Cypress Cove Care and Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Cypress Cove Care and Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Cypress Cove Care and Rehabilitation Center

May 31, 2012

By mrw874

The facility had daily activities, social gatherings, a large dining area, and more. It also features several indoor and outdoor sitting areas. The staff was always incredibly attentive and very courteous. If medication was to be given while me or my mom were visiting, the staff would always knock. They also had a very secure process to allow for residents to leave with family members. The building was always kept very clean in spite of it being a very old facility. One thing that my grandmother always enjoyed was the food. The facility always seemed to be well staffed and nurses were never far off if you needed something. Probably the only real complaint I have about the Sunbridge facility in Tuscumbia, AL is the fact that because the building was clearly old, it sometimes just looked depressing. Obviously, people in assisted living/nursing homes know that this may be the last place they live, but that doesn't mean the building has to LOOK like that.

April 10, 2012

By althomas61591

During my grandmother's stay at Sunbridge Nursing Home, I visited her many times. Every time I and my other family members would enter the building, it would smell of urine, which was quite repulsive and sad to me, knowing that my grandmother was breathing that daily. As far as the staff is concerned, I never personally had an issue with anyone, but I know that on many occasions my grandmother would be left unclean if she had had an accident, for hours at a time, hence the probable cause of such an odor of urine throughout the facility. My grandmother had a roommate who seemed to not be completely in her right mind, and would periodically go through her things. When I was visiting her once, I personally witnessed the roommate going through my grandmother's mail. At the time, my mother was also there and told the lady that her mail was on her table and that the mail she was looking through was my grandmother's. The lady then turned around and looked at her in the eyes, snatched a tissue out of the the tissue box on my grandmother's table, and said "I stole one!" While this was somewhat amusing, it was also alarming because no one was able to be there to keep watch of my grandmother's things or to monitor the behavior of the roommate. I was a little afraid of the roommate and did not like going there when she was awake because at times she would just become angry for no reason, or she would yell at us for no reason. Since there was only a curtain between my grandmother's bed and her roommate's it was impossible to get away from her unless she was asleep or out of her room. My grandmother did not stay at this facility long, we could not handle the fact that she would, at times, be neglected (bathing, cleaning her up after an accident), and the smell of the facility itself was not acceptable.

Services and Amenities of Cypress Cove Care and Rehabilitation Center

About Cypress Cove Care and Rehabilitation Center

Cypress Cove Care and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Muscle Shoals, Alabama that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Cypress Cove Care and Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Cypress Cove Care and Rehabilitation Center