About Friends of the Family Home Health Care
The premise of our company is simple, a group of trustworthy and qualified people who can provide care and offer better health care assistance in the warmth and comfort of the client's home for as long as needed.
The mission of Friends of the Family, LLC is to provide assisted living services with integrity and honesty. We constantly strive to offer the best in home health care, and we do it with a smile.
Friends of the Family is licensed, bonded and insured for added peace of mind.
Why use Friends of the Family?
- Our management answers our own phones 24/7 (no answering service or answering machines).
- Our owner is a retired police officer and former White House bodyguard (when trust is what matters most).
- We have a very unique hiring procedures (just ask us!).
- We conduct in-depth criminal background checks on all our employees.
- We put our employees first by paying a higher rate than most home health care companies.
- We don't hire employees if we wouldn't trust them to take care of our loved ones.
- We provide both medical and non-medical services.
- We call each patient and/or POA regularly, to check in.
- We mail out monthly surverys to each patient and or/POA.
- We go to the hospital upon patient admission or shortly afterwards to personally coordinate care between doctors, nursing staff, social workers and the family.
- We go to hospital/facility at discharge to faciliate an easier transition for the social worker and/or the family.
- We believe it is very important to focus on the patient and the family.
- We visit our patients on holidays.
- We value the dementia clock test and other tools to enhance patient care.
- Our services don't just stop at personal care; we also leave the patient with a sparkling clean house.
- We are a "serving people" organization. The 'home health care" part is just an added bonus.
Caregiver Skills Include:
Ethics, Validation Therapy, Patient Transfers, Stress Management, Grief Issues, Family Communication, Transition Issues, Communicating with Dementia Patients
Caregivers employed, bonded and insured:
Caregivers available 24 hours a day:
Available to assisted living facility:
RN on Staff: