How do we arrange to move a body from Puerto Rico to New York for burials?

Geoffh asked...

My father in law has passed away in Puerto Rico and we need to get him back to New York. Does anyone have any idea as to how to go about this?

Rebekah Peoples, CFSP, CPC, Is a licensed funeral director and embalmer. She is passionate about serving others and believes that giving clients honest, accurate information empowers them to create tributes and services that are meaningful and appropriate.

Surprisingly, this is easier than you probably think. Call the funeral home in New York that you want to handle the services there and they will take care of all the arrangements.

Funeral directors have a network that allows them to easily contact a funeral home in Puerto Rico to arrange for them to pick his body up and bring it into their care to do whatever is necessary. The two funeral homes will work out an agreeable travel schedule to get his body from Puerto Rico to the US for burial in a reasonably short period of time.

Be sure to ask the funeral home in New York to keep you informed each step of the way until your father-in-law's body is safely there.

Professionally, I know several funeral directors in that state. Feel free to email me at wecare@funeral411.com if I can help in any way.