What is the ribbon color for bone cancer awareness?

Wordlover asked...

Sfjeannie answered...

The ribbon color for bone cancer awareness is white. The white ribbon may not be as well known as the pink ribbon for breast cancer awareness, but I've seen lots of merchandise designed to help build awareness for bone cancer. There are white ribbon pins"”and hats, shirts, and other items with white ribbon patterns. Often some of the proceeds from this kind of cancer awareness merchandise go toward cancer research. So, think white for bone cancer awareness.

Meloncollie answered...

I did find that the ribbon color for bone cancer awareness is white, but I couldn't really find a bone cancer awareness month (like breast cancer has). Although the American Cancer Society called July "Sarcoma Awareness Month."

Suzietampa answered...

Cancers that start in the bone are sarcomas, usually osteosarcoma, chondrosarcoma or Ewing's sarcoma. Other cancers may spread (metastasize) to the bone, but they are still called by their original name. An example would be breast cancer that has spread to the bones.

http://www.mdanderson.org/patient-and-cancer-information/cancer-information/cancer-types/bone-cancer/index.html

July is Sarcoma Awareness Month, and our ribbon is yellow. I'm in remission from another kind of sarcoma and I'm on the board of the Sarcoma Alliance. www.sarcomaalliance.org