Truewood by Merrill, Riverchase

Reviews of Truewood by Merrill, Riverchase

Assisted Living Reviews for Truewood by Merrill, Riverchase

August 30, 2018

By Gemma

River Highlands of Birmingham was excellent. We liked everything about it. The people were friendly. When you walk in, there was someone at the reception desk. Everything was clean. It was more like a nice hotel; it was very nice. They have lots of activities. I would have loved to have my cousin go there, but we decided it was more than he could pay at this time. The location was great. It was just right up the road from where we live. The people were very nice. They have a media center, a TV room where they watch movies, a café where they can come and order their food from a menu, a small library, and a small garden in the back where you can go and sit out and commune with nature. Their rooms were nice and large. The bathrooms were large. They have a big closet, which is also awesome. They have a big calendar with events; it was like a newsletter that they give out every week. They take trips to Wal-Mart or Target. It was a great place. The person who helped me was actually filling in that day, but she was knowledgeable. Just looking at the menu, it was great. The place itself was very well maintained.

August 13, 2018

By GS

River Highlands of Birmingham is large. The people are nice, but the place is institutional. The dining room was just a bunch of long tables and a buffet. The staff was very friendly, nice, and showed me around.

March 29, 2018

By Harry

River Highlands of Birmingham is part of a large assisted living area. It was modern and much more expensive than the other community. It's probably worth it for the location and for the nice things they have there. We went specifically through the memory care; I like its layout. The dining area was very modern, very updated, and very clean. The person who accommodated me was very helpful and very knowledgeable. She had only been there for a few weeks at that time, but she had a lot of experience in assisted living.

November 09, 2016

By concerned husband285551

River Highlands is a nice place, I liked it, and I was impressed. When you walk in, there’s a big room that’s well decorated. They’ve got courtyards. The memory care wing is under renovation and is not yet completed, so I had to take out my reservation.

July 27, 2016

By Edwina361245

River Highlands of Birmingham was a beautiful facility with a beautiful garden outside. The rooms were nice and spacious. The whole facility area was nice. The cost was high for us, but it was very nice. The staff was very knowledgeable about what we needed, very kind, and interested to know the type of person that they're trying to provide for. It was a good experience.

Memory Care Reviews for Truewood by Merrill, Riverchase

Costs for Truewood by Merrill, Riverchase

Photos of Truewood by Merrill, Riverchase

Services and Amenities of Truewood by Merrill, Riverchase

About Truewood by Merrill, Riverchase

The private assisted living apartments and specialized dementia care suites at River Highlands are nestled in an inviting, comfortable and homelike atmosphere connected by stimulating social spaces, a gorgeous dining room and beautifully landscaped courtyards. We have safe, reliable transportation services close to the vibrant Theater & Arts District, favorite shops, sports and entertainment venues, restaurants, parks and more. Our services include 24/7 licensed care- Three nutritious and delicious meals/snacks daily, housekeeping and laundry services, planned activities and outings, move in assistance, scheduled transportation, restaurant style dining, library with fireplace, central activity room, fitness studio, landscaped interior courtyard, raised flower and vegetable planting beds, covered veranda, private event room, and salon and spa services.

Our staff and residents become family - we have a home like environment with lots of love and compassion. Our care team provides assistance with love, dignity and respect to our residents.

Map of Truewood by Merrill, Riverchase