Glencroft

Reviews of Glencroft

Assisted Living Reviews for Glencroft

March 27, 2017

By Tina333650

Glencroft seemed to fit our needs. We were looking for self pay, and then once the money run outs, they go to Medicaid, and they do that. The actual place was nice. It just needs a little updating, but it's nice, and the people were friendly.

February 09, 2017

By Max474160

I will say Glencroft Senior Living was clean. The people were professional. It appeared friendly, not so much institutionalized. It seemed more like apartments than assisted living. They had a restaurant there and a beauty shop. They had daily activities like crafts.

November 26, 2016

By Susan342210

Glencroft was an older property, it was very big, and I did not like my mom to navigate to go to activities. She had to walk large distances to get to the auditorium or where she needed to eat. Everybody there seemed to be happy, but mom will be away from us.

November 22, 2016

By Family m

My mom has been there for about three months now. She is in an independent living apartment. I know that if things get worse then we can easily move her into the assisted living. This place has it all independent living, assistant living, memory care nursing care and rehab. And older community but very very clean. There are so many services they offer it's just too many to put here. I feel very comfortable having my mother live there. I recommend you take a tour if you have someone who needs A retirement community. I was very impressed

June 28, 2016

By Rudolf016141

Our tour to Glencroft was good. They treated us to lunch, and it was great. We liked it. They had a variety of arrangements, like casitas which are separate little homes, and apartments, assisted living, and even nursing homes. It's a much larger facility.

November 30, 2015

Glencroft is set up more to take care of patients, and they seem they are generally concerned. They have been in touch with me in everything. They got hospice involved and do a wellness check on her. It makes me feel better. I have been there about seven times and there are usually a ton of nurses on the floor. It seems like they take care of the people better. It’s old, but it’s very clean inside and outside and very nice. It doesn’t have a nursing home smell, and actually smells like a house.

September 17, 2015

I visited my friend at the Glencroft. Their staff is very caring. They have fairly good-size rooms, and they are very clean. I have eaten there, and the food is very good. They have exercises, and they play bingo.

August 28, 2015

By Charlie22

They did a bait and switch so to speak with my mom. They quoted us $40,000 but two days later, after getting my mom excited to move there, they came back and said they raised the price the day after we said we wanted the unit, and now the price is $75,000. Just be cautious if you are given a price.

July 06, 2015

By Linda110566450

Glencroft also has memory care, but there was a big waiting list to get into their memory care. Now, this was a few months ago that I went and looked at Glencroft, and I loved the place. But, again, my mom was terrified of meeting new people; she just didn't feel comfortable, and she is to the point where she needs to stay in her home with somebody because her home is her security unit now. She needs to either stay there with somebody coming in, or she will probably have to go to memory care. And like I said, there is a waiting list for the memory care at Glencroft. The amenities were very nice. Their lunchroom was nice, and they had a post office, a bank, and a Church on the property. They had independent living, assisted living, and memory care facilities, and they had even a little grocery store right on the property. The beauty of Glencroft was that it is only about three miles from me. I could have moved in there too. It was like moving into a two-bedroom apartment, so it was very nice. But like I said, she is beyond assisted living.

March 07, 2015

By Joan102991150

The apartments looked really nice. I really liked them. They had a little grocery store and a very nice-looking dining room, and I thought mom could do a lot of socializing. From what I have seen when I went in there to visit my former husband, they seemed to be very caring and very patient. Our daughters told me that they were very pleased with his care. The area I did look at and really liked at Glencroft were the one-bedroom apartments, and they had three-storey apartments that were taller and nicer, but what I liked about it was you can have breakfast, lunch, and dinner or you can just have breakfast and make your own meals, you could have as much housecleaning as you wanted, and laundry if you want it.

February 18, 2015

By Leslie38

Glencroft was given to me by a lady from an online listing. I liked the one staff member that showed us around. She showed us the apartment and the facility. The room is very nice and spacious. The one we were looking for my sister is for independent living. I would like to have seen more socialization. The facility is spread out, and a lot of it is outdoors versus indoors. I didn't get to see a lot of places where they could have their activities and socialize with the other members. It was very nice though, and I liked it.

June 27, 2014

Glencroft Assisted Living is a nice facility. My mom lived in this facility. You can go right into assisted living, and their setup is not private, so you can go in and get a state benefit if you ran out of money. She liked the people, but I just don’t think she was active.

June 20, 2014

By azdaughter21

I visited Glencroft a few months back. It is an older community with defintely an older feel. The apartments are small. The people there did not seem very happy and I just did not feel my mom would like it.

June 05, 2012

By Linda9

I had a quick visit in Glencroft and I find the place smaller compared to the others I toured but it's nice and very clean. The bathroom is designed in a way that it's not easy for my mom to move around. The people are very nice. My mom needs a place where everything is easy and readily available for her and I didn't feel that Glencroft was the best place for her given her condition.

April 27, 2012

By Friendly atmosphere

Glencraft is the very best at what they can help with, and that is caring for your family member as though they were part of their own family. It is a privately owned facility and every service they provide is the epitome of personal. The administrators are extremely careful to select staff who not only care for each resident with great love and compassion, but also care for the family and friends of the residents as though an extension of your family. Each staff member displays an obvious passion for what they do. This small home environment was given to us as a gift from God. My friend was only with them for about two months before she passed, and these extraordinary people fell in love with a woman who was already in advanced stages of dementia and had very little capacity to express her own gratitude for the much needed love and care she received. Even when my friend passed these people grieved as though she was their own family whom they had lost. Dementia is such a cruel condition and Glencroft and its Staff offset that cruelty with compassion and love that made it all better; you know, like mommy kissing the hurt so it would go away. They count it a privilege that you would trust them with the one you love. I could go on and on, but just visit them; you'll see what I'm referring to. Oh, and the cost is the best you will find anywhere! This is wholly sincere, and without exaggeration. Take a tour, you won't be disappointed. Thank you again Glencroft!

June 23, 2011

By Nonslid

This is a great facility in that is is totally self contained. There is a care center, an assisted living apts and independent living. There is a warm and welcoming atmosphere throughout. The staff is friendly and open with everyone. They greet residents by name and seem to know family & visitors when they approach them. There is a branch bank on the grounds plus a convenience grocery store. A resident need not leave the property if they wish not to. there is also a coffee shop where several residents were sitting about visiting with each other and reading the paper, they greeted other residents as they entered the shop, they are hobby & craft shops also - a quilting studio, library, barber shop, beauty shop, church services for all denominators regardless of what religion a person is, there is also an exercise program which is voluntary and people there were very friendly and accepting of all who joined in whether they could do the excercises or not ( I saw one resident assisting another resident who had balance problems with the excercise) there is also rehabilitation services to help residents with balance and strength and the staff was very patient and kind with all the residents. I felt very comfortable at this facility.

June 10, 2011

By S.Sherrill

Other

Glencroft is a well-established retirement community, with all levels of care. They have upgraded and remodeled many of their buildings, and the grounds are filled with beautiful rose bushes and mature trees. They have a quilting room, as well as planned activities, and residents are always out and about. The staff is very friendly, and the food is fantastic. It's not fancy, but it does feel like home.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Glencroft

March 22, 2016

By Marilyn122078550

My mother-in-law will be moving to Glencroft tomorrow into a one-bedroom apartment. We met several residents; everyone there is so friendly, smiling all of the time, and always saying, "hi." The staff is very respectful, friendly, and seemed sincere. It has all levels of care and good food. They had a carnival over in memory care, and last week, they had an Old West event going on. They have card games, trips to the local stores, and a swimming pool with a Jacuzzi. I really like it.

November 07, 2015

I happen to be in a little house called Casita at Glencroft. You can also go to their three-story apartments. We have great maintenance for everything, security, different people coming over to help you, and medical help. I wear a thing around my neck that I can beep if I need them, and they check up on you. They're very good as far as providing help. The food depends on what you order. Some people aren't on a meal plan; I happen to be on one right now, but it isn't great nor high-end. There are plenty of activities, but I haven't tried them yet. There's swimming, games, entertainment on Friday night, church on the grounds, and lots of other activities. I have a two-bedroom with bath, living room, and a full kitchen, and I have everything in it.

July 04, 2015

By Russell11

The medical facilities were on the ground at Glencroft. They had food resources as well. It fitted what I desired. I looked at the two-bedroom apartment. I thought it was roomy enough for us, and yet it was not so large to give us unnecessary space. It was well laid out. They had physical and mental activities. The people that I had talked to were very friendly, cordial, and inviting. I thought the financial arrangement was good.

April 27, 2015

Mom has been in there a little over a month now. Glencroft was affordable, and she got her paperwork for HUD housing approval, so they also have that. The staff is excellent. They have been there for quite a while, and they are very good. The food is very good; she loves it. It was not easy at first. She did not want to go there, but she loves it now. They have lots of activities and interests. They have regular outings or scheduled outings monthly, they have guests that come in, and they have all kinds of things going on, which is really good, so she can choose what she wants to go to. I think it is everything she needs.

February 09, 2015

I have actually been in Glencroft because we helped a gentleman move in there. I thought was a little cleaner. He had an apartment with a kitchenette, a living room, and a bedroom. I thought it was pretty nice with a full size refrigerator. The facility has an age limit. You have to be at least 62 to be there.

June 17, 2014

By Tami3

My mom is now at Glencroft. It has all stages of retirement. They have independent and critical care there. She is in independent right now. She has been there for maybe six years. I like it best mainly because she knows a lot of people there. She likes their swimming pool too; she swims everyday. Also she really likes doing their volunteer work. It keeps her occupied, and not just sitting around waiting to die. The volunteer thing is a big thing to her. However, the thing that she is not happy with about them, is that they're making changes. They got a new management and they have gotten rid of a lot of old staff, which she was very upset about. They are making a lot of changes at one time, instead of gradually doing it. That's what's gotten her a little upset. Also, they need to improve on the food. My mom doesn't like how they prepare their food. They always leave out a little detail of something, i.e., they have Chinese food without soy sauce.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (10) See fewer reviews

Photos of Glencroft

Services and Amenities of Glencroft

• State Licenses: AL1205C

About Glencroft

Glencroft has it all!

Glencroft Senior Living is the largest continuing care retirement community (CCRC) in the state of Arizona. With a history of more than 45 years in service, we offer our residents a seamless transition within our 40-acre community. The staff at Glencroft walks side-by-side with our residents through the aging process. As changes in health needs arise we are there to support and implement the necessary care and services to promote the greatest level of independence.

Single Location Community

As a single-location community with only one off-site building, we are able to provide a great benefit to our residents - their voices are heard as we evaluate improvements to the place they have chosen to call “home.” Other organizations in our industry with multiple locations often make decisions at a corporate level that might not meet the unique needs of each location and they may not even take into consideration resident input. Decisions for Glencroft are made to meet the needs of our residents at our Phoenix area property.

Not-for-Profit Organization

As a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization, our organization benefits from a tax exempt status which in turn benefits our residents. For profit organization pay real estate taxes and sales taxes that ultimately are recouped in monthly fees. Glencroft is exempt and therefore our residents are exempt from these expenses. Over time, the savings to our residents can be quite significant especially with the concern many seniors have of outliving their money. As a not-for-profit, we traditionally have a higher caregiver to resident ratio than most profit structured organization in our industry. This means lower turnover in staff and greater attention to resident care and needs.

Faith-Based Heritage

Glencroft is open to individuals of all faiths. However, as a community built on a foundation of Christian principles and a servant-minded heart, many of our employees feel called to serve our residents and many of our residents were drawn to live at Glencroft because of our faith-based heritage. Glencroft is a warm and embracing community that provides a sense of belonging to employees, residents, family members and guests alike.

Living Options