Is there anything that can be done for sagging skin due to weight loss?

I am 70 years old and am losing weight. My skin has really started to sag. What is the fastest way to correct this as good as I can?

Jessica J. Krant, MD, MPH, is a board-certified dermatologist specializing in medical, cosmetic, and surgical dermatology, including Mohs micrographic skin cancer surgery. In addition to her work in private practice, Krant is assistant clinical professor of dermatology at SUNY Downstate Medical Center.

Sagging skin due to weight loss is a universal problem. When the weight loss is intentional, we want to celebrate, but end up having yet another issue to tackle. If your weight loss is not intentional, make sure you see your doctor to make sure nothing else is wrong.

Unfortunately, there are no creams or laser treatments that will shrink the skin back to the shape that would fit you better. I have recently discussed this with some colleagues and all agree the skin generally really will not shrink back to where you want it and the only real option is plastic surgery to remove the excess folds of skin. A skilled surgeon can do this in a way that hides the scars as well as possible, and makes you more comfortable under your clothes.

I hope this is helpful, though I bet it's probably not the answer you wanted to hear.