Bluebird Homecare Review
Bluebird Homecare is a Nashville-based provider serving clients in six Southern states. The company has regional offices in several major cities across the Southeast, including Atlanta, Birmingham, Charlotte, Fort Worth, Louisville, and St. Louis. Each regional office employs approximately 300 staff members who serve customers within 30 miles.
The organization was established in 2015 when it acquired an Atlanta-based agency with nearly 30 years of experience. Since then, Bluebird has expanded by acquiring local and regional providers in other metropolitan markets. It offers nonmedical home care with an emphasis on companionship, housekeeping, meal preparation, errands, transportation, medication reminders, and personal assistance.
Staff members complete advanced training programs from the Institute for Professional Care Education in areas such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s, diabetes, developmental disabilities, post-surgical care, and end-of-life needs. Bluebird Homecare has received several best-of awards and is a member of the Home Care Association of America and several other industry groups.
Although the company is focused on regional growth, it also prioritizes staff retention by offering competitive base pay and a robust benefits package. Employees say that the care team is talented, skilled, and held to a high standard, and clients appreciate that Bluebird’s staff members aren’t just knowledgeable, dependable, and professional but feel like part of the family.
What You Need to Know About Bluebird Homecare
- Bluebird Homecare is a Nashville-based long-term care provider founded in 2015.
- The company has more than 30 years of industry experience.
- It operates offices in six Southeastern states and counting, including Georgia, North Carolina, Texas, Missouri, Alabama and Kentucky.
- Staff members provide nonmedical private-duty home care 24 hours a day.
- Bluebird is known for its advanced caregiver training programs and exceptional customer service.
- It specializes in dementia, diabetes, Parkinson’s, end-of-life and post-surgical care and offers services for individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities.
What Senior Care Services Does Bluebird Homecare Provide?
Personal Care Services
Bluebird Homecare offers a complete range of non-medical in-home services that are provided by licensed or certified staff as required by local regulations. Clients can request short-term visits or around-the-clock care depending on their needs, and individuals have the freedom to adjust or cancel their service plan at any time. Bluebird Homecare’s specially trained home care aides can provide clients with the following types of assistance:
- Companionship, which may include supervision, personal assistance, activities, friendly conversation, and social interaction.
- Personal care and hygiene, such as bathing, grooming, toileting, and getting dressed.
- Housekeeping tasks, such as washing and folding laundry, changing the sheets, doing the dishes, and performing light cleaning.
- Planning, grocery shopping, and the preparation of diet-approved meals.
- Safe transportation for errands, grocery shopping, medical appointments, and social outings.
- Medication management, such as providing reminders and requesting or picking up prescription refills.
- Household management, including paying bills, scheduling repairs or appointments, or dealing with utility providers.
Bluebird Homecare works with clients and their family members to develop a customized service plan that accommodates their needs and budget, which may be an important concern because the company only accepts long-term care insurance and private-pay clients. Individuals can sign up for several hours of service every day or every week depending on their needs. Additionally, the company offers respite care, short-term service agreements and long-term options to accommodate clients’ changing needs.
All services are provided by certified caregivers who are W-2 employees, not contractors or subcontractors. Workers must pass the company’s rigorous screening and training process. The company takes pride in hiring qualified caregivers and maintaining family-oriented business practices. Bluebird Homecare offers free in-person consultations and promises to respond to initial inquiries within one hour.
Condition-Specific Home Care
Individuals who are disabled or have a chronic medical condition may benefit from the specialized services available from Bluebird Homecare. The company invests in a variety of training programs from the Institute for Professional Care Education. These services are designed to help individuals around the house and with daily activities. Companionship services can provide valuable social interaction, while meal preparation services can help clients maintain a healthy lifestyle. Staff members employed by Bluebird Homecare are trained in the following specialties.
- Diabetes care: Staff members certified in diabetes care can provide medication or glucose testing reminders, help clients prepare healthy meals, or pick up prescriptions and medical supplies.
- Post-surgical care: Short-term service plans are available for individuals who need help with housekeeping, meal preparation, bathing, grooming, or errands while recovering at home or in a residential facility.
- Developmental disabilities care: Bluebird’s specially trained staff offers one-on-one supervision and personal assistance, including help with housekeeping, cooking, medication reminders, transportation, exercise, and recreational activities.
- Parkinson’s care: Certified caregivers who have completed Parkinson’s training from the Institute for Professional Care Education can help individuals cope with the physical and emotional challenges of living independently with this progressive neurological condition.
- End-of-life care: Bluebird Homecare isn’t a hospice agency, but it offers a variety of non-medical services, such as housekeeping, medication reminders, prescription pickups, and overnight supervision, which can help seniors and their families during the last days, weeks, or months.
- In-home memory care: Individuals who have Alzheimer’s, dementia or memory loss and need help with activities of daily living can access comprehensive services through Bluebird Homecare. Staff members who provide this assistance have completed core caregiver training and dementia-specific programs.
Although Bluebird Homecare doesn’t offer medical services, staff members can work with hospice agencies and home health nurses to coordinate their services and develop an inclusive care plan that addresses all of the individual’s needs.
What People Are Saying About Bluebird Homecare
Bluebird Homecare’s employees are happy, and clients on both the consumer and health care side rave about the customer service. One employee mentioned the wonderful people she met, “From clients who have touched my heart, all the way to the office staff who constantly work with me. The people who work for this company are just beyond amazing and they help one another out so much.”
Experienced professionals appreciate what the company has to offer. “I have been a nurse for 16 years and I have trusted multiple patients of my very own to Bluebird! The very best out there!” Clients also commend the company’s rigorous screening process. One industry professional noted, “Families feel good knowing the level of background screening performed on each caregiver. They are a go-to on my resource list in healthcare.”
Loved ones have even described Bluebird as a blessing, “I can’t say enough good things about Bluebird as it has been an answered prayer. It came highly recommended to us and has exceeded my expectations.” Another wrote, “I was impressed from my very first contact. … Mom adores Alice, talks about her frequently, and couldn’t be happier with the care she is receiving.”
How Much Does Bluebird Homecare Charge for Home Care?
Home care costs vary based on several factors, including the type of services required, how often one needs assistance, and the timing of the services (i.e., overnight vs. daytime care). Where you live also has a significant impact on the cost of home care, as national chains scale their local prices to the cost of living in a given area.
When planning for home care costs, keep in mind that the national average cost is about $24 per hour, though prices in your location may be higher or lower. You can contact a Family Advisor at (800) 973-1540 to learn more about home care costs and payment options in your area.
Who Should Consider Bluebird Homecare?
Bluebird Homecare’s stellar customer service, talented staff, and attention to detail help it stand out as a top provider in the metropolitan markets where it operates. As a nonmedical agency, it’s best for individuals whose health care needs are met by a hospice agency or local physician. Here are a few other reasons to consider Bluebird Homecare.
- Advanced training from the Institute for Professional Care Education makes Bluebird Homecare an ideal choice for individuals who have dementia, diabetes or Parkinson’s disease or need nonmedical post-surgery or end-of-life care.
- Personalized service is one of Bluebird’s many strengths. The company’s hands-on care coordinators excel when helping families and medical professionals navigate the intake process. They also have a knack for pairing clients with the right caregiver.
- Individuals who want flexibility can’t go wrong with Bluebird Homecare. As a private-pay provider, clients have the freedom to schedule as little or as much service as they need. The company accepts clients who want help with weekly housekeeping and errands, as well as individuals who need 24-hour supervision.
How to Get Started with Bluebird Homecare
Contact a Family Advisor at (800) 973-1540 for more information about Bluebird Homecare’s offerings in your area and to connect with a local home care provider. Our knowledgeable Family Advisors can provide one-on-one guidance to help you find the best home care service for your needs and budget, all at no cost to you. No matter where you are in the process of choosing a home care provider, a Family Advisor can help.