(800) 973-1540

What is the difference between Nasonex vs Nasacort?

CazBwith asked...

E_Neira answered...

Both Nasacort and Nasonex are nasal sprays that relieve symptoms of nasal allergies. Nasacort is only used once per day, and can work within 12 hours o use. However, Nasonex is used one to two times per day and can take up to two weeks to provide relief. Also, Nasacort is safe for children between the ages of 6 and 12 while Nasonex is not.

Nasonex costs over $200 and requires a prescription Nasocort is 12.98 otc

B James answered...

I think E Neira might have mixed up the names or perhaps I am using them wrong. It's easy to get the names mixed up though, happened with my doctor and I and that is how I got introduced nasonex.

I use Nasacort daily and it typically works pretty well. You have to use it daily to be effective. Now you can buy it without a prescription for ~$17/120 sprays, cheaper with a 3-pack or sale.

I use Nasonex rarely, it typically provides immediate relief (almost like using afrin). I only use it when Nasacort or I fail (occasionally I forget). It requires a prescription and yesterday retailed for $253.99/120 sprays.

was looking for the chemical compound difference between Nasonex and Nasacort can any one help NASONEX really helps me during allergy season but $200 + dollars out of pocket is abit steep for my green back poor blood thamhd