Shelby Ridge Nursing Home

Reviews of Shelby Ridge Nursing Home

Nursing Home Reviews for Shelby Ridge Nursing Home

April 14, 2018

By Duke2.0

I recently visited this nursing home as my grandfather was put in the Rehab section. Let me also share that I was a CNA at a long term/Rehab facility for 2 years and also did in home care. With that being said, I know how a nursing home is suppose to look and what is suppose to go on in one. This facility is awful! I wouldn't admit a cockroach. Upon arrival, I noticed around 5 or 6 call lights going off as well as an emergency light. After an hour I walked to the nurses station to get a nurse to come in and look at my grandfather. The same lights were going off plus about 4 more. The same emergency light was going off as well. As I approached the desk, I noticed 2 nurses and about 4 CNAs sitting at the desk. They were joking, laughing, eating, playing on their phones and just having a jolly ole time. All while call lights were going off. We finally got a nurse down to see about my grandfather. His blood sugar was sky high and had been since that morning. She stated that she needed to call his doctor to see what amount of insulin she needed to give him. An hour passed and she still hadn't even attempted to call the doctor. We finally ended up taking my grandfather to a hospital because they refused to take care of him and get him the medicine that he needed. We explained to my grandfathers nurse why we were leaving and she then proceeded to raise her voice and speak very ugly to my family and I. I wouldn't recommend admitting any family member here. It seems as though the nurses and CNA's don't care at all about the residents.

October 03, 2017

By J. Smithinson

Shelby Ridge is very out dated its oxygen machine is very noisy and you move it around on wheels. The beds are from the 1970 with metal rails. I wouldn't recommend this place.

June 10, 2016

By Debra851736

I think the service at Shelby Ridge Nursing Home is good. I guess the food is okay. He's eating most of it. I don't think they keep the building in great repair. I noticed that there were a lot of painting that needed to be done, and the walls are kind of beat up in his room. I am kind of disappointed with the way things look when I was there. The staff was very nice.

Services and Amenities of Shelby Ridge Nursing Home

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Shelby Ridge Nursing Home

Shelby Ridge Nursing Home is a senior living provider in Alabaster, Alabama that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Shelby Ridge Nursing Home for more details on services and rates.

Map of Shelby Ridge Nursing Home