HealthSouth Valley of the Sun Rehab

Reviews of HealthSouth Valley of the Sun Rehab

Nursing Home Reviews for HealthSouth Valley of the Sun Rehab

June 15, 2012

By darnesegm

My husband received excellent care overall, however, patients with mental health issues were allowed to roam the facility at night. My husband was constantly awoken by "intruders" at all odd hours of the night which escalated his already severe anxiety issues. During an emergency episode, the facility was able to get immediate transportation/care at a hospital for my husband and notified me immediately so that I was able to meet him forth with at the hospital. I was allowed to attend dinners, lunches, rehab classes, and other required therapies with my husband on a regular basis. I received constant updates from doctors, nurses and other practitioners regarding his care and ongoing progress and potential future struggles as it pertained to his ability to recover, which made my personal stress reduce and enable me to completed tasks necessary to prepare and sustain his recovery. U also had the ability to contact the facility if needed for home care and ongoing assistance with mobility and medicinal concerns.

April 11, 2012

By sweetp1

Ironically enough my mother worked for this facility for nearly 15 years then became a patient several years later. My mother was diagnosed with COPD, CHF, Diabetes, kidney failure, hypertension and legally blind which resulted in her retiring from her job earlier than she had anticipated. After several years of bad health, including dialysis, Mom had to have open heart surgery in Dec of 2010, after the surgery she went to HealthSouth Valley of the Sun Rehab to be rehabilitated and have help with her daily living skills. The first day Mom was there she was allowed to fall out of a chair while "visiting" the nurses station, approximately 6 nurses and aides were around her and she was not restrained in the chair in any way. No one from my family was called, but Valley of the Sun took her for a cat scan, again without telling us, but we did get charged for it. When it was decided to move Mom to another facility Valley of the Sun conveinently could not release her for 2 days causing my Mom to pay several hundred dollars in fees medicare deemed unnecessary. I would not reccomend this facility to anyone.

About HealthSouth Valley of the Sun Rehab

HealthSouth Valley of the Sun Rehab is a senior living provider in Glendale, Arizona that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact HealthSouth Valley of the Sun Rehab for more details on services and rates.

Map of HealthSouth Valley of the Sun Rehab