What is the difference between Nasonex vs Nasacort?

Cazbwith asked...

E neira answered...

Both Nasacort and Nasonex are nasal sprays that relieve symptoms of nasal allergies. Nasacort is only used once per day, and can work within 12 hours o use. However, Nasonex is used one to two times per day and can take up to two weeks to provide relief. Also, Nasacort is safe for children between the ages of 6 and 12 while Nasonex is not.

Swjocey answered...

Actually Nasonex has been FDA approved for children as young as two years of age.

Nasonex costs over $200 and requires a prescription Nasocort is 12.98 otc

B james answered...

I think E Neira might have mixed up the names or perhaps I am using them wrong. It's easy to get the names mixed up though, happened with my doctor and I and that is how I got introduced nasonex.

I use Nasacort daily and it typically works pretty well. You have to use it daily to be effective. Now you can buy it without a prescription for ~$17/120 sprays, cheaper with a 3-pack or sale.

I use Nasonex rarely, it typically provides immediate relief (almost like using afrin). I only use it when Nasacort or I fail (occasionally I forget). It requires a prescription and yesterday retailed for $253.99/120 sprays.

was looking for the chemical compound difference between Nasonex and Nasacort can any one help NASONEX really helps me during allergy season but $200 + dollars out of pocket is abit steep for my green back poor blood thamhd

Sneezy nose answered...

Strange that Nasonex is so expensive down in USA as it sells for about $42 CDN up north in Canada. Like in the US, it's only avalaible through a doctor's prescription so I guess it's chemical composition must be quite different from Nasacort.

Nasonex can take a few days before deploying its full effectiveness and doesn't act at all as quick as Afrin. Normal dosage is usually 2 sprays in each nostril in the morning and at night.

Reneeg answered...

You can greatly reduce the price of Nasonex by going to their website and downloading a coupon and calling in the codes to your pharmacy. The coupon lasts for several months. I'm currently paying $10 for it as my co-pay using my health insurance.