Can I get pregnant after being diagnosed with uterine...

Pillboxhat asked...

Can I get pregnant after being diagnosed with uterine cancer?

Hopefloats answered...

Yes, it's possible to still have children if you have uterine cancer and getting pregnant is something you'd like to try. Of course, uterine cancer is more common in postmenopausal women, but if you are a younger woman, you can discuss your options with your doctor. I heard that it's possible to have a treatment that aims specifically to preserve your fertility. And the cancer doesn't affect fertility as far as I know.

But getting pregnant is only possible if it is a low-risk form of the cancer. If it's high-risk, then doctors usually recommend removing the uterus or part of the uterus and other related organs that are or are immediately at risk of becoming cancerous.

If the cancer is low-risk, then it's possible to postpone removing the uterus until after the child is born. A treatment after this is progestin, a hormone that helps to decrease estrogen levels and therefore thin the walls of the uterus and temporarily help stop the cancer from growing. So having uterine cancer and getting pregnant is possible; it really depends on your particular situation.