Somerby at St. Vincent's One Nineteen

Reviews of Somerby at St. Vincent's One Nineteen

Assisted Living Reviews for Somerby at St. Vincent's One Nineteen

December 30, 2015

By George121435650

Somerby has three stories, and two stories are assisted living. The place is too far out, and there’s traffic in that area. The room doesn’t have a separation between the bedroom and the other areas. They have activities and bus trips.

September 30, 2015

By Anonymous113191850

The experience has been great so far, and my parents-in-law love it. The food is amazing. They have a little apartment that is comfortable and with a little patio. Everybody is really nice and welcoming. They really like it, and they are very happy with Somerby at St. Vincent's. The dining area is like a restaurant. It is clean and kind of like being in a resort. We were really impressed.

January 26, 2015

By Jackie31

Somerby at St. Vincent's One Nineteen is a beautiful facility. The staff people are very nice. They have a lot of activities going on everyday. They have a movie night -- they have a fairly large theater -- and it is almost every day of the week that they have some kind of activity like they bring someone in to do songs and play different instruments. They go all over the place -- they have been to the Helen Keller house, and they take them fishing; it is always something. And, of course, they have Bingo which they really like. They have Bingo every week, and they give out prizes. The food is wonderful too. I have eaten there many times with my mom, and the dining hall is just great. They are wonderful. They check on her probably at least five times a day if not more; they treat everybody like that, and this is assisted living. When she was in independent, they did not really check in on her because she did not need that service, but she would wear something on her wrist; if she fell down, she would just push the button, and immediately they were there to help her up. I am fifty-two years old, and if this building is still there and it is still as nice, I will be going there myself.

August 28, 2014

We like the attitude of the people who work at Somerby at St. Vincent's One Nineteen -- that's why I chose it for my mom. For the most part, they are very good. Secondly, I like the size of the room. It has a bathroom, a kitchenette and it is carpeted. I think the food is very good. For assisted living, they have assigned seating for dining, but they have an option to go to the main dining room which is formal and very nice, and they can order off the menu. It's really nice. The sanitation is very good. My mom doesn’t participate in many activities, but they do offer activities, and they offer transportation to doctors and to shopping.

June 25, 2014

By Charlotte17

We went as a group, and the visit was very good at Somerby. It was excellent. It was fantastic. The staff was very nice. I liked the general ambience, though it was a little expensive.

October 25, 2013

By Caring72024650

Somerby at St. Vincent's One Nineteen is just a very loving and kind place. It's beautiful. The personnel were very professional. My mom has been there for a month and a half now.

March 15, 2013

By EldrCare_Advocacy

Recently visited a client/friend at this facility. I am in the business therefore I know virtually every senior place in town. Never have I been more impressed with the food, the outgoing and obviously happy seniors living there. The surroundings are welcoming - not stuffy or too formal. The staff called everyone by name and seemed to know details about my friend/client. I wish it was not so far on Hwy 280 but I can see it would be worth the extra drive time. I have since referred another client of mine who is now set to move in. They also have assisted living and a memory area. Definitely worth a visit.

December 22, 2012

By VDT

The facility is clean, the faculty are always pleasant and helpful, the nursing staff is prompt with medications and interventions. I have eaten there several times and can personally vouch for the food quality, which is much better than typical cafeteria eating. Each floor in the building i frequented had a large, open area for activities such as reading, card games, or puzzles. We also used the shared space for her birthday parties, which easily accommodated 7-8 family members with room to spare. There are always activities posted in the elevator such as water aerobics, bingo, movie nights, etc. to keep everyone active and engaged. The rooms she has been in there are all nice and clean with fresh carpeting and hardwood floors. Privacy is always respected as the staff always knocked and were very respectful, but whenever there were medical issues, the staff was prompt in detecting the problem and alerting the paramedics. You get what you pay for.

November 22, 2012

By jhyderx

Caring, friendly and competent employees and staff. Excellent food. Programs to benefit all. Warm and inviting decor, yet each individual room may be furnished and decorated to please the occupant by his/her family.

July 29, 2012

By fisherman3333

The home was nice. There were certain amenities that fit our needs very well. The fact that it was independent living was a plus. We do not need to pay for individualized care. If there is a medical emergency, we are right next to the hospital. On the fun side of things, they had everything from a pool table to a movie theater to a workout facility. I do not see how anyone can get bored at this facility! There is no reason to leave for any need. Since my father is an avid fisherman, the stocked pond is a definite plus. The staff was very nice and helpful. The no upfront fee is great if you are strapped for cash. Electricity, water, pest control and long distance phone service is all included in the monthly bill. In all, I would recommend this facility to anyone who is looking in the market.

Independent Living Reviews for Somerby at St. Vincent's One Nineteen

January 12, 2014

By Mike39

My parents are at Somerby. We chose this facility because it's close to where they lived before. The rooms are a little bit small, but just enough for both of them. The staff are very, very friendly. The people that lived there are also very friendly. The food is very good and my parents love it. They have a movie theater room where they show movies. They have a library which the residents could check out books and have internet anytime. They have a puzzle room that they could put puzzles together. They have activities where they go to certain places like the zoo. The people seemed to be happy there, so that's good.

September 26, 2013

By jhyderx

Somerby at St Vincent's One Nineteen is excellent. The staff is friendly and the food is excellent. We have activities every hour of the day, like exercises, dancing, crafts, music, bible studies and we also have worship service on Sundays. We have bus transportation to the local shopping centers and they can take us on trips around. They also have a car to take to us to doctor's appointments. They have everything we need.

Costs for Somerby at St. Vincent's One Nineteen

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt
  • Vegetarian

• About Somerby at St. Vincent's One Nineteen

Our mission is to inspire and nurture successful aging each and every day, and we encourage every resident of our active rental retirement community to reach out and grab more of life while they keep control of their future. Located on the campus of and in partnership with St. Vincent's One Nineteen Health & Wellness Center, our programming centerpiece, Masterpiece Living, partners with the Mayo Clinic for an exclusive, groundbreaking approach to wellness.

We also offer independent living apartment homes and villas, private assisted living and memory care residences, and respite accommodations all on site, a no-entry fee approach, all-inclusive pricing and valuable health care benefit worth hundreds of dollars if care is ever needed. Plus, true maintenance-free living surrounded by resort-style services and amenities, and a wide variety of activities to keep you active, engaged and healthy.

We call it The Somerby Spark, and it ignites the difference between our active retirement lifestyle and anything else.

Map of Somerby at St. Vincent's One Nineteen