Rittenhouse Village At Hoover

Rittenhouse Village At Hoover (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Rittenhouse Village At Hoover

Memory Care Reviews for Rittenhouse Village At Hoover

October 31, 2014

Actually we thought we had a bad experience at Rittenhouse. We were under the impression that when we went, our 94-year old aunt would be supervised and watched. She had a couple of falls and had abscess in her legs. Aunt said the food was good. The dining area was large and roomy.

February 06, 2014

By lyssaszoo

My mother lived here temporarily, while she was waiting for a spot in memory care with her husband at another nearby facility. I was very impressed with most of the PCAs, as they generally were kind, attentive and patient with the residents' needs. The receptionists were very helpful as well. However, the building itself looks fairly run-down and dated; the entryway feels very institutional, with residents almost constantly sitting by the door as if hoping to leave. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of activities other than watching TV and the occasional bingo or sing-a-long, so I found that many residents often just sit around looking bored and/or getting agitated. Perhaps they need more staff. At one point, Mom's toilet was clogged - I offered to fix it myself if they had a plunger, but they said they'd take care of it...finally after three days, someone fixed it. Given Mom has incontinence issues, this was a fairly important/urgent fix. I also noticed many residents calling out for assistance from their rooms and it took a very long time for anyone to check on them. I'm very grateful our Mom had the PCAs she did, because I don't know that everyone got the attention (and it made me wonder if they only did it because I was there).

January 11, 2014

By Klimbaugh

The staff was very friendly. I did not feel pressured into a decision. This facility has multiple doctors and caretakers on site.

May 03, 2013

By Caring 8331

I'm going to move into the Oaks. The rooms and the food were good, and the staff was nice.
See all Memory Care reviews (8) See fewer reviews

• Exercise
  • Meal Preparation

• State Licenses: P3701

About Rittenhouse Village At Hoover

At Rittenhouse Village At Hoover, we understand the challenges people with dementia face. When your loved one enters our memory care community, our goal is to guide them along a journey of discovery in all they do. Our nurses and certified nurse assistants, with ongoing education and specialized training in caring for memory diseases, chart a course of exploration for them that touches on various important aspects of life. Our program is designed to rebuild and preserve that which their affliction has taken from them. From quality meals to personalized care and attention, you can rest easy knowing your family members are in the best hands, receiving the best care. You have our word on it.

Memory Care Program: An Exploration of Discovery

Discover Independence, Confidence and Self-Esteem by:

• Celebrating each small success one at a time
  • Encouraging active participation in all activities of daily living
  • Focusing on strengths rather than limitations
  • Promoting physical exercise, stimulating mental activity, and helping to maintain social and religious contacts

Discover Dining Delights by:
  • Providing nutrient-dense gourmet meals to promote overall good health
  • Encouraging active participation in dining with assistance provided as needed
  • Serving meals in a calm and quiet environment at the same time each day, allowing residents to focus on eating
  • Providing “Food on the Run” for residents who are no longer able to focus on mealtime or frequently wander

Discover Fun and Engaging Activities by:

• Providing purpose-driven activities in small groups or on a one-to-one basis
  • Gearing activities to residents’ present abilities and time of day
  • Providing activities that are noncompetitive, failure-free, and age appropriate
  • Planning activities that match residents’ attention span

Discover Friendships and Belonging by:

• Providing active participation and support in personal care activities to maintain maximum sense of control and independence
  • Promoting personal care activities because they define how a person is personally perceived by their peers, family and friends
  • Encouraging work/productive activities to provide a sense of personal success and worth
  • Providing play/leisure activity to promote friendships and pleasure

Features & Amenities

• Three delicious chef prepared meals daily and snacks
  • Full calendar of social and recreational activities
  • Weekly housekeeping and linen service
  • Complimentary scheduled transportation
  • Professional Team Available 24 hours a Day
  • Emergency Call Response System
  • All Utilities Except Phone
  • Additional Health and Wellness Services Available

We give our residents individualized care and impeccable service so they can live carefree and content. We are all family here.We give our residents individualized care and impeccable service so they can live carefree and content. We are all family here!

Our one-story community is built in circle, so residents are able to move about the building freely. We also have an outdoor courtyard that our residents enjoy!

Map of Rittenhouse Village At Hoover