Will Medicaid take my mom's mobile home to pay for nursing home care?

I've taken care of my mom since 2008 when my dad passed, I traveled from Ma. to R.I. everyday day. I spent more time at my moms taking care of her then I did at home since I am on SSI and was able to do this, if I wasn't there she would have been placed in a nursing home years ago but I totally devoted my life to the care of my mom's in her mobile home but at the same time I've always had an apt in Mass. I only live 5 minutes away so it wasn't hard besides the care. I have a Living Estate that goes back to August of 2009 leaving all my mother assests to me , the only thing I couldn't not do was make her leave which I would have never done anyway., all her doctors and her health care providers knew I was the one taking care of her from her doctors to the Pharmacy where I picked up her medications from 2008 and even prior to that! I also have POA. My mother recently entered a nursing home a month ago and I applied for Medicaid for her since she was incapable to do this and just about anything else. Now I am waiting for a decision from Medicaid but I still don't know if they are going to attempt to try and take what she has left me? If they decide to try I will be forced to take her out since she does not want to lose her assets to the government and I believe I have done everything in my power to take care of her for this long. Can you help me with this question since I am ready to go to the nursing homes Finacial office and try to have them find out since I've been told that I SHOULD BE ALL SET, but I don't like I SHOULD be for an answer I want to hear YOU ARE ALL SET! Thank you and anyone that could help me with is crazy nightmare!!! My mom has a 5,000 life insurance policy made out to me and her mobile home is valued at about 30,000, this is ALL SHE HAS and I have attempted to dump anything she has had since it's all mines anyway as far as property in the home! T'V's etc.etc.

Caringdenise answered...

Hello, Thank you for reaching out for information, and sharing about your caregiving experience.

Here is more information that may be helpful to you:

A government health insurance counselor may also be able to answer your questions: State Health Insurance Assistance Program

Your local Area Agency on Aging may also be able to assist you: How to Contact Your Local Area AGency on Aging

I hope these resources are helpful to you.