Rocky Ridge

Reviews of Rocky Ridge

Independent Living Reviews for Rocky Ridge

June 23, 2021

By P.C.

I liked the floor plan and the amenities offered by Rocky Ridge. The room was laid out nicely and they had a nice patio. The place needs updating, and they're doing that already. Hunter was friendly to us, but before we met him, we saw the receptionist and another gentleman looked kind of irritated about something that was going on with one of the residents. I thought that didn't seem to be appropriate. I'm not trying to judge them just for that because I don't know what the situation was, but we were standing there and waiting for a tour, but Hunter made that better. He couldn't have been any nicer and friendlier.

May 11, 2021

By Lee

We went to Rocky Ridge, and mom really liked it. They had balconies, and she really wanted that, but she just couldn't afford it on her income. The rooms were really nice. One thing I liked is that people who come from out of town to visit can have a room where they can stay. They have a guest room like a hotel room for them to be able to stay. The staff was great, and he followed up very well with me until I basically said we can't afford it. He attended to anything that I needed. You could tell all the staff members were happy to work there. The dining was right there in front, and half of it was closed off because of COVID. It was a nice place, and I would recommend it. I would like to go there myself if I needed to be somewhere. It was very clean and very well lit. The halls were all lit like a grand atrium, which was nice. The staff was good. I didn't see everything, but I liked what I saw.

March 17, 2021

By Allison

We chose Rocky Ridge for my dad because he has some independence there, they have plenty of help, and he's able to bring his dog with him. They're very courteous, pleasant, and nice. The place is clean, and I have no complaints at all. Before he moved in, they got some new flooring put in, and they did all the specifications, like which colors he wanted, or what type of flooring in the unit. The food seems likeable too, and the value is very good.

March 10, 2021

By Nathan

I was very impressed with Rocky Ridge in Hoover. It was a very pleasant experience. The staff were all super friendly and very engaging. The facility was quite well kept and clean, and maintenance was being done regularly. It seemed like they would be very accommodating on changes that we needed within the unit itself. I was pleased with it. One of my concerns was it seemed like there were some spaces that were a little bit longer to travel for an older resident, like to try to go down, so if you have mobility issues, it may be a little bit of a challenge. While it was very well kept, you could tell it was a little older facility. The staff seemed very pleasant. The place seemed clean, everything seemed recently painted and kept up, and there were no stains on the carpet. They all seemed pretty nice.

January 21, 2021

By Donald

Rocky Ridge was really good. We had an unscheduled appointment walk-in, but they treated us very nicely, and they were able to show us around. We were impressed with the appearance of the facility altogether. The staff was excellent. We didn't have lunch, and they told us about the Covid situation and the limitations that they had. We didn't want to do lunch if they invited us anyway because of that. We weren't particularly looking for any of the amenities. My mom is very sedentary, and she doesn't get involved with a lot of activities. What I like more than anything was the townhome experience with it.

December 22, 2019

By Mitzi

I was not crazy about Rocky Ridge. It reminded me a little more of a hospital. The apartments were really small, and the opening in the back for those I saw had nothing there; it was just shrubbery. There wasn't a space. The staff member showed me straight to the rooms and straight out. But it was very safe and smelled really clean. I just felt that the rooms need updating; they were really small and had very old carpets, old blinds, and were generally very outdated.

Hi Mitzi, we appreciate you giving us the chance to improve by providing us with this feedback. We will take this feedback and look for ways to better our community for residents and team members. We are happy you felt that our community was safe and clean! We hope for the opportunity to see you again, our team would be happy to work with you. Thank you

June 15, 2019

By Jack

I toured Rocky Ridge. I was very interested in their facility, and I liked everything they had. They fit my needs, the staff seemed to be nice, the place seemed to be well organized, and it seemed to offer a lot of benefits for the person staying there. I did not see any indication I was concerned about. They gave my cousin some special attention and brought some people in for activities. Since it’s a smaller community, it seemed to offer special more attention than the ones that were larger and had many patients to take care of. They brought in some outside entertainment, had some people come over from churches and visit, and would play card games. It was the best one among the ones I looked at.

February 14, 2018

By A Visitor

Rocky Ridge is considered independent living, but I like that they have an on-site homecare company that can provide specific additional services. They allow you to stay in independent living and age in place, plus you don't have to pay for a minimum number of hours (as opposed to having homecare in your home). The place itself is OK, I just didn't like that they have a smoking area. The staff members were very friendly, accommodating, and seemed to be good.

August 21, 2017

By Wanda

The apartments at Rocky Ridge are roomy. My friend has a studio which has a private outdoor patio, and a kitchenette with a refrigerator and cabinets. They have people who come in to entertain the residents, like musicians and dancers. My friend is still very active at 78, and he felt a little isolated because he didn’t have anybody to talk to there. They provide good food and have a chef there. The dining area has a grand piano which is very nice. It is restaurant style and they give you a choice of four entrees a day. It is an independent living place, but you could still stay if you need more care because they have home health agencies in the building, and you pay ala carte for each service that you need.

November 23, 2016

Rocky Ridge was clean and neat. The people were cordial. I talked to several of the residents there, and they seemed to be quite happy and were very friendly. They had a third party vendor that supplied step-ups and care at an increasing right. I liked that fact that it was on site 24/7. You could buy anything at a fair price and buy a la carte. I remember some ladies playing cards, and they had an activity room there. They had a chapel. They served three meals a day.

August 22, 2016

By Kat D.166864

Rocky Ridge was our least favorite. It was very rigid as far as the mealtimes were concerned, which was not appealing to us because we like flexibility of mealtimes. You have to be there at a certain time to eat your meals and that was it. It was independent living, but they didn’t have kitchenettes, just a refrigerator and a microwave but no stove. There was no laundry in the room; it was in the hall. They were just very dated. I think they need to do some improvement with that as far as aesthetics were concerned. I like the fact that they had their managers live on-site, so that was a very positive thing for that community. They were there 24 hours.

July 27, 2016

By Grace544631

I have visited Rocky Ridge and found it to be very large. When I walked in, I felt like I was in a big hotel, but it wasn’t what I was looking for. I feel like it’s so big and spread out. They were not able to provide the level of care that I needed. They were very polite and very professional but asked for a very large fee upfront in order to move the resident there.

April 06, 2016

By Renee35

I really liked Rocky Ridge and would probably choose it over the other place that we visited, if not for the location. It seemed like there were a lot of activities in the facility to do as well as lots of outings. The person that took me around showed me everything. The rooms were a little bigger than normal and some included an outdoor space.

January 23, 2016

By boomer123

This community is excellent my mom has lived there for over a year now and she loves it. The staff treat her like family and the community is clean and well maintained. I highly recommend.

November 21, 2014

By Caring96391950

Mom was at Rocky Ridge Retirement which was an independent living facility. It was clean and nice. And I also like that it was near my home. It was OK at first, but the food was horrible.

Hello, thank you for taking the time to rate and review our community. We appreciate you sharing this feedback.

July 31, 2014

The rooms at Rocky Ridge were clean. They had good activities. They had different types of games that the residents could play and different types of entertainment coming in at different times --either on weekends or during the week. They provide free transportation -- they take residents to the doctor and back, or to buy groceries and to other stores. It was pretty good for the price. The staff seemed to be very knowledgeable.

November 20, 2013

By Joan36

My mom moved to Rocky Ridge Retirement and she's very happy there. We are happy that the staff is excellent and the room is spacious.

July 11, 2012

By ErgoDyne

The amenities and the staff are excellent. They have planned events every night of the week. My grandmother loves to dance and this facility hosts weekly dances. Her room is wonderful, with a nice view of the scenery from her porch and windows. If she's feeling lonely, she can simply walk into the hall and head to the dining room or the activity room and find someone to talk to or play games with. The nursing staff are attentive to her needs and I feel she's well cared for here. Everyone's been super friendly and the food is excellent.

July 28, 2011

By The Sicilian Girl

I first visited this facility as an singer with an entertainment group from a local Church. We are always treated with much respect and even asked to join them for lunch being served. We were asked to visit for a Mardi Gras Party which my husband and I did. We sing at about 20 retirement homes a year and this is the only one which has even offered us a glass of water which I think was very classy. We were seriously thinking of moving my mother in law from another facility but she wanted to just downsize apartments and stay where she is/ The staff members called me periodically to see if we had made a decision and when we told them of it, they were as nice as though we had told them we were taking their most expensive apartment. I would seriously consider this as a home when my husband and I decide to give up our house

Questions about Rocky Ridge

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Rocky Ridge. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Rocky Ridge offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Rocky Ridge exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Rocky Ridge offer to independent living residents?

If Rocky Ridge accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Rocky Ridge work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Rocky Ridge

Photos of Rocky Ridge

Services and Amenities of Rocky Ridge

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered, Garage, Private

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Rocky Ridge

Rocky Ridge is located in Hoover, AL, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Rocky Ridge for a visit...and stay!

Map of Rocky Ridge