what is making my pulse jump in my shoulder

Mrblack asked...

This is a difficult question, as I am not sure where you feel the pulse jumping "in your shoulder", so this makes it hard for me to figure out what is happening here. You do not list any other symptoms, so I will run throught the thoughts that entered my mind when I read your letter.

Do you feel a throbbing in your shoulder, like from pain? Is your shoulder warm or hot? Is is red and swollen? You may have a shoulder injury that is making this happen. I would get it checked out by your health care provider.

Do you feel your pulse in your shoulder? It is hard to find your pulse in your upper arm when you are an adult, but it can be done. It would be located between the elbow and shoulder. However, if you feel your pulse in the shoulder joint itself, this is not normal and I would get that checked out by your health care provider.

Do you feel a "jumping" of your pulse, like you are having palpitations or skipping heart beats? Again, the best thing to do would be to get this checked out by a professional. There are many things that can cause abnormal pulse rates, like heart arrhythmias. These can be serious problems, so if this is happening to you, I would get it checked.

Hope this helps. You can add comments after your first letter if you have anything else to add!

Stay Connected With Caring.com