Acti-Kare Responsive In-Home Care Review
Acti-Kare Responsive In-Home Care is a franchise-model home care provider. It serves much of the country through 134 independently operating franchises. The company started operating as an in-home care provider in 2007, and it opened franchising opportunities in 2008. Acti-Kare ranks among the Entrepreneur Franchise 500.
Acti-Kare Responsive In-Home Care provides home care to seniors and others who need help to live at home. Home care providers offer assistance with activities of daily living, and they strive to help the seniors in their care stay mobile and active at home. They also provide transportation help when needed and assist with nutrition. Acti-Kare Responsive In-Home Care provides more than just senior care. They also provide pet sitting, childcare, Mommy Home Care, companionship care, recovery care, and more.
Families who have used Acti-Kare in the past appreciate the attentive care their loved ones receive. They often cite compassionate caregivers who are attentive to the needs of seniors while caring for them in their homes. Families also note that having at-home caregivers gives them peace of mind when they cannot live near their loved ones to provide support personally.
What You Need to Know About Acti-Kare Responsive In-Home Care
- Established in 2007 and launched as a franchise in 2008
- Has 134 franchises spread throughout the country
- Offers home senior care, memory care, hospice care, recovery care, childcare, pet care, and family care services
- Is known for compassionate, attentive caregivers who are specially trained to handle the needs of elderly adults and those living with memory care concerns
- Ranked among the top 500 franchises in the country by Entrepreneur.com
What Senior Care Services Does Acti-Kare Responsive In-Home Care Provide?
Personal Care Services
As people age, they sometimes struggle to take care of the basic activities of daily living, such as bathing and dressing. This decline makes it difficult for some seniors to live safely at home. Acti-Kare provides in-home personal care services to help with this.
In-home personal care services from Acti-Kare are offered with home care, respite care, and memory care services. They include help with:
- Bathing: Caregivers ensure that seniors are bathing regularly, giving assistance when needed to ensure safe and comfortable bathing.
- Dressing: Getting dressed every day helps build morale for seniors, so caregivers assist with this task.
- Grooming and hygiene: Oral hygiene, dressing, haircare, skincare, shaving, nail care, and other personal grooming needs are all tasks Acti-Kare caregivers help with.
- Toileting: Assistance with using the toilet is provided by trained and compassionate caregivers, including catheter or colostomy bag care and incontinence care
- Meal preparation: Caregivers prepare daily meals that are in line with the senior’s dietary needs and preferences.
- Walking and mobility assistance: Keeping physically active, even within the home, is important for maintaining strength and flexibility, so caregivers keep seniors moving.
For many seniors, personal care makes the difference that allows them to continue living at home, rather than needing to move into a facility with more direct care.
In-Home Memory Care
Acti-Kare has licensed, trained caregivers who focus on memory care services. They offer a signature program called Acti-Vate to seniors battling memory concerns. This program uses puzzles, art, games, crafts, and other activities to stimulate seniors mentally and emotionally. These services help seniors struggling with all types of memory care concerns, including Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia.
Through Acti-Vate, seniors can receive memory care directly in their home along with senior care services. By living at home, seniors can remain centered and comfortable even while dealing with these memory conditions.
Acti-Vate provides social engagement and interaction in the senior’s home. Caregivers receive training on honoring the legacy of the seniors in their care through positive social interactions and using storytelling or family photos to keep seniors centered and comfortable. Caregivers also help with preparing nutritious meals and administering and monitoring medications, so a senior is able to stay as healthy as possible. During their time with the family, Acti-Vate caregivers provide support for the other family members as well, helping them adjust to the changes that come with memory loss and dementia.
Recovery Home Care
Many seniors prefer to recover from surgery or an accident in the comfort of their own home, but they sometimes need additional support and help at home to recover without complications. Acti-Kare has recovery care services that provide that support during recovery.
Recovery care from Acti-Kare may include:
- Surgical dressing changes
- Medication monitoring
- Basic housekeeping
- Toileting assistance
- Turning and positioning to avoid bedsores
- Bedding and linen changes
- Meal preparation
- Assistance with eating and drinking
- Transportation to medical appointments
Trained caregivers encourage seniors to get active as quickly as possible after surgery or illness, as long as doctors agree, to speed recovery times and limit the deterioration of muscles. They also provide daily companionship to help the emotional health of seniors who are in recovery.
Companion Care Services
Sometimes seniors living at home may not need personal care or home health care services, but they do need companionship. Living alone can be very discouraging. Acti-Kare provides companionship care to help prevent loneliness and depression among seniors who are living alone.
The in-home companion care program allows caregivers to help with basic errands, light housekeeping, and meal preparation. This is ideal for seniors who are still able to take care of their personal hygiene and other activities of daily living but may need a little help with managing their everyday responsibilities. Companionship services work very well for seniors who live far from family members and need someone checking in on them from time to time.
Acti-Kare companionship care providers take the time to provide seniors with conversation during their visits. This can help prevent problems with depression that come from loneliness. Companionship care providers are also trained to watch for signs that more intensive care services may be needed, and can help families take the next step when it is time for a higher level of care.
When the time comes for families to seek comfort care for an ailing loved one, Acti-Kare provides that service in the comfort of the senior’s own home. Caring, compassionate caregivers who are trained in hospice services know how to make individuals as comfortable as possible in these difficult days. This can help families with the emotional and physical challenges of caring for someone who is in need of hospice care.
Hospice caregivers provide seniors with companionship and emotional support during hospice. They also assist with laundry and housekeeping help. When the time comes for a bath, clothing change, or linen change, caregivers are on hand to assist. These caregivers can often be found reading aloud from a senior’s favorite book. They encourage the family to spend time making memories with their loved one, rather than focusing on day-to-day care needs. After a loss, hospice caregivers help families with moving medical equipment and personal items as they move forward after loss.
Hospice services can also be used as respite services if the main caregiver is a family member. Families can call on Acti-Kare to provide temporary caregiving to give family members a break during these challenging days.
What People Are Saying About Acti-Kare Responsive In-Home Care
The peace of mind that comes with in-home caregivers from Acti-Kare is something clients and their loved ones appreciate. Knowing that someone is checking on and caring for a senior loved one helps families who cannot be there daily relax. One says, “Moving so far away was very difficult. I can now sleep at night knowing that my mother is safe.”
The caregivers themselves and their personal attention really stand out to some clients. One says, “The caregivers from Acti-Kare have been kind, caring, reliable, thoughtful, and careful.” Compassion and attentiveness improve the overall caregiving experience for clients. One brother of a senior says, “Some of the caregivers went well above and beyond their role, even bringing my brother home-baked treats!”
Overall, the caregivers through Acti-Kare are known for giving care that encourages seniors to remain independent and helps protect their dignity. They are responsive to suggestions from family members and supportive of the family as well as the seniors in their care.
How Much Does Acti-Kare Responsive In-Home Care Charge for Home Care?
Home care costs vary based on several factors, including the type of services required, how often one needs assistance, and the timing of the services (i.e., overnight vs. daytime care). Where you live also has a significant impact on the cost of home care, as national chains scale their local prices to the cost of living in a given area.
When planning for home care costs, keep in mind that the national average cost is about $24 per hour, though prices in your location may be higher or lower. You can contact a Family Advisor at (800) 973-1540 to learn more about home care costs and payment options in your area.
Who Should Consider Acti-Kare Responsive In-Home Care?
Seniors who wish to continue living independently at home but who need some help with daily living activities can benefit from services from Acti-Kare. This company’s services work well for individuals who need:
- Personal care: Trained caregivers assist with daily care needs, including everything from bathing and dressing to managing medication. Acti-Kare provides personal care services with compassion and respect.
- Memory care: Seniors living with Alzheimer’s or dementia can continue living at home safely with the help of memory care-trained caregivers at Acti-Kare. Caregivers are equipped to provide professional care with an understanding of the unique demands of those living with memory conditions.
- Hospice support: Seniors living with a terminal diagnosis may prefer to stay at home under hospice care rather than staying in a hospital or clinical setting. Acti-Kare makes it possible for families to care for their loved one’s needs safely at home with the help of hospice trained caregivers. This can allow families some special time with their loved ones.
How to Get Started with Acti-Kare Responsive In-Home Care
Contact a Family Advisor at (800) 973-1540 for more information about Acti-Kare Responsive In-Home Care’s offerings in your area and to connect with a local home care provider. Our knowledgeable Family Advisors can provide one-on-one guidance to help you find the best home care service for your needs and budget, all at no cost to you. No matter where you are in the process of choosing a home care provider, a Family Advisor can help.