Brookdale Apache Junction

Reviews of Brookdale Apache Junction

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Apache Junction

December 16, 2015

By Jeanice

My sister-in-law has been happy with Brookdale Apache Junction so far. We chose it because it's very nice and has a very friendly atmosphere. The staff was very nice. The facility itself, the surroundings, and the rooms were all very nice. They have movies, do outings, and people come in to sing for the residents. The food is great, too. They have a nice salad bar and a nice breakfast bar on Sunday mornings. This facility is doing an outstanding job in caring for their residents.

November 15, 2015

By Anonymous116120350

Brookdale Apache Junction was very nice. It has both independent and assisted living and full amenities. It was very nice but out of my price range. The staff was fine. Their rooms were nice, though not really spacious, but they were nicely furnished. They looked good.

October 23, 2015

By Jeff43

My mom was in Brookdale for three months. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about it. The place is fantastic with an excellent staff of caregivers. I am in awe -- there are no complaints.

September 30, 2015

By Mark114099950

We chose Brookdale Apache Junction. The staff is extremely nice and caring. They were very helpful as I had to get my mom move in very quickly. She likes the place and the food is good. She likes everything about it.

June 18, 2015

By Lyle3

I liked the restaurant meals at Horizon Bay. They had a regular restaurant, and you would go there three times a day, you order and eat what you want. I spent two years with them, and the staff was pretty knowledgeable and helpful. The rooms, the dining area, and the grounds are excellent. The neighborhood was fine and very quiet. They had activities like therapy and exercise. Once a week, we had a cocktail hour with a few beers and entertainment. They had a lot of good stuff there. It was a great place.

May 13, 2015

I went to Brookdale Apache Junction, and it is a very good place. We had lunch there, and we looked at the rooms. I like their amenities. It had a nice grand piano and a beautiful fireplace. It had a very nice library and an excellent dining room.

April 17, 2015

By Caring

The one that we found was Brookdale Apache Junction. It was for both of my parents, but my dad just recently passed away. The rooms are very nice, very roomy, and just right for one or two people. I have eaten there, and the food was delicious. The dining room is really nice; everything about the place is great. I just love it, and -- most importantly -- my mom loves it. They go on tours, and they have Bingo, exercise, movies, and what they call their Happy Hour on Fridays. They have guests that come and do readings and play music. It is just every day they have something. The people who work there are great, and the facility itself is really open and friendly. To me, the others that we looked at were more like big fancy motels or hotels, and when you walk in, it is really open, and you don't feel like you are walking down a big hall like you would in a hotel and just see rooms here and there. It is just really open, and it is gorgeous.

February 18, 2015

By bobboray

The place is very well set up, provides three day meals with the time for lunch and dinner any time between 11:00 AM and 7:00 PM. There is a swimming pool, workout room, library, TV room and a meeting center. They will provide transportation if needed, or you can keep your car there. The building has three floors and an elevator.

November 27, 2014

By Ruth47

Brookdale Apache is clean, friendly, very helpful, and informative with great people. My mother-in-law has been there quite a while, and we have gotten to know all the staff; they are really, really good. She has a private room that is spacious, and it has got its own capability for cooking if you want to. She's got a refrigerator, a living room, and her private bedroom. The food is awesome. We have breakfast with her every Sunday, and then we have family get-togethers there quite a bit. I would definitely recommend this place to other people. The nursing staff and everything is great, and the maintenance on this place is immaculate. They have hospice available for in-house, which is great.

March 20, 2014

By Debra24

I loved Horizon Bay. But one of the reasons we went with another facility is because it was super expensive. When I visited, Dana, the lady that showed us around was awesome. Every place we looked at, she knew the answer. She was very nice. We saw a model room and then we also saw the room that my father would have got has he gone there. I thought the apartments were just fine. There's a small kitchen, a small living room, and a fairly good bed and bathroom. When we were there, they were playing bingo. I liked the interior. Everything is really pretty in there. They have a piano, a library, and a fireplace. The hallways, the carpeting, everything was bright. It looked really nice.

July 23, 2012

By Vane

I think that this plan to make a place like this is very very good. For a lot of reason. First they do everythink about you and you to be a happy there when you will be.The rooms/apartments are actually pretty cute. Nice, bright kitchens that are open. It's not like you feel squeezed into a little walkway between cupboards, they're rounded out and easy to move around in.

July 18, 2011

By leezee

An old co-worker and good friend of my mother moved into this facility. Because Apache Junction is located directly east of Mesa, where I currently live, my mom wanted to visit. I was a bit on the fence about Horizon Bay for many different reasons. I didn't totally dislike the building, but it did remind me of a large State hospital, even though it's painted in your typical southern Arizona hue to compliment the landscape, something about it just reminded me of a hospital. When we first arrived there was a group of about six residents waiting for a van to take them on an outing, possibly shopping or something of that nature. It is anywhere between 105 and 113 degrees right now in southern Arizona and the residents were all sitting in the sun. It seemed to be taking a little while to board everyone. I understand that it takes time to get everyone but I wish they'd offered umbrella's or something. The inside seemed pleasant. We saw a few staff members and they all smiled and said hello. One young gal asked if we needed help and then showed us how to get to my mom's friends apartment. Because my mom's friend utilizes the independent living option, she informed us that she is provided with two meals per day, if she eats a third she incurs more charges. Assisted living residents are provided with three meals per day. I guess I can understand that too, but it seemed funny that she specifically pointed this out, as if it weren't quite fair. I did like the pool. A huge body of water surrounded by block fencing for privacy. I also liked the recreational areas and I especially liked the fact that you can have a one car garage. Not just an average assigned parking space, but a garage. Pretty cool feature. It seemed quieter than other facilities I've visited, as if a lot of residents just stay in their rooms. This could have to do a lot with the time of year too, as I said earlier, we visited in the early peak of summer. The rooms/apartments are actually pretty cute. Nice, bright kitchens that are open. It's not like you feel squeezed into a little walkway between cupboards, they're rounded out and easy to move around in. I liked too that pets are welcome. My mom has owned cats ever since I could remember and would probably be devastated if she couldn't bring ""Baby"" along with her. They do also offer the Livewell program, which I've read about before. That was a plus. I suppose all in all the facility in my opinion does deserve at least a 3.5-3.8 on a 5 scale, but little things bugged me, mainly the hospital feel and the quiet. Where were all the residents?

June 03, 2008

By B McDonald

My loved one stayed here

This is a beautiful, hotel-like facility. I think the resident is best served if they are still independent and not requiring help dressing, or going to the bathroom.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Apache Junction

May 30, 2014

By Caring80192250

My mom and her husband moved to Horizon Bay because it is near their home. It is a very nice facility. People are great, and she participates in the activities. She has gone on a couple of outings with them. Of course, we are relieved that she has a place to be now and people around. When I visited there, they were playing some games in the lobby area. They have an international dinner, or a themed dinner. I have eaten there a few times. The food is good; it varies and seems to be portioned well. I think the apartment that she is in is probably a good size for her. However, shortly after they moved in, my mother's husband passed away. It is a really tough time for my mom, but I know she is satisfied there, and she's staying there for a little bit.

October 30, 2013

By Dotty2

We really love Horizon Bay because the staff was very, very nice and they are a bit cheaper. I also like the way they treat the residents. They have activities like every Friday they have social hours. They said they also have outings. They have a computer lab and a library. I was not able to try the food, but it looked good and healthy.

June 18, 2013

By caring05301

I visited Horizon Bay for my mom and it was a clean facility. The cafeteria was excellent. The food was nice. The staff were accommodating. However, their notification system was probably not as diligent as I want it to be.

Photos of Brookdale Apache Junction

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Apache Junction

• Housing Extra: Cottages

• Licenses: personal care
  • State Licenses: AL9102C

About Brookdale Apache Junction

Brookdale Apache Junction provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Brookdale Apache Junction provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Apache Junction