Which bed alarms are the best?

My elderly mother lives with my sister and has been prone to falls primarily during the night. We are looking into getting a alarm to alert my sister when our mother gets up in the middle of the night. My question is with all the products out there which one rises to the top as the best?

Chris Moore is a certified aging in place specialist (CAPS) and the founder and president of Solid Rock Enterprises, Inc. He is a contractor with more than 24 years of experience in residential construction. He specializes in using the principles of universal design to help seniors age in place in their own homes. He writes a monthly column called Housing Matters on the Senior News website.

The bed alarm that is available through Simply-Home has the capability to not only alert your sister that your mother has gotten out of bed during the night but keeps a record of how often and for how long she has gotten out of bed. In addition, you can install a whole range of other sensors that can monitor notify her throughout the day of your mother's activity level, medications, vital signs, etc. This type of system is especially useful when the caregiver is not at home all the time and the loved is alone at times during the day. The notifications are completely customizable and can go out through email, text message or phone call. For more information log on to ( http://www.simply-home.com/

I stumbled up this company that sells fall prevention alarms. Their alarms and pads come with a long warranty and they are very durable. I have used several fall prevention products in my facilities. They are generally cheap and have short lives. Check out this website, www.nursealarmsystems.com