Need to find assisted living for elderly delusional paranoid schizophrenic

1 answer | Last updated: Sep 11, 2016
Joleen begley asked...

Husband died several years ago. Son is care giver but in her own house. She refuses medication, rarely takes shower, makes vulgar gestures and screams out. She talks to herself constantly. It is almost like she is possessed. I am concerned for her safety and others. What are our options? Her sons think she is harmless but I have been attached and threatened by her.

Community Answers

Rosar answered...

Hello Joleen, has a team of Family Advisors that may be able to assist you in finding housing options for your loved one. To reach a Family Advisor, 7 days a week, you can call (866)824-8174. You will also find a list of care options in our Senior Care Directory located at: