Honor Home Care Review
Founded in 2014, Honor Home Care is an innovative nonmedical care provider based in San Francisco. The company uses technology and scalable workforce management strategies inspired by Silicon Valley to deliver personalized, reliable, high-touch care in a growing number of markets. The Honor Care Network, which was established in 2017, includes Care Partners in more than 800 cities in Arizona, California, Michigan, New Mexico, Ohio and Texas.
With more than $115 million in venture capital funding, Honor Home Care ranks as one of the fast-growing nonmedical companies in the industry. The company maintains a workforce of specially trained Care Pros, and it works with existing home health agencies nationwide. Similar to a franchise model, Honor Home Care supports partners by handling marketing, recruiting, payroll, client scheduling and HR tasks. Each location remains independently owned by local entrepreneurs.
Honor Home Care offers nonmedical support, including companionship, personal assistance, meal preparation, medication reminders and help with errands. Specialized service plans are available for individuals with dementia, Parkinson’s disease and chronic medical conditions, as well as those who are recovering from surgery or need short-term assistance. Both clients and industry professionals appreciate the company’s efficient business model.
What You Need to Know About Honor Home Care
- Honor Home Care was founded in 2014 and is one of the fastest-growing brands in the industry.
- The company offers nonmedical personal care, including housekeeping and medication reminders.
- Specialized service plans are available for dementia, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s patients.
- The brand’s Honor Care Network includes independently owned home care agencies, medical facilities and long-term care partners.
- Honor Home Care maintains a large workforce of specially trained Care Pros.
- Honor receives a high satisfaction rate from its Care Pros, Care Partners and clients.
What Senior Care Services Does Honor Home Care Provide?
Personal Care Services
Honor Home Care offers nonmedical personal assistance to help older adults, disabled individuals and convalescing patients with household chores, daily tasks and personal hygiene. The process starts with a Care Consult to assess each client’s needs and develop a personalized Care Plan. Caregivers are available 24 hours a day with a four-hour minimum per visit. Here are a few of the services that are included in the typical care plan:
- Light housekeeping, including help with tidying, vacuuming and laundry
- Medication reminders to help clients take the right medicine at the right time
- Companionship and friendly visits for social well-being
- Local transportation for errands, appointments and special events
- Grocery shopping, meal planning and help with cooking or eating
- Personal care, including assistance with bathing, grooming and dressing
- Incontinence care and help with personal hygiene
- Physical fitness, such as reminders for exercise or physical therapy
- Lifting and transferring as required for daily tasks
- Safety assessments and check-in visits
Select and Premium Care Plans
Honor offers two levels of care to Select and Premium customers depending on clients’ needs and the amount of weekly care they require. Clients who commit to more than 20 hours of weekly service or more than five four-hour shifts per week are eligible for Honor Premium, which includes a number of value-added benefits.
Honor Premium Care clients have access to a dedicated account manager who can address all their needs, and they can request their preferred caregiver for added consistency. New clients can schedule their first care visit in as little as 24 or 48 hours, depending on the service plan. Honor also provides tools so that clients and family members can favorite Care Pros they like and block caregivers who aren’t a good fit.
In most cases, Care Pros must have at least six months of paid experience as a certified nursing assistant, home health aide, RN or LPN. Caregivers must pass a comprehensive background check and drug test and have reliable transportation to travel to clients’ homes. According to the company, fewer than 10% of applicants meet the brand’s standards.
Honor Home Care stands out for its innovative, tech-focused business model, which is exemplified by its Honor Family care management app. Designed for Android and iOS devices, this application allows clients and family members to review and manage all aspects of their service plan. Users can schedule visits, see who will be providing care and make modifications if their needs change. The system provides pre-visit reminders and post-care surveys. Care Pros also provide a comprehensive summary after each visit that can be used for budgeting or wellness tracking. Clients with long-term care insurance receive custom reports to facilitate the claims process. Customer service representatives are available 24/7 to address questions or concerns.
Specialized Care Plans
Honor’s customized service plans are ideal for anyone who requires periodic assistance with personal care or household chores. The Honor Care Network also offers specialized services for individuals who are dealing with complex medical conditions, are recovering from surgery or need interim respite care.
Short- and Long-Term Care
- Better Living at Home provides customized care to accommodate seniors’ changing needs while supporting healthy, independent aging.
- Respite Care Plans offer short-term assistance to fill in for family members, friends or neighbors who normally provide support.
- Hospital-to-Home Plans help clients make a full recovery while reducing the risk of falls, complications and hospital readmissions.
- Ideal for hospice patients, End-of-Life Care provides compassionate support and day-to-day assistance to benefit clients and their loved ones.
- Individuals who are recovering from joint replacement surgery can turn to Honor Home Care for personalized services that comply with their doctor’s recommendations.
Chronic Disease Management
- Cancer Care Plans from Honor provide physical and emotional support to help clients manage their symptoms and keep up with daily tasks during treatment.
- Honor offers specialized services for individuals living with heart disease or recovering from a stroke. These care plans are designed to support clients’ day-to-day functioning.
- Parkinson’s Care Plans combine medication reminders and fitness guidance to help clients’ manage their symptoms.
- Honor’s Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care packages engage patients and their families as they manage progressive memory loss and related concerns.
What Are People Saying About Honor Home Care?
Since Honor Care Partners operates in more than 800 cities, services may vary by location. However, providers in the network typically focus on improving the quality and efficiency of long-term care. When it comes to scheduling, Honor Home Care stays on top of things. One client who had to fill a last-minute opening says, “They confirmed a caregiver in less than five minutes on a holiday weekend.” Another notes, “They were able to accommodate our requested hours on short notice.”
The brand’s app receives strong reviews, and most clients are happy with their caregivers. A retired teacher writes, “Their intake process was highly professional, and their business shows a high degree of organization at all levels. We love their smartphone app. The two caregivers we have had so far were excellent.”
Some clients complain about the lack of consistent caregiver assignments. This may create difficulties for individuals who have complex medical needs and require a home care aide who is familiar with their condition. Clients have reported problems with arrival delays, miscommunication and caregivers falling asleep on the job, although these issues are typically resolved promptly.
How Much Does Honor Home Care Charge for Home Care?
Home care costs vary based on several factors, including the type of services required, how often one needs assistance, and the timing of the services (i.e., overnight vs. daytime care). Where you live also has a significant impact on the cost of home care, as national chains scale their local prices to the cost of living in a given area.
When planning for home care costs, keep in mind that the national average cost is about $24 per hour, though prices in your location may be higher or lower. You can contact a Family Advisor at (800) 973-1540 to learn more about home care costs and payment options in your area.
Who Should Consider Honor Home Care?
Honor Home Care is a strong option for consumers looking for an innovative, tech-oriented long-term care partner. Since the company offers nonmedical services exclusively, it’s best for clients who receive health care through other home- or community-based providers. Additionally, Honor Home Care is a smart choice for specific groups.
- Specialized service plans are designed for individuals who need help managing chronic or progressive diseases, such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s or heart failure.
- The Honor Family Care App is ideal for loved ones seeking tech-based tools that can save time and help them stay involved in their loved one’s care no matter where they live.
- Short-term service plans provide a convenient option for individuals who are recovering from an injury, illness or surgery or who need interim respite care.
How to Get Started with Honor Home Care
Contact a Family Advisor at (800) 973-1540 for more information about Honor Home Care’s offerings in your area and to connect with a local home care provider. Our knowledgeable Family Advisors can provide one-on-one guidance to help you find the best home care service for your needs and budget, all at no cost to you. No matter where you are in the process of choosing a home care provider, a Family Advisor can help.