What is the difference between Risperdal vs risperidone?

Tuchwyli3 asked...

A demas answered...

There is no difference between Risperdal and risperdone. Risperdone is a second generation atypical antipsychotic drug. It is sold in many countries under the trade name Risperdal.

Crazymomma~ answered...

There is a BIG difference for many. My son CANNOT take Risperidone. It is as if he is on no meds at all. He has a fast metabalism so it goes thru his body fast. He takes 10 mg of Abilify in the am and 6 mg of Risperdal in the afternoon. When he was temprorarily on risperidone he was manic. It took 3 days for risperdal to completely exit his system. So when he started on risperidone it made no difference. We switched and within 72 hrs my child was back. He was calm. Not agitated. No swearing. No violent behaviour. So PLEASE do not keep saying it is all the same.

Mamaof3boy answered...

Crazy mama my son is the opposite risperdal seemed to have little to no effect on him but switching him to risperdone along with with his vyvanse totally different child... Calm non aggressive as we both know every child is different but I agree with you 100% there is a difference.. could have a lot to do with what is going in with a child my son has autism,adhd,ptsd, ied to name a few...