. The ground is nice, and it?s very great outside. It has good pathways to take her out and sit there. I love it.

December 10, 2015

By Happy Visitor1

My mother has not moved into Freedom Plaza yet. Everybody is very nice. The place is beautiful and has everything that my mom would want. The apartments are just like regular apartments. We ate a good lunch there; they have a very large salad bar with everything you could ever want in a salad bar, so that was really nice.

October 28, 2015

By A Loving Wife1

My husband was at Freedom Plaza Care Center for rehab. He was there for about 10 days. It worked out very well. We were pleased with what went on. My husband seemed to like the food OK, so that was good. We enjoyed being there. There were lots of activities, but my husband wasn't able to participate in them. There were two people in a room. The room was very good. I like all the nurses, and the people there were helpful. They seemed to know their job and care for the patients.

October 24, 2015

We’ve been to Freedom Plaza two or three times. My wife and I stayed there for rehab. It’s good, but it’s more apartment-type living. I think it’s four or five stories tall, which turned us off. We kept getting too many telephone calls after -- like to come over and have lunch, breakfast, dinner -- and they kind of wore us down. If you want to go for a walk, almost everything is cement and concrete, so I didn’t care for that. The food was good, the help was good, but it just looked like we were in an apartment all the time.

May 28, 2015

By Dwight6

Freedom Plaza is a really nice place. Their facilities and rooms are really nice. They have assisted living and apartments if you don't need any help. There is also an area if you do need help. So, it is all there. They have a lot of activities to keep everybody busy. So, they are not just sitting around doing nothings. The staff is really good. Actually, my mom has been living there for 12 years. At that time, it was kind of a rush. My dad passed away, and we needed to get her in a place right away because she is going downhill fast. This was back in 2002. We know that it is a really nice place. It is on the high end of places for you to live. It is in the top gear. The food is really good. The staff is always friendly and helpful. There is never a dull moment at Freedom Plaza.

November 20, 2014

Freedom Plaza had the best services for the best price. They did an excellent job; it’s a combination of affordability and quality of services. The room was very nice.

November 12, 2014

Freedom Plaza was beautiful. The people were nice, but all they had was a studio apartment that you had to share with somebody, and I wasn’t about to share with somebody I didn’t know or pay that amount of money. They had assisted living on one side of the street and the other side was independent-living. They had lots of activities there. It was beautiful. It’s very big, and it’s very well kept.

October 16, 2014

We put my dad at Freedom Plaza. The staff used to be fabulous and then started dropping, so we got him out of there. Everybody was fine but my dad was telling us stories that they were working on concrete in the middle of the night for a couple of hours. The rooms were adequate and the dining room is very nice. You get what you paid for.

We deeply regret that we were unable to meet all of your expectations. We want to thank you for your feedback and please know it will be reviewed and used to better serve our residents and their families in the future. If you haven’t done so already, please call our Resident and Family Connection Line at 877-400-5296, and we would be happy to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

September 29, 2014

By Curt4

I was impressed with Freedom Plaza and the staff was wonderful. It was clean and there’s no foul odor. I like the activity, the medical attention, and that it’s all under one roof. My parents moved around six weeks ago. This facility was also recommended by my friends.

September 12, 2014

Freedom Plaza is probably one of the best ones around because where we were the last time was horrible. So this is a step up. What I like best about it is the cleanliness of it. When you walk in, you don't smell urine like you do at so many others. Also the competence of the staff there is higher. That's all the staff, including the therapy staff and the nursing staff. They are a lot more knowledgeable. The rooms are fantastic. My wife was first in a private room because she had MRSA and they were worried about it, so they had her in the private room for isolation purposes. Later on, she went to a semi-private room, but they only had her in the semi-private room, and that was nice too, that she was by herself. Regarding food, if you're a diabetic, that's not the place to be because they're really not set up for diabetics. That would be the only downfall; however, I would definitely recommend them.

February 28, 2014

By DJ3

Mom was at the skilled section of Freedom Plaza for about three months. The facility is very clean and it had no smell. The staff has a wonderful attitude and they seem to be actually enjoying what they are doing. Everybody had a smile on their face. Her room had plenty of light. It was very small, but good use of space. The only activity I know is bingo, some board games like scrabble, and they also have get together. She said that the food was wonderful and they had the option of eating in their room and so really enjoyed that option, but basically the facility is very expensive.

December 07, 2013

By Daughter who cares

My mother was here for rehabilitation after her open heart surgery. We met with the case manager to review their plans for our mother's care and share our concerns about our mother's recovery. Nothing we shared was addressed. My mother never walked more than 150 feet a day while she was there. She left the hospital with guidelines to walk a minimum of 4 times per day with increasing distances. This did not happen on even one occasion occasion. Instead of improving she regressed. She walked more in the ICU at the hospital than she did at Freedom Care. One day they forgot her lunch and charted that she was at Physical Therapy though she says she was never taken that day. This s witnessed by her friend. They would not let her walk without assistance during her entire stay because she was labeled a liability, though this the reason she was sent to the facility. They repeatedly pulled her up from her recliner by her arms, while this is contraindicated for a recovering open heart patient. We talked with case management about this concern but it continued. I would discourage anyone from sending their loved one to Freedom Plaza for rehabilitation. They may provide good long term care but they do not provide rehabilitation services at what would be considered minimum standards.

September 27, 2013

By Vickie3

I would give this a 5-star rating in all aspect except it was a buy-in and then again my dad did not want to get involved with that. The rooms, the food, the staff, and everything else were excellent. I would recommend this facility.

November 19, 2012

By belypino

My first thought as i walked in the facility was the residents will never be bored here. The staff is professional, well trained and educated. The facility is very nice!! They have gone above and beyond to make this a living environment confortable and enjoyful. from the painting to the deco in the place is beautiful. There are several dining halls all bistro style, a couple nice fire places to enjoy! The menu is well planned and has healthy choices for everyone to enjoy. The staff goes above and beyond to make them feel at home!! The residents here are living a 5 star resort . There is an active daily calendar of event and activities and the residents seem to be busy at all times. They have shuttle for transportation if need be. it is one of the best I have seen. The staff is attentive and accommodating to the residents. I highly recommend this facility!!

May 19, 2011

By Cowboy4

Visited this facility

Plaza West does not answer their call for help because there are too many people texting, talking, and gossiping in the hallways to assist the elderly. When asked to help, their answer is, 'they are going to die soon and they won't remember.' Clairbridge is unprofessional in how they handle their alzheimer's patient, screaming, and subtly holding too tight on their arms. Freedom Plaza does not care about anything but their monies and they will make sure of that when the elderly is incoherent enough to not say much. It's a business, not a home.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Freedom Plaza Peoria

October 09, 2017

By Tootie

Freedom Plaza Peoria is a first-class community. Everything you need is here and when you move, it's all-inclusive. The staff is excellent, and the service couldn't be better. They have different kinds of dancing and entertainment all the time. The food is delicious. It's worth every nickel.

December 15, 2016

By Happy Visitor405336

I am preparing to move into Freedom Plaza tomorrow. It is a very lovely, nice independent living community with many activities and lovely apartments. I have lots of friends who live there. The dining area and food are excellent.

September 29, 2016

By Merlynn

Freedom Plaza Peoria is huge. I think it has 7 stories and 8 dining rooms. I was mostly with the woman that was doing the tour, and we had a beautiful lunch with her. I went there with a friend who has moved there, and he is extremely happy with his apartment. It looked very clean, and it has very nice apartments. A great number of people that my friend knows live there and do like it. They were wonderful and very helpful. I had a good visit, but it was so far away from my church where I want to be by my friends, but for my friend who lives there, it is perfect. The thing that’s different about them is that if you need care, you had to move to another building, so you really make a huge change when you move from being independent to assisted living. It’s more in a business area where there are a lot of healthcare facilities around, a lot of doctors’ offices, and a lot of clinics, so it’s very nice for people who are not driving because they can get their care right around them.

October 27, 2015

By Timothy8

At Freedom Plaza Peoria, they gave a wonderful presentation and talked very openly about what they had to offer and they're very positive about their facility. We really like the place, but I didn't like their buy-in. I like their facility. It was really nice. I like the rooms. They had different layouts. When we move in, we would be able to customize the apartment to the way we would want it, and I like that. I was really impressed with that.

January 19, 2015

By Jeffrey4

My mother has only been there at Freedom Plaza for a few weeks, and so far she is very happy with it. It looks very nice and clean, and I understand the food is very good. The initial reaction, she is very happy with it. The staff is all helpful and finally very responsive to everything that she has asked, but other than I don’t have much. This is a life care community; they have all different venues scattered -- independent living, assisted, Alzheimer’s care even nursing home care, all different levels. I have seen the independent, and I have seen the assisted. I would definitely recommend the independent living. It seems to be a great place.

January 29, 2014

By Sue33

Freedom Plaza is definitely a topnotch facility. Mom was there for three months and I would highly recommend them to others. The staff are very helpful, knowledgeable, and very friendly. No one will take your love one like you will, but the staff there are very compassionate. The activities vary for each of the residents and they seem to have a full range of activities.

December 27, 2013

You have to buy in at Freedom Plaza. I don't think I can afford it. It was a clean facility. I did see one room there and it was gorgeous. Also the staff that I met was very friendly, very nice, very kind and not pushy. She did her job but she did it well. She even invited me to a luncheon there but I didn't go.

September 30, 2013

By Georgia OMM

My parents lived in Freedom Plaza. It was a fantastic place and classy facility. They had a grand piano in the foyer and a winding staircase. They had elevators everywhere. It had seven floors and each floor was decorated differently. It had a full floor of exercise equipment. They had a full Olympic size pool on the ground with the spa and place outside with umbrella where you could relax. They had a library. They had places where you could do lapidary, work with computers or with wood. They even had beauty shops and they had people coming in to do jewelry shows. It had a beautiful dining area and their food was excellent. They even had a beautiful champagne brunch buffet every Sunday. They had independent living where my parents were at that time and they had assisted living and nursing home.

June 30, 2011

By LaurenMG

My aunt was moved to Freedom Plaza Peoria after suffering from some spinal injuries. I visited her often. The facility is very clean and the staff is super friendly. The staff always put the patient and their family first. Her nurse would always allow her to move her appointed times with the doctor or therapy around, unless immediate attention was necessary, so we could spend time with her. This place allowed my aunt to have as much independence as she could, which is how my aunt wanted to be treated. This place was overall a great place.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (9) See fewer reviews

Costs for Freedom Plaza Peoria

Cost of Continuing Care Retirement Community

Services and Amenities of Freedom Plaza Peoria

• Dining Extra: Full Kitchens In Apartments

• Continuing Care Retirement Community Starting At: $2387/month

• About Freedom Plaza Peoria

Freedom Plaza Peoria provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

Our Optimum Life® and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining, with fresh meals prepared by chefs trained in our own Culinary Arts Institute, and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program. These activities fill the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities highlighting different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Map of Freedom Plaza Peoria