How can I make this post-stroke noise in my ear go away?

Joannesh asked...

LEFT THALAMUS STROKE (HEMORRHAGIC)-mild with lots of bleeding

POST stroke symptoms: Loud noise in ear and ear pressure

Please help...the noise and pressure in my right ear is unbearable. It has been almost 4 weeks post stroke...noise constant ...Unbearable. Told it's possibly thalamic pain syndrome, but no relief from the noise. Has anyone experienced this? Thank you, kind regards

I have not heard of these particular symptoms following a thalamic hemorrhage. However, damage to the thalamus not uncommonly causes exaggerated senses on the opposite side of the body. These sensations often respond to medication - including gabapentin or amitriptyline. I would ask your doctor about starting those right away. If nothing seems to be working, you may also consider going to an Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor for evaluation of other causes of "tinnitus" in your ear. They may have some treatments of which I am unfamiliar.

I would start by checking in with a Neurologist to try the above mentioned medications. Good luck!