What medications besides Aricept and Namenda can help with memory loss?

Daughter140404 asked...

My mother is getting worse with memory loss. She has tried Aricept and Namenda medicine and says that they make her sick to her stomach. She does have stomach problems. Is there anything you can recommend that might help. She is in early stages of Alzheimer's. She won't be able to drive soon. Thank you very much.

Ladislav Volicer, M.D., Ph.D., is recognized as an international expert on advanced dementia care. He is a courtesy full professor at the School of Aging Studies, University of South Florida, Tampa, and visiting professor at the Third Medical Faculty, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic. Twenty-five years ago, he established one of the first dementia special care units.

There are no other medications that were proven to be effective in Alzheimer's disease. However, you could try medical food Axona made by Accera, Inc. and Concord grape juice. There is some evidence, but not definitive, that these food supplements may be helpful in early Alzheimer's disease.

Jordylulu answered...

May I start by identifying myself as part of the CerefolinNAC® brand team at Pamlab. If you are interested in learning more about CerefolinNAC® and how it works, we encourage you to visit www.cerefolinnac.com to discover more about the role CerefolinNAC® plays in early memory loss.

One of the most fascinating aspects of the aging brain is the simple fact that it needs nourishment, which becomes increasingly difficult as we reach advanced ages. Further, for some patients, the brain can be genetically predisposed to neuronal damage by metabolic imbalances that can accelerate the onset of Alzheimer's disease and/or dementia. If you are having difficulty remembering or becoming more forgetful, it could be the signs of early memory loss. Early intervention and correction of this metabolic imbalance offers the greatest opportunity for stabilizing brain function. CerefolinNAC is designed to metabolically nourish and protect neurons in the brain from further decline and damage that can lead to Alzheimer's disease. CerefolinNAC® is well tolerated and General Regarded as Safe (GRAS)

Thanks, CerefolinNAC® Brand Team

Rmgillis23 answered...

The Exelon patch is available and approved for alzheimers, dememtia. My parent has a tempermental, delicate stomach. The neurologist put her on this rather than a pill to not bother her stomach. The patch is a once a day/24 hour patch. It works very well.

Daughter140404 answered...

Thank you very much, I just got the Exelon patch and I will try it tomorrow for my Mom.