How do I protect my mom but still sell her home by using online photos that show antiques and other valuables?

I worry about placing my mother's home with a realtor who will include interior shots that will show her antiques and other valuables. Removing them is not an option. How do we list her home online and still protect her?

You pose a very thoughtful and important question regarding protecting your mothers privacy and personal property while still attempting to showcase her home.

I would recommend having someone you trust work with the realtor the day s/he takes pictures to remove any identifying property before the room is photographed. Personal photos and other mementos can be temporarily taken off of dressers and walls, and then quickly put back after the room is documented.

If you or another family member cannot do this, than perhaps a personal organizer could be hired for a day or less to assist with this. Like any professional, personal organizers can be found through an estate liquidator, realtor, your local yellow pages or online (a direct referral is, of course, the best avenue to go).

If this is not an option, perhaps a caregiver or family friend can be enlisted to assist.

In terms of valuable antiques, I would again recommend removing the item from the immediate area where the photo(s) are to be taken. Your realtor should be able to assist in having strong people to help if the objects are too heavy for one person to lift. There is always the option of tastefully draping fabric or decorative cloth over a large antiquity to shield and protect the object.

Kathy Pimpan, Owner, Total Estate Liquidation, has always has an affinity for helping people help others. Assisting her mother in sorting through her father's belongings taught her how important working together is during the death of a loved one. She respects the emotional and intrinsic meaning of people's personal property while properly researching and achieving top monetary value for items under her care.

RATHER THAN ANSWERING, I AM ADDING ANOTHER QUESTION ABOUT ANTIQUES WITH RESPECT TO VALUATING ONE'S ESTATE, APPRAISALS, ETC. I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE GENERAL INFORMATION IN THIS REGARD.