Will taking vitamins make my cancer worse?

Rosana asked...

I am 58 years old and I have Breast Cancer, Stage IIIA. I am currently not receiving any kind of treatment or any type of help but I was going to an Acupuncture Doctor until he told me that he was not going to continue on seeing me since I was not going as often as he wanted me to go and I guess he got upset and he gave me a description on how I was going to die and suffer, also he told me not to take any type of vitamins because the cancer love to take vitamins, is this true? My friends told me to take Q10. In addition, I have another question, why some doctors have to go into details on how the disease will take over my body and why some doctors can be so cruel. Thank you.

Andrew Putnam, M.D. is a Palliative Care physician at Smilow Cancer Center at Yale New Haven Hospital and Yale University.

I see no reason not to take vitamins if you think that they might help. I do not believe that vitamins should take the place of help from an oncologist, but I also do not believe it hurts to take them. Doctors can get concerned if they feel people are not seeking the best treatment they can. The words may sound cruel but they may be worried if you are not seeing an oncologist for your cancer. There may be better ways for them to explain themselves but usually they are trying to help.

I know one reason doctors can be so blunt. I have a cousin, age 41, who is fighting two cancers now, stage IV. She insisted she had a grasp of the situation. She did not and still has not. At this stage of the game, she finally agreed to get a second opinion. Her prognosis is not good, but the fact that treatment was available a year ago that could have helped her is now not an option. What can be done at this point will prolong her life but what is the point? The doctors are angry because she just would not listen. Her control issues ended up being far bigger than her common sense. My cousin will die soon. It will not be pretty either. Cancer is a horrible disease. If you need a visual comparrison, try black mold. Doctors get angry because people have no clue how cruel this disease is, not just on the patient but the family too. A reality check is often so very in order.

Courtneyll answered...

Well I was told by my oncologist told me not take vitamins while on chemo and to lower my intake of antioxidants. Now I know the reason for that is because vitamins especially antioxidants premote cell growth.....cancer is made of cells......so hence why he might have said that. Sometimes doctors dont mean to be abrupt, maybe he or she just think your not taking this seriously. I was diagnosed with stage III grade 3 metastatic cancer, 10 months ago and now am totally cancer free. So if your doctor is telling you what this "monster" will do to with out treatment known to work........he's only doing what he,I feel, has an obligation to you to do!!!!!

Rosana answered...

Thank you for the answers. But, now after reading what CourtneyII about not to take antioxidants while on chemo I am confused, I am not on chemo so do I continue on taking vitamins or not, they also said that the cancer loves vitamins so, do I take them or not. About how cruel some doctors are on talking to patients, I think that this disease is cruel enough to even take cruelty from people, I have seen what cancer can do to people, people need to be more compassionate and understanding, I think the point can be made if people will say it with love and understanding of how people that are suffering with cancer are feeling. It is hard to accept the reality of "cancer", I think I am still in denial and I continue to have Faith that everything will be OK, I am fighting this disease on my own and trying to enjoy life to the best and grasping each moment of my life to the fullest. I also believe in miracles, some people might call me crazy but, I will fight it my way. Thank you for your answers. God bless you all!!

Dontdieneedlessly answered...

Cancer cells thrive in an environment that is acidic and lacks oxygen. So if someone was to take vitamins, antioxidants, exercise, get out side in the sun would all support the immune system. A functioning immune system is needed if you have cancer. When someone is taking chemo/radiation treatments both are toxic for the body and kills the immune system. Thus, cancer treatments that don't address immune system enhancement and uses only chemodrugs (created from mustard gas during World War one...tragically, many blindly accept chemo/radiation for their cancer treatment because their doctor said it was the best way.....never doing their own research on cancer/cancer treatments. Don't trust anyone verify everything when it comes to your health. Organized cancer is a trillion dollar industry. Cancer is now an epidemic. More people are dying from their cancer treatments or from a secondary infection caused by their cancer treatment. There are effective, nontoxic cancer treatments that are far less expensive than the deadly cancer drugs available. I work as a advocate for alternative cancer treatments that are effective. I too had a personal battle with cancer and it was from my fight that my life's work is to make others aware of information I almost found too late...cancer industry is full of people that lack integrity and supress information that we all have a right to. Health care reform is a joke..cancer could be cured if health care freedom was part of the constitution....check out my website I am working on www.mainesweetfern.com God Bless you

Rosana answered...

Thank you for your answer, I will visit you on your website www.mainesweetfern.com I also believe that while doing exercise, getting sun, being positive I will keep on living I don't want to receive any kind of treatment because I don't feel that chemo/radiation is the answer at least not for me. Once again, thank you and I will definetely see your website. God bless you.

Naoma answered...

The doctor who was so cruel to tell you how you'd die and suffer should lose his license. When I had two breast cancer surgeries and no reconstruction, I was set to get radiation and my doctor said: "It will do you no good." What I did not realize he meant was that the treatment of radiation or chemo would not help me. My doctor subsequently DISAPPEARED after that and I never had any treatments nor took and medicines. It has been nearly 15 years and I am fine. Did have a facial skin cancer that was removed. HAVE HOPE.

Bigdealnick answered...

If I were you I would find a doctor to give you (depending upon weight) 50 or 100 grams of Vitamin C in 500 cc of saline or Wringer solution in a 2 to 3 hour push. Dr. Tom Levy in his book Curing the Incurable with Vitamin C, I.V. outlines treatment of a many diseases with Vitamin C infusion.

The N.I.H. in a 2004 study indicated that Vitamin C destroys cancer cells and remaining cells are not as aggressive. The report was published by Dr. Chen.

Got to: www.tomlevymd.com. See also www.Brightspot.org At the Brightspot the doctor treated his wife only with Vitamin C infusion and her breast cancer is not longer evident. She does take a once a month treatment of 50 grams.

Dr. Levy indicates that 50 gram treatment costs $150.00 and 100 gram treatment $250.00. Compare that with Chemo per treatment

You must drink a lot of water after taking the C treatment because of the destroyed tumor cells need to to be washed out of your system. The only draw back is for people who do not drink the water after a treatment. No other side affect has been noted. Get Dr. Levy's book

Broberso46 answered...

I urge you to see an oncologist immediately for guidance on your condition! If insurance is an issue, try to access the clinic of a teaching hospital in your area. You should not try to do this alone! Not all doctors are insensitive.

Bob0link answered...

I read with interest the remarks of dontdieneedl­, I found them true and a better way to treat cancer. I have been through 2 forms of cancer and am now cancer free, I also had surgery for the first (Bladder) cancer and regret it because after the surgery I was required to go to the hospital every 3 months to have new growths removed. Then I developed colon cancer and had radiation and chemo. The doctor said this shrunk the tumor and now he planned to operate. At this point I said enough. I spent a lot of time looking up information on the net and one thing I noticed in dontdieneedl­'s remarks was missing and that is that sugar feeds cancer. Someone with cancer should eliminate as much sugar from their diet as possible, like a sugar diabetic. If Rosana wants to follow a very strict yet effective diet and flush then she can do what I did and follow the advice given on the following website: http://www.canceractive.com/cancer-active-page-link.aspx?n=1107

Barbara500 answered...

For CourtneyII--Thank God you are now cancer free! I was diagnosed with breast cancer almost five years ago and went through chemo and had a mastectomy. Would you share what kind of treatment or methods were used to help you become cancer-free? I will pray for your continued good health. Love the photo, by the way! :)

For "dontdieneedlessly"--in your experience, what kinds of alternative treatments work?

I recently finished 16 chemo sessions for breast cancer and after considering my situation, decided not to pursue the 33 radiation treatments that is considered the "standard practice" for breast cancer. The radiation oncologist became rude and angry over my decision. Some doctors can be very insensitive and not very helpful to assist patients in dealing with the side affects of chemo...also, many doctors are opposed to any other type of non-tradtional treatments and become angry and unfeeling in how they express a patient's prognosis. My doctor, rather than being encouraging about my life expectancy, told me I may have a rogue cancer cell that the chemo missed and mentioned the "next time" indicating I would get cancer again. Needless to say, I am looking for another doctor but am limited due to our remote location with only 3 oncologists within a 100 mile radius. If I relied on my doctor to give me hope, I would be doomed. My hope rests with God and it sounds like you also have faith in God. I believe God uses doctors and treatment to heal us as well as miracles but ultimately, He has all the answsers. It is important to research and find out all you can about how diet, exercise and your mental state can affect your health...and do what you believe is best for you. My prayers are with you.

Dd6f70b1 answered...

you are right look at Simoncinni cancer cause and self cure on the Wikipedia he is an oncologist and since 1982 the Lord gave him the answer to cure any cancer since it is a fungus called Candida Albican and curable whit sodium bicarbonate treatment said Tullio Simoncinni,why not tray Him and live a health life?

Debra'sthoughts answered...

Hi Rosana,

I am 53 years old, grandmother of 6. I have LGL Leukemia, but on December 20 of 2010, my doctor took another blood panel and discovered my white blood count is back to normal and my lymphocytes are just a few points above normal. I have been taking Reliv - which is optimum nutrition you get in powder form, so it absorbs into your body quickly. I was on a vitamin regimen like you, but it wasn't touching the cancer. I would suggest you look into Reliv - it helped me so much and I have talked to other cancer patients who also found help with it. It's just really good nutrition - by feeding our bodies right, it gives them the chance to fight the cancer. I wish you all the best!!!

Debra

Echo answered...

Naoma---Ah, but you DID have treatment for your cancer---you had 2 surgeries. If you hadn't had those tumors removed, I highly doubt you would still be alive today! With a mastectomy, there is no need for radiation. If your tumors were small and receptor positive, you would not have needed chemo either! The difference between you and Rosana is that you had the tumors removed; she isn't even going to do that. That's what saved your life!!

Rosana, I really wish you would reconsider the surgery part of it. Even if you don't want to do the chemo and radiation at least get that tumor out of you because it WILL spread---it's just a matter of time. The longer you wait, the more the cancer will spread and the less chance that anything can be done for you.

Stilldreamin' answered...

Rosana, everyone makes their decisions for many different reasons. My prayers are with you and I hope you're feeling well at this time. I doubt that an oncologist would have been as cruel as the acupuncurist that told you horror stories. What a mean person, you stated he was mad you weren't getting as many treatments as he wanted to give you. It sounds like he was trying to get as much money out of you as he could and when you declined, he thought he'd scare you into getting the multiple treatments.