What is a good medication for that pins and needles feeling?

Jerre gehris asked...

what is a good med for me and my pins and needles feeling in both of my feet? (peripheral neuropathy)

Many people with Peripheral Neuropathy (PN) have had relief with the following medications:

1) Seizure medications, like Neurontin (Gabapentin), Tegretol (Carbamazepine) 2) Antidepressants, like Cymbalta (Duloxetine)
3) Herbal medications and vitamins, like L-Carnitine and B vitamins 4) Nerve medications, like Lyrica (pregabalin) 5) Topical creams, like Capcacin 6) Pain medications like Ultram (tramadol)

Talk to your health care provider about which choices are best for you to try!

Pmgirlie answered...

This was very helpful. My Mom has PN and some days, it is very painful and she cannot walk,,,thanks for the info.

Buvusu answered...

I Have PN and use Alpha Lipoic Acid, 600mg once a day before a meal, it helps a little.

Gogrannygo answered...

I have used ropinirole 1 mg. for over a year. It was effective from the first day. I originally started with one pill a day and had to go to two when I started having problems in the daytime. My doctor said the drug is used for Parkinson's patients. My neuropathy had gotten so bad that I could hardly lie down, much less sleep.

Dorle733 answered...

Since I am taking a lot of medication already, I really don't want to add another one. So far, the pins and needles is more of a nuisance than a problem and I'm putting up with it until (if) it gets worse.