The Olive Home Assisted Living

Reviews of The Olive Home Assisted Living

Assisted Living Reviews for The Olive Home Assisted Living

January 20, 2016

By Larry118733050

I was searching for a place that mainly dealt with Alzheimer’s and dementia; that was my main reason for choosing Olive Home. That’s all they deal with and have a nursing home on the other side of the place. They’re very attentive to the patients and serve what we call down here a "country-style breakfast," which means you can have anything and everything, as well as a balanced diet of food and three snacks a day. The food is good compared to the other places that I looked at. You ask for better care and service. If anything goes on up there, even just the slightest little thing, they will call you and let you know, and they’re very prompt about doing it. The food is excellent, and the amenities are great. They have big TVs in their day room, and residents have the option of having a TV in their rooms. Based on what I understand, they try to get them to socialize a lot, so they put them in a big room together. My mom shares a room with another elderly lady, and the room, considering that it’s a nursing home facility, is adequate; they are remodeling. I’d recommend them to anybody. The people treat the residents just like family.

January 19, 2015

By Pamela26

The rooms at Olive Home look older, but the main thing is when you come in the entrance it looks homey. It looks more like a home than a nursing home or a facility. My dad has been there for 6 months now. The food is good, there are home cooked meals, and the dining area is nice. Mostly they have just singing and church for the activities.

Costs for The Olive Home Assisted Living

Services and Amenities of The Olive Home Assisted Living

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: D0512

• About The Olive Home Assisted Living

The Olive Home was originally opened as a "Retirement Home" in Mount Olive, Alabama in 1978. The facility began to grow as well as our reputation. The Olive Home is our family ministry. We have always been a Christian owned and operated facility. We love each and every Resident as if they are one of our own family members, and we wanted to be able to care for them even with an Alzheimer’s or Dementia diagnosis. Therefore, on November 3, 2002 we opened our current Assisted Living and Specialty Care Facility in Blount County, and are now able to allow our Residents to "age in place" within the facility. This means that for example; if a Resident that has been residing in our Assisted Living and develops Alzheimer’s or Dementia they will not have to find another facility. They can simply "transition" to our Specialty Care facility.

Specialty Care is an assisted living facility, but the capability of providing specialized care especially for our Residents that have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s or Dementia. We also provide a safe and secure perimeter in the home-like atmosphere. Our Specialty Care provides all of the services as our Assisted Living as well as:

Since 1978, The Olive Home has maintained a very credible reputation with all our Residents as well as their families and friends. Its never easy for someone to leave their own home, but we strive to provide a loving, safe, home-like atmosphere for all of our Residents.

Map of The Olive Home Assisted Living