Brookdale Springs Mesa

Reviews of Brookdale Springs Mesa

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Springs Mesa

March 04, 2016

By Caring Daughter120887950

I chose Brookdale Springs Mesa for my parents because it was the best place from all of the other places I saw. I like the friendliness of the people as well as the sizes of their rooms. They have different activities like they do have happy hour every Friday. They also have bingo, and exercises. They do have swimming as well.

November 22, 2015

By Dan46

My friend didn’t like Brookdale Springs Mesa. It was okay, just not in a convenient location for his doctors. To be honest, I remembered it smelling kind of antiseptic, hospital-like, and old. The staff was very pleasant. The dining area was certainly adequate, and they have all of the amenities, too. I just think it looked outdated.

September 07, 2015

The director at Brookdale Springs Mesa (Formerly The Springs of East Mesa) was very friendly and went out of her way to try to make my dad feel comfortable and to get to know him. The facility itself was quite larger and very much like apartment living. The dining room setup was very much like a restaurant. The social recreation was typical; it's what I would expect. The rooms offered were also larger.

March 20, 2015

By James105147850

Brookdale Springs Mesa is exactly what I was looking for. The people are service-oriented. They would do extra volume overtime. The only thing that is a disappointment is the food.

February 17, 2015

By Isabelle D.

My mother was at Brookdale Springs Mesa for a year and half. She just passed away a couple of weeks ago. It was a very good place, and I would highly recommend it. The staff was very good and very helpful. The rooms were great. She had a first floor room, and it faced the swimming pool. It was very nice. She did not attend much on activities because she was 99 years old, but she did a little bit of chair exercise and bingo once in a while.

February 17, 2015

Brookdale Springs Mesa is very comfortable. The staff and the residents are very nice. I have a living room, a bedroom, and my own bath. The food is good and not so good. I very much like the setup of the dining area. The sanitation is very good. I feel very comfortable. I have quite a few friends here, and I feel safe.

April 21, 2014

I also toured The Springs of East Mesa. They were OK. It would be my third choice. The lady who gave me a tour was very nice. They had different rooms. They had a small kitchenette and stuff. They had a private dining room and a swimming pool. They had arts and crafts. They had housekeeping services also. They were just things that I don't like. I thought the receptionist should have been more personable.

February 28, 2014

Our visit at The Springs of East Mesa was very good. The ambience of this facility was very pleasurable. The staff was particularly nice. The food was good. We like the concept of 12-hour restaurant dining situation rather than meals being served just at certain times. We are vegetarians, so that's a big consideration as far as the type of food they have available. Overall, The Springs of East Mesa would probably be our second choice. It was our second choice because their accommodations didn't have a full kitchen and they only had like partial stove.

January 29, 2014

By Ruth23

Springs has a good location but it’s a little far out from where I have most of my activities. The people working there are very nice. I’ve talked to Jaime Harel several times and she’s always so helpful. They had very nice rooms around 600 to 650 sq ft and I was looking for one bedrooms.

October 14, 2013

By Mary222

The staff were very friendly and helpful. However exterior parts of the building are very poorly maintained. Paint is peeling on all wood surfaces and some of the stucco. Some of the metal guard rails are completely rusted out and that could be hazardous. Bird poop needs to be washed from the outdoor furniture. The Springs surely needs attention to maintenance.

October 11, 2013

By Rose21

We did visit the Springs of East Mesa and were impressed with them. They were really good at showing us around and telling us all of the amenities that they have, the things that they do, and the places that they take everybody. It was very good.

October 10, 2013

By Dylan

The exterior and grounds are in serious need of repair and maintenance. Looks like nothing has been done in a few years. At least two places on the grounds the deterioration is so bad that they have been closed off by caution tape and look like they have been that way for a long time. Staffing has been cut back and many long time employees have been moved out to be replaced by less compensated individuals.

June 10, 2011

By leezee

Visited this facility

"On pulling up to this facility I couldn't help but think it was like a grand hotel. Immaculate landscaping and a huge entryway. I was greeted immediately by a bright faced woman at the desk. I noticed people/residents pretty much everywhere. Everyone seemed healthy and able to do pretty much anything on their own. There is a massive recreation room with couches and television, tables and chairs and even a pool table. There were actually people playing pool when I toured the rec room. I loved that they had a swimming pool although nobody was using it, but the weather was still in the high 70's so that could have been why. I noticed people actively coming and going the entire time I was there. Definitely seemed like more of a vacationers hotel than an assisted living facility, which I thought was great! I spotted staff at nearly every turn. My favorite sight of all was seeing a group of about 10 men gathered around a BBQ area all talking and laughing and joking around. It was fun to eavesdrop on their conversation as they went from politics to the best cuts of meat to grandchildren. Behind them was a small fountain that just set the tone for me. I was pretty impressed by the Springs, but think a resident has to be pretty active and able to take care of many of their own needs with some assistance. There's a pretty busy roster of activities too including exercise classes, outings and computer classes which I felt was superb. Of all the facilities I've visited with both my mother and my father-in-law, this was the first one I learned actually taught computer classes, which is so important as many of my family members live in different cities and States and especially with grand kids as they do most of their communicating via email."

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Springs Mesa

September 30, 2015

By Todd7

Everything at Brookdale Springs Mesa was very good. We went over and had lunch with them. There were 3 major items on the menu plus they had a whole bunch of standard items that was on there: hamburgers, hotdogs, chef’s salads, just anything you’d want. The food was very good; portions were very adequate. We had a real nice dessert. We talked to a couple of residents there; they were friendly and very happy and they had been there quite a while. One lady said that she had moved from another facility about 4 years ago and she was real happy with Brookdale Springs Mesa. We saw a bunch of ladies having popcorn and getting on a bus so the activities seemed good. The room was very adequate. Since you have all your meals downstairs, you don’t need an oven but the 2-bedroom that we looked at had a microwave in it that evidently was not in all of them but it was in that one. The floors looked good and the carpet seemed new. The view was nice; the grounds outside was very well kept. Could not find any negatives about it.

November 17, 2014

By Sue96983850

I liked the Springs of East Mesa. I thought their dining area was wonderful. They reminded me more of a country club or a nice restaurant. It was really big, just a little too big for what we've thought for my dad because it wasn't just assisted living. It is independent living and assisted living kind of co-combined with a very small portion under assisted, so that was kind of one thing we didn't like about it because they didn't seem to give focus on the assisted living. I didn't feel that he would get quite as much of individualized care there. Also, they had kind of a central area and then they had wings spreading out from there that made the apartments pretty far from the central area and it looked like they only had one elevator, which wasn't so good either for getting up and down because there were living areas or activity areas that were upstairs and downstairs. So that made it a little more difficult for my dad. The other thing was the apartments had a stove in there, which I did not like. That idea for someone living under assisted living to have burners, I didn't think that was a good idea. The grounds were very pretty. They had some outdoor areas as well as a pool. It is located in a nice neighborhood. It is very close to doctors and other assisted and memory care and nursing homes. They are kind of all in that area and a bunch of doctors' offices are there. Another thing I didn't like about it was they had an amazingly huge menu for every, single, different kind of assisted care, and we felt that we would never know what the actual cost was going to be every month; this was actually the biggest reason why we did not choose the Springs. They need better, clearer pricing for assisted living and no stoves in the assisted living apartments.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our community. Your feedback is always considered and appreciated!

March 29, 2014

When we were checking Springs of East Mesa, the marketing people were very professional and anxious to get to business, but we told them that we were going back and forth between them and another place I work for. And we let Mother make the choice. The facility is just wonderful. We're very pleased. It's getting better expenses because Mom's needs have changed just in the short time she was there. From the other places I've seen, the rooms here are far superior. The price is even better. The base price is lower compared to other facilities. The apartment is even nicer. As well as an engaging and personable staff, they have a phenomenal dining room. I think that's one of the reasons why she chose this place, that the dining room appears like that of a cruise ship. It's attractive and appealing. The waiters learned her name right away and called her by that. They know us, and as soon as they see us, they know that she is our mother. Mother has difficulty eating now, so she's having a hard time enjoying how nice it really is. They have several activities that she doesn't participate in because of her age and lack of interest. They have bingo, a favorite thing that is played several times a week. It's engaging, and that she does do. I really don't have anything bad to say about them.

March 18, 2014

By Tim16

My grandmother is at The Springs of East Mesa. It serves its purpose. If something happens, there's a medical staff on site. I've eaten there, the food is good. For me, it seems fresh and of good quality. I think it's pretty satisfactory, but maybe they can just have more activities. The only thing that she doesn't like about her apartment, and I guess it's pretty subjective, is when you walk in there's a tiled foyer area and then to the left is the small, tiled kitchen with an island and two stools. This is a one bedroom apartment with a carpeted family room. She doesn't like that the kitchen and family room is divided by the tile and carpet. So, she would rather want it all tiled because she doesn't like the tile is raised up with the carpet, there's a little bump. That's the only complaint I heard from her.

August 13, 2013

By Isabelle D.

GREAT POEPLE VERY HELPFULL WITH OLDER POEPLE THEY KNOW THERE NEEDS AND MAKE THEM COMFORT IN THERE APARTMENT AND THE FOOD IS GREAT LOTS TO DO IF THEY WANT TO.

December 22, 2012

By bleepbloop

I felt that the place looked very beautiful on the outside, but it was a little deceiving. The outside was very decorated with the water spring in the very front, but the inside was so old. Granted it is mainly for old people, but the inside could stand to be updated. Also the smell was not very pleasing either, but I am sure that it could be fixed with a little air freshener. The staff was very friendly since I was greeted with a smile and a hello upon walking in. I also had lunch there which was pretty tasty and filling. They also had a pool in the back which was less of a plus to me but more of a plus to the people living there. I was just a little weirded out by the amount of security that they had watching the stranger individuals. Other than that my experience was a standard one.

September 10, 2012

By AC24

I really enjoyed this facility, and so did my grandmother. Through out the time she lived there i visited every time i made a visit to Arizona which was about once a year. The staff was always polite and did everything they could to help my grandmother with what she needed. With 3 meals a day and events and private games in the dinning area my grandmother never had a problem finding things to do. Along with the extremely nice staff the facilities where extremely nice too, i always felt comfortable with my grandmother living here. She was very happy living here and i couldn't have wanted here anywhere else.

Photos of Brookdale Springs Mesa

• Tagalog

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: AL5078

About Brookdale Springs Mesa

Brookdale Springs Mesa provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Our Optimum Life&reg and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life&reg is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life&reg we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Map of Brookdale Springs Mesa