Rocky Ridge

Reviews of Rocky Ridge

Independent Living Reviews for Rocky Ridge

August 22, 2016

By Kat D.166864

Rocky Ridge was our least favorite. It was very rigid as far as the mealtimes were concerned, which was not appealing to us because we like flexibility of mealtimes. You have to be there at a certain time to eat your meals and that was it. It was independent living, but they didn’t have kitchenettes, just a refrigerator and a microwave but no stove. There was no laundry in the room; it was in the hall. They were just very dated. I think they need to do some improvement with that as far as aesthetics were concerned. I like the fact that they had their managers live on-site, so that was a very positive thing for that community. They were there 24 hours.

July 27, 2016

By Grace544631

I have visited Rocky Ridge and found it to be very large. When I walked in, I felt like I was in a big hotel, but it wasn’t what I was looking for. I feel like it’s so big and spread out. They were not able to provide the level of care that I needed. They were very polite and very professional but asked for a very large fee upfront in order to move the resident there.

April 06, 2016

By Renee35

I really liked Rocky Ridge and would probably choose it over the other place that we visited, if not for the location. It seemed like there were a lot of activities in the facility to do as well as lots of outings. The person that took me around showed me everything. The rooms were a little bigger than normal and some included an outdoor space.

January 23, 2016

By boomer123

This community is excellent my mom has lived there for over a year now and she loves it. The staff treat her like family and the community is clean and well maintained. I highly recommend.

November 21, 2014

By Caring96391950

Mom was at Rocky Ridge Retirement which was an independent living facility. It was clean and nice. And I also like that it was near my home. It was OK at first, but the food was horrible.

Hello, thank you for taking the time to rate and review our community. We appreciate you sharing this feedback.

July 31, 2014

The rooms at Rocky Ridge were clean. They had good activities. They had different types of games that the residents could play and different types of entertainment coming in at different times --either on weekends or during the week. They provide free transportation -- they take residents to the doctor and back, or to buy groceries and to other stores. It was pretty good for the price. The staff seemed to be very knowledgeable.

November 20, 2013

By Joan36

My mom moved to Rocky Ridge Retirement and she's very happy there. We are happy that the staff is excellent and the room is spacious.

July 11, 2012

By ErgoDyne

The amenities and the staff are excellent. They have planned events every night of the week. My grandmother loves to dance and this facility hosts weekly dances. Her room is wonderful, with a nice view of the scenery from her porch and windows. If she's feeling lonely, she can simply walk into the hall and head to the dining room or the activity room and find someone to talk to or play games with. The nursing staff are attentive to her needs and I feel she's well cared for here. Everyone's been super friendly and the food is excellent.

July 28, 2011

By The Sicilian Girl

I first visited this facility as an singer with an entertainment group from a local Church. We are always treated with much respect and even asked to join them for lunch being served. We were asked to visit for a Mardi Gras Party which my husband and I did. We sing at about 20 retirement homes a year and this is the only one which has even offered us a glass of water which I think was very classy. We were seriously thinking of moving my mother in law from another facility but she wanted to just downsize apartments and stay where she is/ The staff members called me periodically to see if we had made a decision and when we told them of it, they were as nice as though we had told them we were taking their most expensive apartment. I would seriously consider this as a home when my husband and I decide to give up our house

Costs for Rocky Ridge

Photos of Rocky Ridge

Services and Amenities of Rocky Ridge

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered, Garage, Private

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Rocky Ridge

Rocky Ridge is located in Hoover, AL, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Rocky Ridge for a visit...and stay!

Map of Rocky Ridge