Gardens of Pelham

Reviews of Gardens of Pelham

Assisted Living Reviews for Gardens of Pelham

August 13, 2018

By GS

Gardens of Pelham has been great. They're very caring and loving people. It's a small place, only 16 residents, and it's a real family with a family feeling. The staff assists us with anything and everything we need. They're just fantastic. My mom has a standard room with a standard bath and we put our own furniture in there. It's very comfortable and they do a good job in keeping an eye on her. The place is pretty, and there's a front porch where they sit during the day, and a large back porch in the shade, which is nice because it's in a private area. Mary, the manager, is fantastic and wonderful. They have ice cream socials and people who come in to do different programs for them. There's something almost every day. The food is excellent and they serve them, so it's a real family atmosphere. It's well-organized and well laid out.

November 08, 2017

By Alyce

Gardens of Pelham was a beautiful place. I wasn't aware of it being there but it offered so much. The staff was great. They were kind and helpful. The food and the dining set up were very good. I was highly impressed and just enjoyed it. I had no complaints. I will give the community an A+ and highly recommend it to anyone. Thank you all for the invitation!

Thank you for giving us an A+ and such a wonderful review. We appreciate your recommendation.

October 12, 2017

By Renee

The staff takes very good care of my father.

October 11, 2017

By Frank

Every time I visit the family, the staff is always helpful and friendly.

October 08, 2017

By Margaret

Quality of care here has been great! I have lived here almost 2 1/2 years and have come to feel like this is home. Our administrator and her assistant are really amazing. They will go out to the end of the limb to assist us with any problem we have. The RA's are so good to us. Making sure we are comfortable and always give us our meds as ordered. Any request we have they try to fill it. My family is also satisfied with my care.

By Berniece

I didn't want to leave my home but it became time for me to find professional help and care. My family found Gardens of Pelham and I have been very pleased with the care that I am getting. The quality of care is excellent. I especially enjoy the programs, food, and caregivers.

By Anonymous

My mother in law is in Gardens of Pelham. The staff is great and they really take care of all her needs. I had dinner there one time. The food and dining set up is good. Her apartment is really nice. They have activities and recreations. They play bingo, cards and have different organizations there. We really had a good experience.

By Anonymous

Gardens of Pelham is small, has 16 beds, and not real fancy. My mother is not real fancy, so it fits her perfectly. It's a very close knit group of staff along with the residents. It's like a home setting. It's like her second family, and she really enjoys it. We wish it had a little bit more activities and they are working on doing that. A lot of the residents don't want to do the activities, usually just my Mom and two or three others and that's it. I'm happy with it. I also wish they do some outings. They've only done a couple and my mother has been there for 2-1/2 years. The staff turnover rate is a little bit more than what I would like. Other than that, they are very sweet and always good to my mother. They put a menu of what they're having for each meal and if the resident does not like what they're having, there are other options like soup and sandwich or chicken fingers or salad, and they go around and ask each resident. They're very accommodating on that. They serve it to them, but they bring their plates out. I wish the staff turnover was not as quick and I wish they did more activities, but everything else is good. The staff workers are all very caring and do the best they can. We went to other places, and this is a little bit cheaper.

September 19, 2017

By HomeHealthAshleigh

Other

The Gardens of Pelham emphasizes community and care to provide the best facility in the area! The tenure staff is very caring and knowledgeable to each individual. the city of Pelham is honored to have "The Gardens" in our community!

Thank you so much for the kind remarks relating to our staff and senior community. You are right...the Gardens of Pelham is a vital part of the local community. Our residents are proud to call the Gardens their home!

September 15, 2017

By Garry

Gardens of Pelham was great. It was very clean and very appealing. I was very pleased with it. I encountered very few staff and they were very pleasant, sociable, and their attitude was good. It was overall a good experience. I was able to visit the dining area, and it was very good looking.

Dear Garry, Thank you for visiting the Gardens of Pelham Assisted Living Community. We are so pleased you had a good experience and took the time to share your positive feedback. We appreciate your comments about our care team. Mary Neff and her staff are dedicated and hard working. We have a beautiful senior community in Pelham and we couldn't be prouder! Thanks for the review.

February 26, 2017

By Wyllene

Very good food. I don't like fried food, so the cook bakes or grills for me. We also have activities like bingo, dominoes, rook, and crafts like making decorations for the tables according to the holiday.

Thank you very much for such a great review! We work really hard to offer nutritious home-cooked food and fun activities. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoy the meals and social activities.

February 21, 2017

By Margaret527208

Good cooks. Good food. Resident unable to lose out here! Great CNAs – free with loving care, makes you feel like you are part of their family. Meds given on time. Rooms cleaned and dusted. Clothes washed weekly, folded and brought to your room.

Margaret, We appreciate your enthusiastic review. At the Gardens of Pelham, we take pride in our timely service, personal relationships, and family atmosphere. Thank you for choosing our assisted living community!

February 17, 2017

By Carolyn347741

Very happy with care and workers. Good to have some independence and be social with others my age.

Now that's what we like to hear! We truly appreciate the 5 star review.

Costs for Gardens of Pelham

Photos of Gardens of Pelham

Services and Amenities of Gardens of Pelham

• State Licenses: D5916

About Gardens of Pelham

At the Gardens of Pelham Assisted Living, our retirement community meets the diverse and changing needs of today’s senior citizens. Conveniently located off 1-65 North at exit 246 in Pelham near the Oak Mountain Park, the Garden’s atmosphere is warm and relaxed. Our month-to-month rent, without buy-in fees or long term leases, allows families to make wise decisions and you will find our rates to be one of the most affordable in the area. Moving to an assisted living and becoming part of a senior community is always a good option because we personalize each resident’s care and make changes as they occur, providing personal assistance and support as needed. A community of care and support, the Gardens of Pelham has an intimate feeling of “belonging.” With only 16 apartments, the Gardens is a small, welcoming place where we understand the importance of staying connected to family and friends. We want to make retirement as comfortable as possible, so we take care of the cooking, housekeeping and laundry. Our apartments are designed for the resident’s comfort and convenience. Each apartment features cable connections, a private bath with a walk-in shower and for your peace of mind, an emergency response system to connect residents to our 24-hour staff.

Good meals have been the center of our lives for years, so our cooks prepare three delicious meals from scratch each day. Our residents enjoy eating together family-style in the dining room and socializing in the spacious common areas. At the Gardens, you can enjoy the privacy of your own apartment or participate in the planned activities of our community. We have a lot for them to do: enjoying theme parties, playing games, exercising, reading, or just relaxing. So come visit the Gardens of Pelham!

Technology and Entertainment:

• WiFi in resident rooms and shared areas
  • Emergency Call System

Dining Options:

• Always Available Menu

Activities:

• Onsite Activity Director
  • Arts and Crafts
  • Exercise class
  • Music and Games
  • Organized offsite activities (outings, etc.)

Cleaning Services: