Chandler Health & Rehab Center

Reviews of Chandler Health & Rehab Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Chandler Health & Rehab Center

October 26, 2013

By bosslady

They seem to be a terrible place they do not have let out chair.For a family member to sleep in or a caregiver that's with a patient overnight.We never seen a doctor with in the 20days we were there.Some Saturday the dnt get therapy as they suppose to.You have to ask several times about a bath or your family members. Its such a sad facility. There was only one housekeeper that cleaned the rooms an bathroom as they are suppose to an patients share bathrooms with no showers in them so if you are staying with clients or family no wear for you to get a hot shower.There not on a schedule for therapy.They just know sometime or another they should go .

April 04, 2012

By Kevin1

This assisted living center is for people that have a difficult time living on their own. Although residents are free to leave, to the grocery store, ect, if it is agreed upon ahead a time. I really liked this idea and it made it seem less like a hospital type environment and more like home. Each resident has their own room and they can decorate it any way they want. Besides family pictures residents put up posters and when I was there one even had a construction paper Christmas tree on the wall and taped his Christmas cards to it. Plus small refrigerators and TVs with provided cable is allowed.Meals are served in the cafeteria or to their rooms if they have difficulty moving. Meals are different every day and a menu is handed out weekly of what is available. There is a smoking area but residents are only allowed to smoke outside with a staff member present at scheduled time throughout the day.I like some of the different halls because they had art work (many were drawn pictures from children groups) but many of the hallways were blank and plain white. Without any decoration it didn't feel as warm and inviting.I understand that hospice is often on the premises for patients that need it but I guess that is just part of it. Many family members come to visit their loved ones and I was told that many of them get picked up for church every Sunday which was really good to hear.Overall I was very impressed. Both the residents and staff were very friendly. There was a little group of ladies sitting in a circle just talking and laughing and since I was touring because I'm considering it for my mother it was nice to see smiling faces everywhere.

Services and Amenities of Chandler Health & Rehab Center

About Chandler Health & Rehab Center

Chandler Health & Rehab Center is a senior living provider in Alabaster, Alabama that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Chandler Health & Rehab Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Chandler Health & Rehab Center