Rittenhouse Village At Hoover

Reviews of Rittenhouse Village At Hoover

Assisted Living Reviews for Rittenhouse Village At Hoover

August 21, 2017

By Leslie

Rittenhouse Village at Hoover is the best facility we've got here in Birmingham for people with dementia. So far, they’ve been really good to Mom and she's getting used to the place. I called the other day after lunch and she was playing Bingo. The place is relatively new, nice, and clean. They seem to care about my mom and her welfare. They get her out of her room and provide her three meals a day plus snacks. When I met the chef, he told me that if Mom didn’t like what they are serving, he will fix something else, and he has done that a couple of times already. I've talked to the staff mainly on the phone and they were all very friendly. Lauren, the coordinator, has been very helpful. They’ve got a nice dining area and living area. Mom can go outside and sit because it is a locked community, so it's secure.

July 18, 2017

By the observer

A family member was recently placed in this facility. I am concerned about weekend care as they run on a "skeleton crew". The plumbing was clogged all weekend. It was deplorable to say the least. Two days later the toilet was stopped up again. Weekday, daytime staff has been kind and helpful. But forget the weekends. Baths are on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. No doctor available for consult unless one is fortunare enough to catch him on Wednesday's only. Be aware. Ask questions! Great sales pitchers.

December 20, 2015

By Alice118051650

Rittenhouse is a single-level, small place with about 85 apartments. They are very caring to my dad, and, so far, we are very impressed with the staff and the food. We don't have any complaints. The room is quite large, they have a lovely dining room and several common areas for the residents to socialize and do things. It was recently purchased, but the staff and the management are still the same. They had a Thanksgiving, potluck dinner for all of the residents and a couple of Christmas parties for the residents and family members.

October 31, 2014

Actually we thought we had a bad experience at Rittenhouse. We were under the impression that when we went, our 94-year old aunt would be supervised and watched. She had a couple of falls and had abscess in her legs. Aunt said the food was good. The dining area was large and roomy.

February 06, 2014

By lyssaszoo

My mother lived here temporarily, while she was waiting for a spot in memory care with her husband at another nearby facility. I was very impressed with most of the PCAs, as they generally were kind, attentive and patient with the residents' needs. The receptionists were very helpful as well. However, the building itself looks fairly run-down and dated; the entryway feels very institutional, with residents almost constantly sitting by the door as if hoping to leave. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of activities other than watching TV and the occasional bingo or sing-a-long, so I found that many residents often just sit around looking bored and/or getting agitated. Perhaps they need more staff. At one point, Mom's toilet was clogged - I offered to fix it myself if they had a plunger, but they said they'd take care of it...finally after three days, someone fixed it. Given Mom has incontinence issues, this was a fairly important/urgent fix. I also noticed many residents calling out for assistance from their rooms and it took a very long time for anyone to check on them. I'm very grateful our Mom had the PCAs she did, because I don't know that everyone got the attention (and it made me wonder if they only did it because I was there).

January 11, 2014

By Klimbaugh

The staff was very friendly. I did not feel pressured into a decision. This facility has multiple doctors and caretakers on site.

May 03, 2013

By Caring 8331

I'm going to move into the Oaks. The rooms and the food were good, and the staff was nice.

Services and Amenities of Rittenhouse Village At Hoover

• Nurse On Staff: Onsite 24/7

About Rittenhouse Village At Hoover

Rittenhouse Village At Hoover is a senior living provider in Hoover, Alabama that offers residents Assisted Living, Assisted Living, and Adult Day Care. Contact Rittenhouse Village At Hoover for more details on services and rates.

Map of Rittenhouse Village At Hoover