Homewatch CareGivers Review
HomeWatch Caregivers provides nonmedical home care services and skilled nursing care through a nationwide network of 132 independently owned and operated franchised locations. The company has been in business for over 30 years and currently operates in seven countries, including Canada, the United Kingdom and Mexico.
HomeWatch Caregivers specializes in caring for clients of all ages, including children, adults and seniors. Fully screened, bonded and insured caregivers deliver a range of customized in-home care solutions on an hourly or live-in basis to those living with chronic conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease, ALS and multiple sclerosis. Caregivers can also assist clients who need extra in-home assistance following hospitalization, as well as seniors who want to avoid placement in a long-term care facility.
HomeWatch also provides in-home nursing care. Registered nurses and licensed practical nurses deliver skilled nursing services to clients with complex medical needs. HomeWatch nurses can also perform in-home medical assessments, help develop short- and long-term care plans, and supervise unlicensed caregivers, including personal care aides and companion caregivers.
Customers praise HomeWatch caregivers for being professional, prompt and adaptable. Family members express that the caregivers and skilled nursing team are trustworthy and open to feedback.
What You Need to Know About Homewatch CareGivers
- Established in 1980
- 132 independently owned and operated franchised locations nationwide and over 70 additional locations in seven counties, including Canada and the United Kingdom
- Caregivers provide nonmedical in-home care to clients of all ages along with in-home nursing care delivered by a team of registered nurses and licensed practical nurses
- HomeWatch CareGivers is known for delivering responsive, person-centered in-home care solutions for clients of all ages and abilities
- HomeWatch caregivers complete national background and DMV checks
- Services are available on an hourly, weekly or 24-hour basis and scheduling is flexible to meet the needs of each client and their family
What Senior Care Services Does Homewatch CareGivers Provide?
In-Home Skilled Nursing Services
Homewatch CareGivers delivers skilled in-home nursing services through a team of registered nurses and licensed practical nurses. Nurses help clients with complex medical needs by:
- Performing in-home medical evaluations
- Coordinating care with doctors, therapists and nonmedical caregivers
- Creating short- and long-term care plans
- Training and supervising Homewatch CareGivers home health aides, personal care aides and certified nursing assistants
Homewatch CareGivers’ nurses can make referrals to physical, occupational and speech-language therapists in order to optimize the health and well-being of clients. In some locations, nurses may be authorized to renew prescription medications, prescribe supplemental oxygen and recommend the installation of accessibility equipment, such as wheelchair ramps, handrails and raised toilet seats.
Homewatch CareGivers are committed to helping older adults remain as independent as possible while enjoying the comfort of their own homes. Caregivers support seniors by helping with light housekeeping, meal preparation, laundry and errands.
Elder care services are geared toward the unique needs of each senior and their family and can also include personal care and companionship. Elder Care specialists are available for a single visit, regular respite care and 24-hour care.
Homewatch CareGivers elder caregivers complete extensive screening which includes national background and DMV checks. Caregivers also receive annual skills training and ongoing supervision from Homewatch CareGivers’ team of licensed practical nurses and registered nurses.
Clients are paired with caregivers who speak the same language to ensure clear communication between the client, their family and the caregiver. Homewatch CareGivers also takes the time to match clients and caregivers based on personality traits, interests and cultural backgrounds.
In-Home Child Care
One of the things that sets Homewatch CareGivers apart from other home care companies is that it offers in-home child care services. These services are designed to provide parents with reliable, fully bonded and insured child care specialists who have the skills and experience needed to support children of all ages. This may be especially helpful in multigenerational households where adult children are helping to care for elderly loved ones in conjunction with Homewatch CareGivers.
In-home child care specialists are highly qualified and background-checked on an annual basis. These caregivers can help parents who need:
- A trusted caregiver to stay with their child when the child is off school due to illness
- Provide child care coverage during school vacations and professional development days
- Fill in for their regular babysitter
- Care for children while the parents go to work or medical appointments or are busy supporting others in the household, such as elderly family members
Homewatch CareGivers can also provide customized in-home care solutions for moms-to-be and new parents. Prenatal and postnatal care experts help with day-to-day activities such as meal preparation, light housekeeping and transportation to make life easier for families.
Homewatch CareGivers’ team of memory care specialists have advanced training and hands-on experience working with people who have Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia.
Dementia care teams work with the client, their family and their medical provider to develop a customized care plan that’s designed to slow the progression of memory loss while minimizing challenging behaviors. Homewatch CareGivers understand the dynamic nature of dementia, and they have the skills needed to safely and respectfully manage the communication issues, erratic moods and uncomfortable symptoms that people with memory loss often experience.
Dementia caregivers largely work with clients in their own homes, although caregivers may also provide one-on-one services in long-term care settings, such as assisted living facilities. This may be the ideal solution for clients with memory loss who need extra support in order to remain in their current residential placement.
Chronic Condition Care
Homewatch CareGivers specializes in providing compassionate, professional in-home care for people of all ages who live with chronic medical conditions such as:
- Parkinson’s disease
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes
- Congestive heart failure
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Caregivers can also provide nonmedical and skilled nursing services to those living with cancer, lung disease, cognitive impairments and other conditions that can make managing day-to-day self-care difficult.
Personal Care Services
Homewatch CareGivers provides in-home personal care services to seniors, people with chronic disabilities and those recovering from illness or an injury who need assistance with activities of daily living.
Personal care services are tailored to the unique needs of each client, and may include assistance with:
- Bathing and/or showering
- Oral care, including denture care
- Toileting and continence care
- Medication self-administration
- Light housekeeping
- Meal planning and preparation
- Transportation to medical appointments, religious functions and visits with family and friends
- Grocery shopping and other errands
Personal care services are designed to help clients remain safe and comfortable in their home, making this level of service ideal for those who require the type of care provided in an assisted living facility, but who prefer to age in place.
What Are People Saying About Homewatch CareGivers?
Homewatch CareGivers are known for providing personalized service, and that’s something that clients and their families appreciate. One happy client who needed post-operative support wrote, “I was very pleased with my experience with Homewatch CareGivers. I recently had major foot surgery and my husband travels a lot for work, so I needed help with errands and some tasks around the house. My CareGiver was very detail focused and helpful, and even fulfilled my request to bring me my favorite Starbucks drink upon arriving the first day.”
Family caregivers noted that the respite services from Homewatch CareGivers gave them much-needed relief. The son of a late client said, “Homewatch saved the day for me. After caring for my mother, who had late state stage Alzheimer’s, by myself for two years I was physically and emotionally exhausted. The care team stepped in, organized my mom’s care schedule and provided two of the most caring, attentive and genuinely wonderful caregivers that I could have ever hoped for. The administrators were in regular contact with me to ensure our needs were being met.”
How Much Does Homewatch CareGivers Charge for Home Care?
Home care costs vary based on several factors, including the type of services required, how often one needs assistance, and the timing of the services (i.e., overnight vs. daytime care). Where you live also has a significant impact on the cost of home care, as national chains scale their local prices to the cost of living in a given area.
When planning for home care costs, keep in mind that the national average cost is about $24 per hour, though prices in your location may be higher or lower. You can contact a Family Advisor at (800) 973-1540 to learn more about home care costs and payment options in your area.
Who Should Consider Homewatch CareGivers?
Homewatch CareGivers provides a full range of nonmedical services and skilled nursing care to clients of all ages, making this company a good option for clients who have a broad range of needs. Homewatch may be ideal for those who:
- Require in-home care for chronic health conditions: Homewatch CareGivers have experience in supporting clients with complex, long-term needs related to conditions such as Parkinson’s disease, diabetes and arthritis. Clients can combine the services of nonmedical caregivers with skilled nursing care to achieve the level of support they need to remain in their own home.
- Need support following hospitalization: Adults and seniors who need extra assistance following surgery, an extended illness or serious injury can get the in-home help they need through Homewatch CareGivers.
- Want in-home child care services: A reliable, skilled and bonded in-home child care provider can give parents time to provide assistance to aging family members. Homewatch CareGivers includes child care specialists who can care for children on a scheduled or on-demand basis.
How to Get Started with Homewatch CareGivers
Contact a Family Advisor at (800) 973-1540 for more information about Homewatch CareGivers’ offerings in your area and to connect with a local home care provider. Our knowledgeable Family Advisors can provide one-on-one guidance to help you find the best home care service for your needs and budget, all at no cost to you. No matter where you are in the process of choosing a home care provider, a Family Advisor can help.