Vacation / Spas for the Elderly? Do they exist?

Docnotormaybe asked...

My mother is 83 and gets around the house pretty well on her own , but has fallen a couple of times , I want to find a rehab for her that she doesn't have to go to the hospital first to get involved with ; actually I want to find a travel venue / Health Spa for her, I think that if I invest a good sum of money at this time of her life that it will add a few more quality years that she wouldn't other wise have , Some venue where they are 'ACTUALLY ' good at handling elderly people, This would take probably most of my own retirement money ( which isn't much ), but I think well worth it ,

Donna Quinn Robbins is the author of Moving Mom and Dad and On the Road of Life, Drive Yourself. She helps individuals, families, retirement communities, and corporations make successful transitions. Robbins is an active public speaker on the topic of senior transition services and has appeared on NBC's Today Show.

If you are interested in something just for a short time you can try Elder Hostel. You could contact the Grey Panthers website or retirement communities have respite programs that might work. Good luck. Donna Robbins