What Are the Signs That It's Time to Put Alzheimer's Patient in Assisted Living?

My mom tries to run off every home nurse who tries to help her. Want let her do what is needed most which is hygiene and a break for her husband to do necessary things (shopping, appointments, etc). Her husband appears to be getting frustrated with all this even though he is a very kind & patient man. She want allow me or daughter in laws to bath her, so she is dirty most of the time.

Hello Anonymous, Thank you for your question.

The article called "11 Signs It Might Be Time for Assisted Living" may have some helpful information about when it's time to make the move to a care community.

If you're considering moving your loved one, you can give the Caring.com's Family Advisors a call to talk about options for Memory Care communities in your area: (866) 824-8174 It's totally free. You can also learn more about services provided and search for memory care nearby through our Alzheimer's care community directory.

I hope this information is helpful to you and your family.