Is a 20 year old will still valid?

My Brother left my Mother a house in a Will she just found but the Will is maybe 20 years old. His Widow made my Mother and Father move out of the home right after my Brother died and she sold the house. Is there anything that can be done or is it to late? Thank You.

Judy and Fred co-mediate family property and financial conflicts, and each work individually as mediators as well. Judy Barber, a mediator and family business consultant, assists clients in resolving overlapping family and money conflicts so they are better able to make sound estate planning decisions. Frederick Hertz is an attorney and mediator who specializes in resolving co-ownership matters involving families, siblings, spouses, cohabitants and domestic partners.

This is not a simple question at all -- and the answer will depend totally on the law in your particular state. It may be possible to make a claim for the proceeds of the house sale, or it may be too late now. You should consult with a probate attorney in your local area that knows the rules for such challenges, and then work with that lawyer if there is a prospect of turning things around. Good luck!