What type of doctor treats Alzheimer's?

1 answer | Last updated: Nov 05, 2016
A fellow caregiver asked...

I strongly expect my husband has Alzheimer's. Could you please tell me if there is a specialist I can talk to about this? He seems to be very forgetful and has bouts of hunting for me or our dogs as we are right there.

Community Answers

Alycia answered...

I am certainly no expert, but my Father was referred to a Neurologist when we first suspected that he may have dementia. The Neurologist conducted cognitive testing and had my Father get a CAT scan and made his diagnosis of Alzheimer's based upon the results. I hope this helps.